2014 Fuji Altamira 2.3 Road BikeThe Altamira series is the result of Fuji's tireless pursuit in designing the lightest and highest performing road bikes on the market. All new for 2014, the Altamira 2.3 features a list of amazing components, excellent frame tubing technology, and precise shifting that will deliver year over year. And weighing in at just 17.09 pounds, the 2.3 is the kind of bike that you can buy and race right out of the box.
The Altamira frame incorporates Fuji's revolutionary High Compaction molding process, ETC chainstays and super-thin seatstays for an ideal combination of efficiency and comfort in an all-around competition grade road platform. The C5 carbon weaving process translates into a frame that is incredibly stiff without adding unnecessary weight. Internal molds are used to smooth the walls of the frame in critical areas. This helps eliminate wrinkles in their sheets of carbon, maximize resin flow for strength and gain greater compaction. The Altamira frame has a Shimano Press-Fit BB86 bottom bracket for added stiffness and weight savings. The tapered headtube gives the rider better handling and realization of power transmission, while the ETC chainstays add increased compliance and stability, giving the Altamira 2.3 an unbelievable feel whether you're climbing or sprinting.
The Altamira 2.3 features an Oval tubular alloy crankset and a full Shimano Ultegra 11-speed shifter, derailleur, cassette group. Ultegra boasts the same shifting technology employed by its pro-level sibling Dura-ace...the difference being a nominal weight sacrifice and a substantial price gap. With Ultegra, it is given that changing gears is instantaneous and accurate with optimal comfort and control. A compact 50/34T chainring set is geared toward riders who need the versatility for climbing, accelerating, and top speeds, but don't want the burden of pushing a pro-sized 53-tooth big ring in the front.
Great components are critical on a high-performance oriented road bike. Fuji selected a carbon Oval Concepts 905 seatpost and an Oval 310 alloy butted handlebar with a 313 alloy forged stem. This is the best blend of lightweight and dependable performance. Oval 527 aero alloy clinchers are one of Oval's super-light offerings and bring a significant aerodynamic advantage without resorting to a deep section profile, which could slow you down in a prevailing crosswind.
Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location Features: Learn More:
2014 Fuji Altamira 2.3 Road Bike
- bottom bracket:
- Press-fit BB86 sealed bearing
- Shimano Ultegra
- Shimano Ultegra, 11-28T, 11-speed
- KMC X11L, 11-speed
- Oval 720 hollow forged alloy, 50/34T
- FC-440 carbon w/ tapered carbon steerer & carbon dropout
- C5 high-modulus carbon, integrated head tube w/ 1 1/2" lower, oversized PIIS BB86 shell, double water bottle mounts
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Ultegra, braze-on mount
- Oval 300 suede-padded tape
- Oval 310 butted 6061 alloy, 31.8mm
- FSA Orbit C-40, 1 1/8" upper - 1 1/2" lower, integrated
- Shimano Ultegra STI
- rack mounts:
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed
- Oval R500 w/ CrMo hollow rails
- Oval 905, carbon 31.6mm x 350mm
- Shimano Ultegra STI shifter/brake combo, Flight Deck-compatible, 22-speed
- Oval 313 3D-forged 6061 alloy, 31.8mm, +/- 6 degrees
- Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Slick, 60 tpi, 700c x 23mm, folding
- Oval 527 aero alloy clincher, 20/24H sealed bearing hubs, stainless bladed spokes
You May Also Like
- 2013 Fuji SST 2.1 C Road Bike Our Price: $2,899.99 SALE: $2,499.99
- 2013 Fuji SST 2.0 LE Road Bike - Performance Exclusive Our Price: $3,449.99 SALE: $1,899.00
- 2014 Fuji Altamira SL 1.3 Road Bike Our Price: $4,600.00 SALE: $4,599.99