Marin Gestalt X10 Gravel Bike - 2018
Road riding is changing. In fact, these days it's more like "road" riding, since so many riders are choosing to ride drop bar bikes on what could only loosely be called a road. While you can (and many have) certainly use a traditional road bike for this...why would you want to when there's a bike like the 2018 edition Marin Gestalt X10.
The Gestalt is part of a new breed of road bikes, called gravel bikes or adventure bikes, which expand on the idea of what a road bike can do. The Gestalt is built around a durable, lightweight and adventure-ready Series 3 6061 aluminum alloy frame and carbon fork with a rugged aluminum steerer, relieved head tube and bottom bracket shell. The gravel-oriented geometry gives the bike plenty of compliance for comfort over even the roughest of roads and gravel tracks. Front and rear fender mounts ensure that even when it's muddy, you'll be able to stay (mostly) clean and dry, and rack mounts make it an excellent choice for light touring or bike packing.
When riding gravel, having a wide gear range is essential. That's why the Gestalt X10 comes equipped with a SRAM Rival 1x10-speed shifters, a massive 11-42T cassette, and a 42T Narrow-Wide single chainring that ensures you have gearing for any obstacle you might encounter, while simplifying the drivetrain to make shifting easier. Road-focused mechanical disc brakes are reliable on and off-road, and have great stopping power in all weather conditions. The Gestalt rolls on a set of rugged Marin tubeless-ready aluminum double wall rims, wrapped up in Schwalbe Kojak 700x35 tires with a Kevlar puncture protection belt.
- Lightweight and durable Series 3 6061 alloy frame
- Lightweight carbon fork with aluminum steerer for responsive handling
- SRAM Apex 1x10-speed shifter with SRAM GX rear derailleur for smooth, precise gear changes
- 42-tooth Narrow Wide single chainring combined with 11-42T 10-speed cassette provides a wide range of gear options
- Tektro Spyre-C Road mechanical disc brakes for all-weather stopping power
- Rugged Schwalbe Kojak 700x35 tires with Kevlar puncture protection