SPECIAL OFFERTotally Free Shipping and Assembly When Shipped To Store See details
Fuji Altamira 2.5 Road Bike - 2014The Altamira series is the result of Fuji's tireless pursuit in designing the lightest and highest performing road bikes on the market. All new for 2014, the Altamira 2.5 features a list of amazing components, excellent frame tubing technology, and precise shifting that will deliver year over year.
The Altamira frame utilizes Fuji's revolutionary High Compaction molding process, ETC chainstays and super-thin seatstays for an ideal combination of efficiency and comfort in an all-around competition grade road platform. The C5 carbon weaving process translates into a frame that is incredibly stiff without adding unnecessary weight. Internal molds are used to smooth the walls of the frame in critical areas. This helps eliminate wrinkles in their sheets of carbon, maximize resin flow for strength and gain greater compaction. The Altamira frame has a Shimano Press-Fit BB86 bottom bracket for added stiffness and weight savings. The tapered headtube gives the rider better handling and realization of power transmission, while the ETC chainstays add increased compliance and stability, giving the Altamira 2.5 an unbelievable feel for miles to come.
The Altamira 2.5 features an Oval forged alloy crankset and a Shimano 105 derailleur setup. Shimano 105 boasts the same shifting technology employed by its pro-level sibling Dura-ace...the difference being a nominal weight sacrifice and a huge price gap. With 105, it is guaranteed that changing gears is instantaneous and accurate with optimal comfort and control. A compact 50/34T chainring set is geared toward riders who need the versatility for climbing, accelerating, and top speeds, but don't want the burden of pushing a pro-sized 53-tooth big ring in the front.
Great components are critical on a performance oriented road bike. Fuji selected a carbon Oval Concepts 905 seatpost and an Oval 310 alloy butted handlebar with a 313 alloy forged stem. This is the best blend of lightweight and dependable performance. Oval 327 aero alloy clinchers add a slight aerodynamic advantage without resorting to a deep section profile, which could slow you down in a prevailing crosswind.
- C-5 hi-modulus carbon frame and FC-770 carbon fork blades provide superior lightness, strength, and power transfer
- Shimano 105 drivetrain features Shimano's top-line shifting technology
- 20-speed gearing options make accelerating, climbing, and top speeds readily accessible
- Aluminum Alloy and carbon components are light, strong, and corrosion resistant
- Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Slick tires are lightweight and provide superior performance in all kinds of conditions
Fuji Altamira 2.5 Road Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Press-fit BB86 sealed bearing
- Shimano 105
- Shimano Tiagra, 12-28T, 10-speed
- KMC X10, 10-speed
- Oval 520 forged alloy, 50/34T
- FC-770 carbon fork blades w/ tapered alloy steerer
- C5 high-modulus carbon, integrated head tube w/ 1 1/2" lower, oversized PIIS BB86 shell, replaceable hanger
- front derailleur:
- Shimano 105, braze-on mount
- Oval 300 suede-padded tape
- Oval 310 butted 6061 alloy, 31.8mm
- FSA Orbit C-40, 1 1/8" upper - 1 1/2" lower, integrated
- Shimano 105 STI
- rack mounts:
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano 105, 10-speed
- Oval R500 w/ CrMo hollow rails
- Oval 905, carbon 31.6mm x 350mm
- Shimano 105 STI shifter/brake combo, Flight Deck-compatible, 20-speed
- Oval 313 3D-forged 6061 alloy, 31.8mm, +/- 7 degrees
- Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Slick, 60 tpi, 700c x 23mm, folding
- Oval 327 aero alloy clincher, 20/24H precision road hubs, stainless bladed spokes
You May Also Like
- Fuji SST 2.0 LE Road Bike - 2014 Performance Exclusive Our Price: $2,799.99 SALE: $2,149.00
- Fuji Altamira 2.0 LE Road Bike - 2014 Performance Exclusive No price available.