2013 Kestrel 4000 LTD Dura-Ace Di2 Triathlon BikeThe cream of the crop; the Kestrel 4000 LTD Dura-Ace Di2 triathlon bike is as fast as it is gorgeous. All of the stops were pulled out in order to put together a bike for any rider unwilling to compromise on quality and full-on miles per hour. Shimano Di2, Oval deep dish carbon wheels and Kestrel's proprietary carbon technology combine to make more of a rocket ship than a bike.
With 20 years of carbon fiber experience, Philadelphia's Kestrel brand bicycles is truly a leader and innovator of race design against the clock. Behind every Kestrel stands a mighty process: meticulous engineering, modeling, computer-simulations and prototypes, subjected to rigorous structural testing, test-ridden, refined and redesigned. Finally, each frame is hand built by Kestrel using the tightest quality control standards in the industry before the bike reaches the Performance Bicycle sales floor, or is delivered to your door from our warehouse. The Kestrel 4000 LTD is constructed from 800k High Modulus (high degree of stiffness) carbon, which is 30% more stiff than their 700k carbon, and allows Kestrel to use 20% less material in the production of the frame. The BB30 press fit bottom bracket and tapered head tube further the amount of frame stiffness. The 4000 LTD is a dormant rocket ship, begging for even a small effort, and it will takeoff.
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 11-speed Di2 is more than a mouthful; it's the preferred weapon against the clock. With Dura-Ace 9000, Shimano moves to the next generation with authority. Reduced shifting effort lets you concentrate on riding. There's more control thanks to improved ergonomics and the unbeatable reliability and durability should give you every bit of confidence. The Shimano Di2 9070 rear derailleur delivers precise, lightning-fast shifts across the Dura-Ace 11-speed cassette, whatever the conditions, with just a button click. The 9070 rear derailleur is now more compact and lighter. Plus, automatic crash protection moves the cage out of harm's way. The 4000 LTD features Di2 TT shifters/ The Quick, double-button, effortless electronic push button shifting on the aero bar extensions allows for quick-thinking when the course or grade suddenly changes. A big boy 54/42 Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 Crankset was chosen to deliver massive amounts of power directly into the frame. Together, these components minimize weight to maximize your overall performance.
Oval Concepts 981 Carbon Clinchers, like the Zipp Firecrest Carbon 808 wheel set, feature an 81mm rim height for increased aerodynamics. The 981's are ultra-stiff, responding well to sudden accelerations and outfitted with low rolling resistance Hutchinson Atom Comp 23c tires. The Kestrel 4000 LTD with Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9000 has everything you could need to beat the clock.
- 800K High Modulus Carbon Fiber frame and Kestrel EMS Pro SL TT Full Carbon fork
- Shimano Dura Ace Di2 11-speed drivetrain
- Oval Concepts 981 Carbon Clincher 81mm wheel set
- Kestrel EMS Pro seatpost with Ritchey Clamp System
- Profile Volna Integrated Ski Bend handlebar and Oval Concepts 913 Carbon stem
2013 Kestrel 4000 LTD Dura-Ace Di2 Triathlon Bike
- bottom bracket:
- FSA Integrated, BB30, Ceramic Bearings
- TRP 920 Forged Aero Center Pull
- Shimano Dura Ace, 11-25T
- Shimano Dura Ace 11-sp
- Shimano Dura Ace TT 54/42T (47cm, 50cm: 170mm; 52.5cm, 55cm: 172.5mm; 57.5cm, 59.5cm: 175mm)
- Kestrel EMS Pro SL TT Full Carbon, 1 1/8" - 1 1/4" Tapered Steerer
- 800K High Modulus Carbon Fiber, 800K High Modulus Carbon Fiber With Replaceable/Adjustable Dropouts
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Dura Ace Di2, Braze-on
- Kestrel Suede Tape
- Profile Volna Integrated Ski Bend (42cm) 31.8
- FSA CX Integrated 1 1/4" Top, 1 1/4" Bottom with 10mm Top Cover and Cable Guide
- Shimano Dura Ace Di2
- rack mounts:
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Dura Ace Di2, 11-sp
- Oval Concepts 700 Triathlon w/ CrN-Ti Alloy Rails
- Kestrel EMS Pro w/ Ritchey Clamp System
- Shimano Dura Ace Di2 for TT/Tri, 22-sp, Flight Deck Compatible
- Oval Concepts 913 Carbon, 31.8mm +/- 6 degrees (47cm, 50cm: 80mm; 52.5cmcm, 55cm: 90mm; 57.5cm, 59.5cm: 100mm)
- Hutchinson Atom Comp 700 X 23c
- Oval Concepts 981 Carbon Clincher, 81mm rim, 16H Front, 20H Rear 700c