2013 Fuji Gran Fondo 1.5 C Road BikeThe 2013 Fuji Gran Fondo 1.5 C road bike is meant to be enjoyed for miles without restriction. Unlike the slightly aggressive geometry of traditional road race bikes, the Gran Fondo 1.5 C features a more relaxed frame design with a slightly longer head tube and chain stays. This creates a more upright riding position, which helps reduce fatigue when you spend hours in the saddle.
The Gran Fondo 1.5 C's frame is constructed with Fuji's C10 ultra high-modulus carbon fiber. When it comes to carbon fiber, the higher the modulus the greater the stiffness. And when you're talking bike frame, stiffness means less flex and more efficient power transmission. Adding to the Gran Fondo's stiffness is a BB86 bottom bracket shell. Using this larger, stiffer bottom bracket allowed the bike's designers to reduce the thickness of the seatstays, which enhances the Gran Fondo's ability to damp road vibration and provides a more responsive ride. A tapered head tube stiffens the front end of the frame, providing more responsive handling.
The Gran Fondo is equipped with a 20-speed Shimano Ultegra drivetrain and a Rotor 3DF compact crankset. The 3DF is forged and CNC-machined and features Rotor's Trinity Drilling System for an extremely high torsional resistance. That means more of your pedaling effort is transferred into forward motion, rather than being lost to crankarm flex. Ultegra derailleurs and shifters handle gear changes smoothly and precisely, making it easy to get up to speed fast and maintain your momentum over a variety of terrain. Shimano Ultegra STI shift/brake combination levers give you total control with their ergonomic, hand-friendly design and Oval handlebar, stem, seatpost and saddle provide a comfortable and functional cockpit.
The Gran Fondo 1.5 C's Oval 327 aero clinchers have a deep enough profile to provide a speed advantage, yet they're still capable of delivering a very comfortable ride and responsive handling, even in cross winds. The wheels are fitted with Vittoria Zaffiro Pro tires. They have a slick tread for low rolling resistance and a 25c profile, which further enhances stability.
Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
2013 Fuji Gran Fondo 1.5 C Road Bike
- bottom bracket:
- Rotor press-fit BB86-30 sealed bearing
- Shimano Ultegra
- Shimano 105, 11-28T, 10-speed
- KMC X10, 10-speed
- Rotor 3DF, 50/34T
- FC-330 carbon monocoque w/ tapered carbon steerer & carbon dropout
- C10 ultra high-modulus carbon, integrated head tube w/ 1 1/2" lower, internal cable routing, oversized PIIS BB86 shell, double water bottle mounts
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Ultegra, braze-on mount
- Oval 300 suede-padded tape
- Oval 310 butted 6061 alloy, 31.8mm
- FSA Orbit C-40, 1 1/8" upper - 1 1/2" lower, integrated w/ carbon top cover
- Shimano Ultegra STI
- rack mounts:
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Ultegra, 10-speed
- Oval R700 w/ CrMo-Ti hollow rails
- Oval 905, carbon 31.6mm x 350mm
- Shimano Ultegra STI shifter/brake combo, Flight Deck-compatible, 20-speed
- Oval 713 3D-forged 7050 alloy, 31.8mm, +/- 6 degrees
- Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Slick, 60 tpi, 700c x 25mm, folding
- Oval 327 aero alloy clincher, 20/24H sealed bearing hubs, stainless bladed spokes