SPECIAL OFFERTOTALLY FREE SHIPPING and ASSEMBLY When Shipped To Store See details
Diamondback Sortie 3.0 29er Mountain Bike - 2014The evolution of the 29er has been both fast and furious. Technology and suspension design have evolved relentlessly over the past five years and you can see the real benefits when you look at a bike like the 2014 Diamondback Sortie 3.0 29er mountain bike. Race-ready components and flawless Fox suspension leverage the benefits inherent in a 29" wheeled platform.
The Sortie 3.0 is designed around their 6061-T6 Weapons Grade Aluminum frame, which features a hydroformed top tube, a butted and formed downtube, a seat stay bridge, tapered headtube and Diamondback's legendary Knuckle Box Suspension technology. The biggest difference between the Sortie 1.0 and 2.0 frames being the 2.0's beefy 142×12mm E-Thru Axle drop out.
The Knuckle Box, or bell crank, is at the core of the single-pivot four-bar suspension platform. Optimally placed pivots equate to a low leverage ratio, and ultimately to superior pedaling efficiency and small-bump compliance. This also allows the shock to work more efficiently and reduces pedal induced motion. It also reduces overall load on the system which will lead to improved shock and bearing life.
The Knucklebox full suspension technology is designed to be "low" and "tight":
- Low center of gravity: All suspension parts are positioned farther down on the frame for a stable and balanced ride.
- Low leverage suspension design: Lower air pressure results in longer shock life, less frame loading and better pedaling.
- Tight, compact linkage system of the Knuckle Box bell crank isolates and cradles the rear shock.
- Tight and large anodized aluminum hardware, matched with Force-Rated Enduro Max Bearings: Withstands higher loads and better handles oscillating motion.
Now, let's talk suspension: the Sortie 3.0 Fox Float CTD Air Shock with Boost Valve rear shock with extra volume features a rebound adjust 3-position ProPedal Platform for a feeling of endless travel like that of a downhill bike, but with XC pedaling efficiency. Dial in climb, trail, or descend mode instantly. The Fox 32 Float CTD 29 RL 120mm travel air fork features rebound, a lever actuated lockout, butted alloy tapered 1.5 steerer, 32mm Easton aluminum stanchions, magnesium lowers, and a standard 9mm quick release drop out. Just like the rear shock, this fork can handle anything you'll see on an epic ride.
A Shimano component package features a Shimano XT 2x10 10-speed Crankset, a XT Rapidfire shifters, front derailleur and SGS Shadow Plus rear derailleur. WTB Laser Disc Trail Doublewall rims laced to sealed cartridge bearing hubs (15mm front/142×12 rear) handle gnarly obstacles. A set of Shimano XT Hydraulic disc brakes with 180mm front / 160mm rear rotors provides ample stopping power. An Easton EA70 cockpit, seat post and WTB VIGO comp saddle provide a comfortable and stable riding experience.
- Sortie 29r Trail 4.5" , 6061-T6 Weapons Grade Aluminum frame, Tapered Head Tube, 142x12mm E-Thru Axle Drop out
- Fox 32 Float CTD FIT 29 Air fork, 120mm of travel, with external rebound and lock out
- Fox Float CTD Boost Valve rear shock
- Shimano XT 2x10 10-speed drivetrain and XT brakes
- WTB Laser Disc 29er Doublewall wheels and WTB Wolverine 2.2 Comp tires
- Easton EA70 components
Diamondback Sortie 3.0 29er Mountain Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Shimano outboard bearing BB
- Shimano XT Hydraulic Disc w/ XT ICE 6-bolt, 180mm frt / 160mm rear Rotors
- Shimano M771 XT 10spd Cassette (11-36t)
- Shimano HG74 10spd
- Shimano FCM780 XT, Dyna-Sys 10spd Crankset w/Shimano outboard bearing BB w/ replacable rings 24/38t
- Fox 32 Float CTD F.I.T. 29 Air, 120mm travel, "FIT" cartridge, with ext. compression / rebound / lock out, butted Alloy Tapered 1.5 steerer, 32mm Easton aluminum stanchions, magnesium lowers, QR15mm thru axle
- Sortie 29r Trail 4.5" 6061-T6 Weapons Grade Aluminum w/ Taper Head Tube / Hydroformed Top Tube, Butted / Formed Down Tube / Seatstays, Under Arch Seatstay bridge, Knuckle Box Technology, 142x12mm E-Thru Axle Drop out
- front derailleur:
- Shimano XT High Direct Mount 3x10
- DB4L "Lock on" 135mm Kraton
- Easton EA70 LowRise 31.8mm
- FSA No57 Taper 1.5 / 1 1/8" Alloy cups, Sealed Cartridge
- Shimano XT, w/tool-free reach adj. free stroke adj.
- Shimano 520 Clipless
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano XT SGS Shawdow Plus, 10spd
- rear shock:
- Fox Float CTD adjust, Boost Valve "LV" eyelet 190x51mm Air w/ rebound adj, Climb, Trail, Descend lever, 3 levels of pedal platform
- WTB VIGO comp
- Easton EA70 Double bolt clamp 31.6mm
- Shimano XT 10spd Rapidfire
- Easton EA70 31.8mm
- WTB Wolverine 2.2 Comp, Folding
- 32h WTB Laser Disc Trail w/single eyelets, 15mmTA, 12x142 rear axle