SPECIAL OFFERTotally Free Shipping and Assembly When Shipped To Store See details
Fuji Altamira SL 1.3 Road Bike - 2014When the Altamira SL was first introduced last year, it shocked the bike world. How could anyone possibly make a bike so light? The secret turned out to be the frame, which was made with an entirely new manufacturing process that squeezed out every possible gram to create a sub 14-pound bike that floated up the mountains. Now, normally when Fuji numbers their bikes, the higher the number the higher-end the bike. The Altamira SL series breaks this convention though, as the Altamira SL 1.3 really addresses differences in climbing and descending style, instead of budget concerns. The SL 1.3 keeps the same from and fork as the SL, but swaps out the SRAM Red 22 group for Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 mechanical (hardly what we would consider a downgrade...) and the Oval carbon fiber tubular for a traditional set of alloy clinchers.
ABOUT THE FRAME: The Altamira SL 1.3 frame is built using C15 carbon fiber, and their revolutionary high compaction molding process. What this new process does is basically eliminate wrinkles and squeeze out every spare drop of epoxy. This makes for a denser, more consistent and lighter weight carbon layup than is usually found on bikes. They also looked at tube shape and thickness, tapering the top tube near the seat tube junction to save weight in low-stress areas. But this isn't some willowy, flimsy bike. The BB86 bottom bracket shell and oversized 1-1/8" -- 1-1/2" headtube give rigidity and mass to areas that need extra material and reinforcement. The Fork is a FC-330 carbon monocoque with an oversized, tapered full carbon steer tube for optimal stiffness and handling. The rake provides a level of handling that is impressively responsive without being twitchy or pushing you to the limits of comfort.
ABOUT SHIMANO DURA-ACE 9000: The elite Dura-Ace 9000 component group warrants some details. The shifters have been completely redesigned from the old 7900 group, and take ergonomic and design cues from Shimano's Di2 components. The hoods have been redesigned to be smaller and sleeker for a more comfortable grip in almost any hand position. They've also been designed to reduce the amount of force required to throw the levers, so you have fewer mis-timed or inaccurate shifts.
Shimano didn't just stop at the pretty looking shifters though. The 9000 derailleurs have gotten an overhaul as well. The rear derailleur has been updated to be compatible with 11-speed cassettes, and delivers fast, accurate shifting across the entire cassette. The front derailleur has a new pull arm design for more direct and easy shifting that takes less effort to shift to the big ring, and there's very little chain rub, even when cross chaining. The chainring was redesigned with some unconventional, stunning good looks that hide some amazing innovation. The new 4-bolt design certainly stands out from the crowd, but it's not just different for the sake of being different. The new design makes it possible to have a crankset that has no BCD standard, so you can run a 50/34 compact set up or a 53/39 standard ring combo, or any variation thereof, on the same crank. This bike, however, comes with a 52/36 mid-compact chainring combo, making it ideal for races with lots of climbing.
ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE: The Altamira SL 1.3 features Oval 733 aero alloy clinchers. You might be wondering why a bike built for climbing would feature alloy wheels. Fair enough. But for many riders, carbon wheels aren't necessarily the best option for training rides, or on race day. They might be heavier, but they offer better braking performance, and tend to descend better than carbon fiber wheels. The 733's are also clinchers, which means that changing a flat or changing out tires is now an easier task than with tubulars. Oh, and did we mention they're tubeless ready? The bike also features an Oval 905 carbon seatpost, and Oval 910 carbon handlebars for a premium, high end feel and performance.
- Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
- Fuji C15 high modulus carbon fiber frame is made with high compaction molding to shed every possible gram and create a stiff, lightweight frame
- FC-330 carbon monocoque fork is super lightweight and features a tight race geometry
- Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 groupset delivers 11-speeds, exceptional performance and the incredible ergonomics
- Oval 733 alloy clinchers wheels are lightweight, stiff, offer exceptional braking performance, and are tubeless ready
- Carbon fiber handlebars and seatpost from Oval cut grams and improve performance
Fuji Altamira SL 1.3 Road Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Shimano Dura-Ace press-fit BB86 sealed bearing
- Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Shimano Dura-Ace 9000, 11-25T, 11-speed
- Shimano Dura-Ace 9000, 11-speed
- Shimano Dura-Ace 9000, 52/36T, 11-speed
- FC-330 carbon monocoque w/ tapered carbon steerer & carbon dropout
- C15 ultra high-modulus carbon w/ High Compaction Molding System, integrated head tube w/ 1 1/2" lower, oversized PIIS BB86 shell, double water bottle mounts, oversized chainstays, carbon dropout w/ replaceable hanger
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Dura-Ace 9000, braze-on mount
- Oval 300 suede-padded tape
- Oval R910 carbon, 31.8mm
- FSA Orbit C-40, 1 1/8" upper - 1 1/2" lower, integrated w/ carbon top cover
- Shimano Dura-Ace STI 9000
- rack mounts:
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Dura-Ace 9000, 11-speed
- Oval R700 w/ CrMo-Ti hollow rails
- Oval 905, carbon 31.6mm x 350mm
- Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 STI, 22-speed
- Oval 713 3D-forged 7050 alloy, 31.8mm, +/- 6 degrees
- Vittoria Rubino Pro Slick, 150 tpi, 700c x 23mm, folding
- Oval 733 aero alloy clincher, 33mm rim - 700c, tubeless ready