SPECIAL OFFERTotally Free Shipping and Assembly When Shipped To Store See details
Diamondback Mason Comp 29er Mountain Bike - 2014The 2014 Diamondback Mason Comp is specially designed to be a capable all-mountain 29er hardtail inspired by the trails of Diamondback's home--the Pacific Northwest. As 29er innovations emerge, Diamondback's designers felt that although the 29" wheel size has obvious advantages such as angle of attack and ease of obstacle clearing, many 29ers forced a sacrifice in center of balance handling. And thus the Mason was born. In the words of those very designers, this rig is slack and low slung -- meant for today's shredder who wants to pedal up but charge down with aggressiveness.
Mason Comp's frame is lightweight butted 6061 aluminum, the industry's go-to material for many high-end road and mountain race bikes, cherished for its shape-ability, strength, and resistance to corrosion. The geometry is slung back to maximize downhill assault with ease and speed. To accompany this, Mason needed plenty of beef and plenty of travel in the fork, so the choice was the RockShox Sektor 29er Gold with a whopping 140mm of travel and a 15mm quick release thru-axle. Translation: very solid downhill and cross-country control that absorbs jumps and obstacles relentlessly with no fear of breaking under extreme pressure.
As an additional measure of awe, Mason Comp's designers chose a simple 1 x 10 drivetrain powered by a RaceFace crank and a SRAM X5/X7 shifter/derailleur setup. The promise of this configuration is smooth, instantaneous shifting in any conditions for any situation. Conventional wisdom amongst all-mountain riders who exist in truly all-mountain environs is that the need for multiple front shifting options does not exist. A 32t front ring and an 11-36t SRAM cassette give you all the climbing and accelerating power you need--if you're in it for real all-mountain action, gravity will give you plenty of momentum for insane top speeds.
Avid Elixir hydraulic disc brakes provide excellent stopping power and amazing modulation for increased trail control. They're also designed to stave off brake fade that lesser brake systems succumb to under extreme downhill/high rotor heat situations--Elixers deliver in all conditions. Add in a slew of high-performing alloy parts such as Raceface riser handlebars and a Diamondback stem, and roll it all on a pair of super light, super strong alloy double wall rims and Kenda Nevegal tires, and you'll experience all-mountain riding in its purest, simplest, and most exciting form.
- 6061 aluminum frame is light, strong, fast, and has ideal all-mountain geometry
- 140mm travel Rockshox Sector 29er Gold fork is ready for any downhill, any obstacle, any terrain
- A 1x10 SRAM/RaceFace drivetrain is simple and provides effortless shifting and plenty of gearing options for tough up and down trails
- Avid Elixir hydraulic disc brakes provide superior stopping and excellent modulation
- 29" wheels surmount obstacles easily, provide great efficiency, and have low rolling resistance
Diamondback Mason Comp 29er Mountain Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Raceface BB
- AVID Elixir 1 Hydraulic Disc w/ 180mm Front & 160mm Rear G2 Rotors
- SRAM PG-1030 10spd Cassette (11-36t)
- SRAM PC-1031 Power Link - Gold
- RACEFACE Respond 10 spd w/outboard bearing BB w/o guard 32t single ring
- ROCKSHOX Sektor 29 Gold, 140 mm Travel, 15mm Maxle, Solo Air, external rebound adj. w/turnkey lockout, Magnesium Lowers, Alloy 1.5 Tapered Steerer Tube
- Mason 29" All Mountain 6061-T6 Weapons Grade Aluminum w/formed Top Tube, Butted / Formed Down Tube / Seatstays, Tapered Head Tube, ISCG, 142x12mm Maxle Drop out
- front derailleur:
- DB4L "Lock on" 135mm Kraton
- RACEFACE RIDE 710mm riser 31.8
- FSA No57 Taper 1.5 / 1 1/8" Alloy cups, Sealed Cartridge
- AVID Elixir 1 Hydraulic Levers w/ Reach Adj.
- DB Sound Alloy w/ molded traction pins
- rear derailleur:
- SRAM X-7, Short Cage, 10spd
- rear shock:
- DB MASON Signature saddle
- Crank Brothers Kronolog Dropper 30.9
- SRAM X-5 10spd trigger
- DB AL6061 3D forge 31.8, 50mm ext. 7degree rise
- KENDA Nevegal 29x2.2 frt / Slant 6 29x2.0 rear, Folding
- 32h AM290, 29" Doublewall Disc, hubs: (F) 32h 15mm thru axle, Alloy, sealed cartridge bearing Disc (R) 32h 142x12 sealed cartridge bearing, 12mm thru axle, Cassette w/ CNC Disc mount, w/ SRAM QR
You May Also Like
- 2014 Diamondback Sortie 1.0 29er Mountain Bike Our Price: $2,399.99 SALE: $1,999.00
- GT Zaskar 9r Elite 29er Mountain Bike - 2014 Our Price: $2,088.99 SALE: $1,499.00
- GT Sensor 9R 2.0 29er Mountain Bike - 2014 Performance Exclusive Our Price: $2,299.99 SALE: $1,699.00