SPECIAL OFFERTOTALLY FREE SHIPPING and ASSEMBLY When Shipped To Store See details
Fuji Tahoe 1.5 27.5" Mountain Bike - 2014The Fuji Tahoe 1.5 27.5" mountain bike boasts a more-than-impressive frame and fork with a list of components that feature high technology and great spec. If you're looking for an ultra-capable, ultra-versatile mountain bike that is ready for serious cross-country riding, Fuji's Tahoe line delivers in spades.
Tahoe's frame is A2-SL custom butted aluminum, a lightweight and ultra strong material that is shaped for efficiency, weight reduction, and excellent power transfer. The tapered headtube (an innovation in recent seasons) serves to improve steering response and adds crucial front end strength. The Rock Shox fork features a remote lock out which will help you climb, and 100mm means it can handle any XC landing.
The Tahoe 1.5 drivetrain and brake setup is perfect for varied terrain. Fuji chose the Deore family with the exception of the rear derailleur, which is Deore XT. The Deore family uses the same technology as their pro-level Shimano counterparts, so they guarantee 20 speeds of perfect shifting under all conditions with little need for adjustment. The Hayes Dyno Comp hydraulic disc brakes provide excellent stopping response, plus capable modulation, so the slowing/stopping control not only stops immediately, but can help you control your trail shredding. And all of this rolls on a pair of alloy, Vera Terra wheels which are strong, and able to take a total beating without bowing.
In the cockpit, the 2014 Fuji Tahoe 1.5 boasts some of Oval's choice level componentry. A pair of Oval M100 alloy handlebars and M313 alloy stem are tough and have a slight rise to keep you a bit more upright and in better control. The Oval M200 saddle has steel rails for durability, and a little flex where it counts.
Finally, you may wonder about the 27.5" wheel size. Also known widely as 650b, this wheel size is a reaction to the 29er revolution, and appeals to those who may not have the height for 29" wheels or don't find such large wheels appealing. But as with the 29er, 650b has a larger wheel contact point which means more knobs digging into more dirt, and the ability to roll over some serious obstacles. The Tahoe is more than enough bike to tackle some very serious mountain biking. So whether it's an upgrade, or your first mountain bike, we predict that you'll begin a long and exciting chapter in your cycling experience.
- Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
- Fuji A2-SL custom-butted alloy frame is trail tough and durable
- 27.5" wheel design rolls over obstacles easier, nimble in tight trail
- Hayes Dyno Comp hydraulic disc brakes effective even in bad weather
- Shimano Deore/XT drivetrain provides 20-speeds to choose from
Fuji Tahoe 1.5 27.5" Mountain Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Praxis Works sealed cartridge
- Hayes Dyno Comp, hydraulic disc, 180/160mm rotor
- Driven, 11-36T, 10-speed
- KMC X10, 10-speed
- OVAL 420 w/ integrated spindle, 36/22T
- Rockshox XC30 27.5 w/ alloy steerer, Poplock remote lockout, 100mm travel
- Fuji A2-SL custom-butted alloy w/ PowerCurve down tube, smooth welds, hydroformed top tube, tapered 1 1/8" - 1.5" head tube, BB91 bottom bracket
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Deore, M616, 34.9mm
- Oval dual-density Kraton, lock-on
- Oval M100, alloy riser bar, 9° sweep, 31.8mm diameter, 710mm wide, 15mm rise
- FSA 1 1/8" - 1.5", cartridge bearings
- Hayes Dyno Comp hydraulic
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Deore XT, M781 SGS Shadow, 10-speed
- rear shock:
- Oval M200 w/ steel rails
- Oval M300, alloy double-bolt micro-adjust, 31.6mm x 350mm
- Shimano Deore, M610 Rapid Fire, 10-speed
- Oval M313, 3D-forged alloy, 31.8mm clamp diameter, 6° rise
- Hutchinson Cobra, 27.5" x 2.25" folding, 33 tpi
- Formula DC-73 front / Formula DC-30 rear, 32H disc hubs, Vera Terra DPD22 rims