Framed Wolftrax SRAM X5 2x10 Fat Bike -- 2016
Save $399.03 (31%) $899.97 MSRP $1,299.00
Fat bikes for everyone, proclaims Framed. Founded in 2010 in St. Paul Minnesota, Framed is on a mission to make fat bikes more affordable for everyone, with one catch: the bikes have to perform at a high level as well. In a global market place where the cost of manufacturing a product is lowered by producing a larger volume of it, that's tough to achieve with a style of bike that's relatively new to cycling. How do they do it? Who cares, honestly. They did it. Now, you can ride a bike like the Wolftrax and not daydream over it because of its prohibitive cost.
The Wolftrax starts with Framed's proprietary and unique frame designs. They feature more room to move and offer a centered rider position for greater performance and comfort. The SRAM X5 2x10 edition is equipped with Avid BB5 Disc Brakes and 160mm rotors which deliver superior braking performance on singletrack. Additionally, the Wolftrax has lightweight 80mm Alloy rims with snazzy rectangle cutouts. The rims are outfitted with massive Wolftrax 4" wide 26" tires which are upgraded to 120 threads per inch on the 2x10 version. This tread design provides astonishing grip in nearly all riding conditions.
- Framed Exclusive TIG Welded Oversized 6061 Aluminum Alloy frame with tapered head tube and over-sized alloy fork
- SRAM 2x10 X5 drivetrain with 38/28-tooth double crank and 175mm arms
- All-weather Avid BB5 disc brakes and CleanSweep 160mm rotors
- Proprietary Framed rims with weight reducing rectangular cut outs and a burly 15mm thru-axle front
- Plush saddle, designed for performance rides with comfort, and lock-on grips