SPECIAL OFFERTotally Free Shipping and Assembly When Shipped To Store See details
Fuji SST 2.3 C Road Bike - 2014The 2014 Fuji SST 2.3 C road bike is the latest update of Fuji's all-out speed machine. The swoopy-graceful curves of this road-race machine beg to go fast. Originally created for the Pro crit circuit, where the only thing that matters is results, this bike takes a serious approach to speed.
Lightweight high-performance and long-lasting durability are a balancing act. However, when Fuji created their proprietary C5 high modulus carbon for the SST, they killed those two birds with one stone. The frame is manufactured in a bladder-style mold, which allows Fuji to use their premium and lightweight carbon material to maximize the SST's strength to weight ratio. Fuji utilizes a tapered head tube to improve both the front-end handling and stiffness during all-out efforts; the less flex, the better. A Press-Fit Shimano BB86 houses the crankset bearings inside the frame to reduce weight, while the larger bottom bracket surface area created allows for an oversized down tube and chain stays for even more lateral stiffness. The SST is mounted with an FC-440 carbon fork to further reduce road vibration and tapered for confident handling.
The SST 2.3 C is powered by a Shimano 105 drivetrain. The shifters, working in tandem with the Shimano 105 brake design, allow for a greater level of modulation and power from the tops of the brake hoods, where most people ride a majority of the time. The 10-speed SIS 105 rear derailleur integrates the wide link design prominently featured in both Dura-Ace and Ultegra derailleurs to not only promote quick shifting, but to preserve the pivots for greater durability and long term crisp shifting performance. An Oval 520 alloy mid-compact crank delivers takes the properties of both a standard and a compact crankset and delivers the best of both worlds. With the 52T big ring, you get a higher top end speed, while the 36T little ring makes things easier on the climbs. Combined with a 10-speed 11/28 cassette, and you get plenty of options to achieve the proper cadence.
Finally, the 2014 Fuji SST 2.3 C is outfitted with a bevy of Oval Concepts components. Most notably, the Oval 327 clincher wheels with Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Slick tires supplies stiffness and acceleration with low spoke count bladed spokes.
- C5 high-modulus carbon frame with stiffness-enhancing Fuji RIB Tech
- FC-440 carbon monocoque fork, tapered carbon steerer & carbon dropout
- Shimano 105, 10-speed drivetrain with mid-compact 52/36 crankset
- Low spoke count Oval 327 aero clincher wheels with aero bladed spokes
Fuji SST 2.3 C Road Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Press-fit BB86 sealed bearing
- Shimano 105
- Shimano 105, 11-28T, 10-speed
- KMC X10, 10-speed
- Oval 520 forged alloy, 52/36T
- FC-440 carbon monocoque w/ RIB Tech, tapered carbon steerer & carbon dropout
- C5 high-modulus carbon w/ RIB Tech, integrated head tube w/ 1 1/2" lower, aero seat tube, internal cable routing, oversized PIIS BB86 shell, double water bottle mounts, forged-alloy dropout w/ replaceable hanger
- front derailleur:
- Shimano 105, braze-on mount
- Oval 300 suede-padded tape
- Oval 310 butted 6061 alloy, 31.8mm
- FSA Orbit C-40, 1 1/8" upper - 1 1/2" lower, integrated
- Shimano 105 STI
- rack mounts:
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano 105, 10-speed
- Oval R500 w/ chromoly hollow rails
- Oval aero carbon 290mm
- Shimano 105 STI shifter/brake combo, Flight Deck-compatible, 20-speed
- Oval 313 3D-forged 6061 alloy, 31.8mm, +/- 7 degrees
- Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Slick, 60 tpi, 700c x 23mm, folding
- Oval 327 aero alloy clincher, 20/24H precision road hubs, stainless bladed spokes