SPECIAL OFFERTOTALLY FREE SHIPPING and ASSEMBLY When Shipped To Store See details
Diamondback Sortie Black 29er Mountain Bike - 2014You probably clicked here because of the picture. You may not have even read the name of the bike. I will tell you the name of the bike and why it is an elite mountain bike. I will tell you all about the Diamondback Sortie Black's immaculate suspension design and superior components, but I won't be able to keep you from looking at the picture over and over again. Yep, you stopped reading. You're already looking at the picture again.
The Sortie Black is designed around their 6061-T6 Weapons Grade Aluminum frame, which features a hydroformed top tube, a butted and formed downtube, a seat stay bridge, tapered headtube and Diamondback's legendary Knuckle Box Suspension technology. The biggest difference between the Sortie 1.0 and 2.0 frames being the 2.0's beefy 142×12mm E-Thru Axle drop out.
The Knuckle Box, or bell crank, is at the core of the single-pivot four-bar suspension platform. Optimally placed pivots equate to a low leverage ratio, and ultimately to superior pedaling efficiency and small-bump compliance. This also allows the shock to work more efficiently and reduces pedal induced motion. It also reduces overall load on the system which will lead to improved shock and bearing life.
The Knucklebox full suspension technology is designed to be "low" and "tight":
- Low center of gravity: All suspension parts are positioned farther down on the frame for a stable and balanced ride.
- Low leverage suspension design: Lower air pressure results in longer shock life, less frame loading and better pedaling.
- Tight, compact linkage system of the Knuckle Box bell crank isolates and cradles the rear shock.
- Tight and large anodized aluminum hardware, matched with Force-Rated Enduro Max Bearings: Withstands higher loads and better handles oscillating motion.
Now, let's talk suspension: the Sortie Black Kashima coated Fox Float CTD Air Shock with Boost Valve rear shock with extra volume features a rebound adjust 3-position ProPedal Platform for a feeling of endless travel like that of a downhill bike, but with XC pedaling efficiency. Dial in climb, trail, or descend mode instantly. The Kashima coated Fox 32 Float CTD 29 RL 120mm travel FIT fork features rebound, low speed compression, a lever actuated lockout, butted alloy tapered 1.5 steerer, 32mm Easton aluminum stanchions, magnesium lowers, and a standard 9mm quick release drop out. Just like the rear shock, this fork can handle anything you'll see on an epic ride.
The full SRAM XX1 11-speed drivetrain and SRAM XX brakes package is as race-ready as it gets and it includes a set of Shimano XTR Hydraulic Disc Brakes with ICE technology. Crank Brothers Cobalt 3 29" UST compatible wheels, an Cobalt 3 Stem, an CB Kronolog dropper post post and Cobalt 11 carbon 720mm wide handlebars complete the Sortie Black. This leaves nothing to desire and offers pro competition level quality in the lightest weight package available on the market today.
- Sortie 29r Trail 4.5" , 6061-T6 Weapons Grade Aluminum frame, Tapered Head Tube, 142x12mm E-Thru Axle Drop out
- Fox 32 Float CTD FIT 29 Air fork, 120mm of travel, with external rebound and lock out
- Fox Float CTD Boost Valve rear shock
- Shimano XTR 2x10 10-speed drivetrain
- Easton EA90 XC wheels, UST tubeless compatible and WTB Wolverine Team XC tires
- Easton carbon EC70 and EC90 components
Diamondback Sortie Black 29er Mountain Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- GXP Sealed Outboard Bearing
- SRAM XX Hydraulic Disc , w/ 180mm frt / 160mm rear Rotors
- SRAM XG-1195 XO 11spd Cassette (10-42t)
- SRAM PC-XX1 11spd
- SRAM XX1 Carbon, 32T w/ GXP Sealed Outboard BB
- Fox 32 Float CTD adjust, F.I.T. 29 Air, 130mm travel, "FIT" cartridge, with ext. compression / rebound / lock out, butted Alloy Tapered 1.5 steerer, 32mm Easton aluminum stanchions, w/KASHIMA COAT, magnesium lowers, 15mm thru axle
- Sortie 29r Trail 125mm 6061-T6 Weapons Grade Aluminum w/ Taper Head Tube / Hydroformed Top Tube, Butted / Formed Down Tube / Seatstays, Under Arch Seatstay bridge, Knuckle Box Technology, 142x12mm E-Thru Axle Drop out
- front derailleur:
- DB4L "Lock on" 135mm Kraton
- Crank Brothers Cobalt 11 Carbon, 31.8mm, 720mm wide
- FSA No57 Taper 1.5 / 1 1/8" Alloy cups, Sealed Cartridge
- SRAM XX, w/tool-free reach adj.
- Crank Brothers Egg Beater 3
- rear derailleur:
- SRAM XX1 11spd Carbon
- rear shock:
- Fox Float CTD adjust, Boost Valve "LV" eyelet 7.875x2.00" Air w/ rebound adj, Climb, Trail, Descend lever, 3 levels of pedal platform, W/KASHIMA COAT
- WTB Silverado w/ Nicro Tube Rails
- Crank Brothers Kronolog Dropper 30.9
- SRAM XX1 11spd Trigger
- Crank Brothers Cobalt 3
- WTB Wolverine 2.2 Team XC, Dual DNA compound, Aramid bead, Folding
- Crank Brothers Cobalt-3, 29" Clincher - UST , 15QR Alloy Sealed Cartridge Bearing Disc , 42x12 thru axle, Alloy Sealed Cartridge Bearing Disc, SRAM 11spd Compatable, w/ Shimano E-thru QR Axle