SPECIAL OFFERTotally Free Shipping and Assembly When Shipped To Store See details
Diamondback Cobra 24" Kid's Bike - 2014When your child outgrows his 20" bike, it's difficult to know the next appropriate step for good cycling growth. The Diamondback Cobra 24 has an ultra durable hi-tensile steel 24" mountain bike frame and Zoom suspension forks with 40mm of travel--so whether your child is taking the local sidewalks to school, or decides to take a fully off-road shortcut over the river and through the woods, he'll be able to handle it with ease. The 40mm suspension fork absorbs obstacles like roots, small rocks, and curbs, allowing the rider to venture into more challenging terrain and develop as a rider. Plus, having an all-terrain bike is just plain more fun.
The Cobra 24 features a 21-speed Shimano drivetrain. That means that some of the best derailleur engineers on earth are helping your child master hill climbing, accelerating, and riding at race-winning top speeds. Grip shifters are highly conducive to getting younger riders used to the concept of shifting for efficiency and ease of riding, and with all these gearing options, the fun keeps coming.
Safety is key for young riders. That's why Diamondback chose things like alloy linear pull brakes which have amazing stopping power, and are extremely reliable. For further safety, the crank has a chainguard to avoid cuffs or shoelaces getting stuck in the chain and causing a fall, and the Jr. ATB tires have high lateral knobs to dig into any neighborhood surface. Riser bars give your child that little extra uprightness so his field of vision is a full 360; and resin mountain bike pedals have knobs that grip shoes and maintain control.
While the Cobra 24 has all the benefits of a no-kidding mountain bike, it is an excellent choice for casual riding, neighborhood races, trail riding, or a trip to the park or greenway.
- Hi-tensile steel frame and suspension fork are comfortable, durable, and ideal for riding versatility
- Alloy V-brakes are the ultimate in simple and reliable
- 24" wheels make the Cobra a safe, low center of balance mountain bike for smaller, younger riders
- Riser bars are easy driving, upright, and enhance all-around comfort and visibility
- Tires have high lateral knobs for cornering safely, and flat knobs on the spine for high speeds and acceleration
- Grip shifters are perfect for teaching young riders the concept of efficient gearing and shifting
Diamondback Cobra 24" Kid's Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Loose ball
- Alloy Linear Pull
- Shimano 7-Spd, 14-28t
- MTB Steel arms w/ chainguard 24/34/42t
- Zoom Suspension, 40mm Travel
- Steel Jr 24" Mountain Frame
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Triple
- Soft PVC
- Steel Jr Riser
- Threaded 1"
- Alloy Linear Pull
- Resin MTB, 9/16"
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano TZ-40
- rear shock:
- JR ATB 2-panel
- Steel Pillar 27.2mm
- SunRace 7-speed Twist Grip
- standover height:
- Steel Quill
- Jr ATB Knobby, 24x2.1 w/ Smooth Center Ridge
- Alloy 36 Hole
You May Also Like
- Diamondback Lustre 20" Kid's Bike - 2014 Our Price: $260.00 SALE: $259.00
- Diamondback Octane 24" Kid's Mountain Bike - 2015 Our Price: $300.00 SALE: $299.99
- Performance Holeshot 24" Kid's Bike - 2014 Suspension Our Price: $329.99 SALE: $239.00