SPECIAL OFFERTOTALLY FREE SHIPPING and ASSEMBLY When Shipped To Store See details
GT Karakoram Comp 29er Mountain Bike - 2014Mountain biking technology has come a long way especially in recent years, and mountain bike pioneer GT has been leading every step of the way. The 2014 Karakoram Comp pulls out all the stops for an amazing all-mountain-ready bike with a strong and lightweight 6061 Hydroformed aluminum frame, a 100mm travel fork, and an impressive list of lightweight precision components.
Hydroformed tubing in Karakoram's frame means that shapers can add bulk to the frame in critical areas for strength, but thin the tubing out in lower pressure areas to gain a major advantage in light weight. A 100mm travel fork provides shock absorption that will not only smooth out a rooty, rocky trail, but will also give the rider a huge control advantage when going down rough descents. To complement this setup, 29" wheels (a latter-day innovation in mountain biking) roll over obstacles better than their 26" ancestors while maintaining light weight.
A Shimano shifting setup comprised of a 3-speed front and 9-speed rear derailleur and Shimano Alivio rapid-fire shifters give you 27 gearing options of smooth, reliable, responsive, and low-maintenance shifting over all the cogs so you can climb, accelerate, or pedal at top speeds without concerning yourself with rough, choppy shifting.
Like any state-of-the-art mountain bike, Karakoram doesn't skip out on other components either. Hydraulic disc brakes provide superior stopping power in all kinds of conditions, and more critical to a stellar trail experience, hydraulic disc brakes have excellent modulation--translated, it means the power to slow the bike in higher-speed situations so you maintain total control at max levels of excitement. Alloy stem, handlebars, and seatpost further the lightweight agenda, making Karakoram Comp a trail-ready bike with all kinds of great parts and an incredible deal for under a grand.
- 6061 Hydroformed Aluminum frame is durable, light, and powerful
- SR Suntour 100mm travel fork absorbs trail obstacles and helps you keep in control
- Shimano 27-speed drivetrain shifts smoothly, consistently, and reliably
- 29-inch alloy wheels roll easily over obstacles and make for efficient pedaling
- Hydraulic disc brakes make for excellent stopping power and brake modulation
- Alloy components keep weight down and strength up
GT Karakoram Comp 29er Mountain Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Tange Sealed
- Promax Decipher Hydraulic Disc, w/160mm Rotor
- Sunrace CS-M98, 11-36T, 9-Speed Cassette
- KMC Z99
- SR Suntour XCM-T414, 44/32/22T
- SR Suntour XCM-HLO w/ 100mm Travel, 29", Steel Stanchions, Aluminum Leg, Post Mount Disc Brake, Hydraulic Lockout, QR
- 29" Hydroformed 6061 T6 Aluminum Frame, w/ Triple Triangle ¨, Replaceable Derailleur Hanger, Disc Brake Mounts, and Zerostack 1 1/8" Head Tube
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Alivio
- GT Statement
- All Terra 6061 Aluminum Flat Top Riser, 690mm Width, 15mm Rise, 31.8mm Clamp
- Tange Seiki 1 1/8" Threadless, Zerostack
- Promax Decipher Hydraulic
- GT Slim Line Flat Pedal
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Deore
- rear shock:
- All Terra Colorado
- All Terra Alloy Micro-Adjust, 30.9mm
- Shimano Alivio, SL-M430, Rapid Fire
- All Terra 1 1/8" Threadless, 3D Forged, 4-Bolt w/CNC Face Plate, 10-degree Rise, 31.8mm Clamp
- (F) Continental Race King 29" x 2.2", (R) Continental Race King 29" x 2.2"
- Alex MD17, Double Wall, 32H w/All Terra Alloy Disc Hubs
You May Also Like
- GT Karakoram Elite 29er Mountain Bike - 2014 Our Price: $970.00 SALE: $969.99
- GT Zaskar Comp 29er Mountain Bike - 2014 Our Price: $1,499.99 SALE: $1,299.99
- GT Sensor 9R 3.0 29er Mountain Bike - 2014 Performance Exclusive Our Price: $1,499.99 SALE: $1,299.99