SPECIAL OFFERTotally Free Shipping and Assembly When Shipped To Store See details
Diamondback Mission Pro 26" Mountain Bike - 2014If you were to spend an afternoon thinking about your dream bike, it would probably end up looking awfully similar to the 2014 Diamondback Mission Pro 26" full suspension mountain bike. The Mission was designed for Enduro and All mountain riders to help them take their game to a new level. Nice and nimble on 26" wheels with a cushy suspension that can deal with almost anything on the trail, this is a bike that begs to be ridden hard and pushed to the limits. With 6 big inches of front and rear travel thanks to a Fox front and rear suspension, the Mission is a bike that brings plenty of trail taming weaponry to any ride. The frame is created from 6061-T6 weapons grade aluminum with a hydroformed top tube and butted downtube, seatstays and a tapered headtube to give you a stiff, fast, exhilarating ride like nothing you've ever experienced. But at the heart of it all is Diamondback Knuckle Box.
The Knuckle Box, or bell crank, is the core of the single-pivot four-bar suspension platform. Optimally placed pivots equate to a low leverage ratio, and ultimately to superior pedaling efficiency and small-bump compliance. This also allows the shock to work more efficiently and reduces pedal induced motion. It also reduces overall load on the system which will lead to improved shock and bearing life. Placing the Knuckle Box low within the frame, situates the greatest weight of the bike closer to the bottom bracket, which lowers the bike's center of gravity and allows it to better track and corner.
Where the Mission comes to life is on the descent. On previous versions of the Mission, Diamondback has used both 150mm Fox 32's and 160mm Fox 36's. However, time and testing have proven that a 160mm fork with larger 36mm stanchions and a 20mm thru axle are a perfect fit for this All-Mountain steed. A 160mm fork up front allows the front end to sit slack at a capable 67 degrees. The slacker front end eats obstacles with ease and ads more stability on the descents but doesn't compromise ones climbing ability. For this application we've gone with the Fox 36 Float R air. With 160mm of travel, open bath w/ external rebound, a tapered steerer, 36mm Easton aluminum stanchions, and magnesium lowers, this is a fork that means business.
Shifting comes in courtesy of SRAM's amazing and much hyped X-0 X-Horizon 1x11 drivetrain. With a 32T chainring up front and a 10-42T cassette in the back, there is no obstacle that you can't pedal your way over. And thanks to the single chainring set up, you get a wide range of gears without having to worry about chain rub or dropped chains. Stopping comes courtesy of Avid X-0 hydraulic disc brakes. With external pad contact and adjustable reach levers, these excellent brakes deliver powerful, well modulated stopping power when you need it most.
Rounding everything off is a bevy of excellent Crank Brothers and Raceface components--including a Crank Brother Kronolog Dropper post, and a set of Easton Have 26" wheels, and this may well be the 26" trail tamer that you've been dreaming of.
- Stiff and responsive weapons-grade 6061-T6 aluminum fork excels on descents
- Knuckle Box suspension with a Fox Float shock helps tame even the gnarliest trails
- Fox 36 Float CTD air 160mm travel fork can handle anything you throw at it
- SRAM X-0 X-Horizon 1x11 drivetrain delivers a huge range of gears with less hassle than ever
- Avid X-0 hydraulic disc brakes provide responsive braking when you need it most
- Crank Brothers Kronolog dropper post makes it even easier to tackle the toughest obstacles
- Easton Haven wheels spin up quickly and deliver nimble, fast performance
Diamondback Mission Pro 26" Mountain Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- GXP Sealed Outboard Bearing
- AVID XO Trail 4 piston Hydraulic Disc w/200mm frt 180mm rr HS-1 rotors
- SRAM XG-1195 XO 11spd Cassette (10-42t)
- SRAM PC-XX1 11spd
- SRAM X1 X-Sync 11spd, 32T, w/ GXP Sealed Outboard Bearing BB
- Fox 36 Float R air, 160mm travel, open bath, w/ ext. rebound, butted Alloy 1.5 Tapered steerer, 32mm Easton aluminum stanchions, magnesium lowers, w/20mm thru axle
- Mission All Mountain 6" 6061-T6 Weapons Grade Aluminum w/Hydroformed Top Tube, Butted / Formed Down Tube / Seatstays, Under Arch Seatstay bridge, Tapered Head Tube Knuckle Box Technology, ISCG, 142x12mm E-Thru Axle Drop out
- front derailleur:
- DB4L "Lock on" 135mm Kraton
- RACEFACE Atlas 785mm riser bar 31.8mm
- FSA No57 Taper 1.5 / 1 1/8" Alloy cups, Sealed Cartridge
- AVID XO Trail Hydraulic Levers with external pad contact, and reach adj
- DB Sound Alloy w/ molded traction pins
- rear derailleur:
- SRAM X0 X-Horizon, Type 2 11spd
- rear shock:
- Fox Float, CTD adjust, boost valve, "LV" eyelet, 8.5x2.5" Air, DB Mission Spec, w/rebound adj, w/Climb, Trail, Descend, w/3 levels pedal platform
- WTB Silverado Race SL w/ NiTi Rails
- Crank Brothers Kronolog Dropper 30.9
- SRAM X0 11spd trigger
- RACEFACE Atlas CNC 0 degree, 31.8mm
- KENDA Nevegal 26x2.35, w/STICK-E rubber compound, Folding
- Easton HAVEN 24h, 26" Clincher - UST rims, (F) Easton HAVEN 24h, 20mm thru axle, Alloy Sealed Cartridge Bearing Disc (R) Easton HAVEN 24h, 142x12 thru axle, Alloy Sealed Cartridge Bearing Disc, SRAM Compatable 11spd Driver, w/ Shimano E-thru QR Axle