SPECIAL OFFERTOTALLY FREE SHIPPING and ASSEMBLY When Shipped To Store See details
Breezer Thunder Team 29er Mountain Bike - 2014
Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
Dressed for success in tuxedo white and black, the Breezer Thunder Team 29er mountain bike is ready for the main event. Breezer's snappy aluminum frame, Shimano XT / SLX 2x10 drivetrain, WTB tubeless ready wheels and Rock Shox Reba 29 RL fork brings lights-out performance and agile handling to a singletrack near you.
The Thunder 29er series, Breezer's elite level of race-caliber hardtails, feature Breezer's 6066 aluminum D'Fusion hydroformed tubing, a BB92 Press-Fit bottom bracket shell, asymmetrical chain stays and a tapered head tube. While many XC bikes utilize a tapered head tube and an oversized BB92 bottom bracket like the Thunder, the Joe Breeze D'Fusion shaped aluminum tubes that makeup the frame are the key to unlocking both trail speed and power. The unique D-shaped profile on the top and down tubes, near the head tube intersection and at the top tube/seat tube intersection, strengthens the design. Significant stress travels through these joints and D'Fusion tubing's broader cross-section diffuses that load over a wider area, reducing the risk of fatigue. In the rear triangle, D-Fusion adds rigidity to the chainstays through a wider cross-section, while positioning the broader area outboard to reduce chain suck. D'Fusion tubing eliminates ride-deadening and lets the tubing do the lightweight power transferring it was designed to do. Additionally, the Apex disc mount places the rear brake caliper on the chainstay instead of the seatstay. The increased diameter of the chainstay provides a huge increase in torsional stiffness over the smaller seatstay. Not only is braking performance increased and trail chatter decreased, but the brake is also safely protected, instead of dangling by the seatstay.
The Rock Shox Reba RL 29er fork features 100mm of travel and a PushLoc remote. The tool-free Rock Shox Maxle Lite brings exceptional stiffness and durability to your ride, in the lightest, easiest-to-use 15x100 thru axle system. The Reba RL Motion Control feature chews up climbs with incredible efficiency, while the patented lockout blow-off valve and threshold control immediately absorb any bumps along the way. It's an elegant design in a simple and lightweight package. Just push the handlebar remote and your fork is instantly locked out for the climb or road ride ahead.
The Thunder Team is built with Shimano XT and SLX components. The 38/24T Shimano XT 2x10 crankset is race optimized and features a lighter weight, thanks to the Hollowtech II design. The SLX I-spec shift levers, which shave weight by unifying the shifter and brake band clamps for clean, uncluttered cockpit setup, are of course matched to a set of SLX hydraulic disc brakes with 180/160mm rotors. The Shadow construction of the XT rear derailleur avoids trail snagging and keeps shifting performance consistent.
The Team is finished off with a host of WTB and Oval Concepts components. Most notably, the WTB Frequency Race TCS i19 tubeless ready wheels and WTB Nano Race tires simply rip the trail to shreds. The set is the perfect balance of speed and durability. Frequency Race rims, like most WTB wheels, are stiff, strong and light, and are the proverbial feather in the cap of a remarkable cross country mountain bike design.
- Breezer D'Fusion Hydroformed Custom-Butted 6066 Aluminum frame with a Tapered Head Tube and a BB92 Press-Fit Bottom Bracket
- Rock Shox Reba 29 RL fork with PushLoc remote, 100mm of travel and a 15mm thru-axle design
- Shimano XT / SLX 2x10 drivetrain with a 38/24 XT crankset and Shadow Design XT rear derailleur
- Shimano SLX hydraulic brakes with 180/160 rotors
- Oval Concepts aluminum handlebar, stem and seatpost
- WTB Frequency Race TCS i19 29" wheels and WTB Nano Race tires are tubeless ready
Breezer Thunder Team 29er Mountain Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Shimano BB92 Press-Fit Bearing System
- Shimano SLX Hydraulic Disc Brake, 180mm Front, 160mm Rear
- Shimano HG-62 10-Speed, 11-36T
- KMC X10
- Shimano Deore XT 10-Speed, Hollowtech II, 38-24T
- Rock Shox Reba 29 RL, 1.5" Taper Steerer, 15mm MAxle, PushLoc Remote, 100mm Travel
- Main Frame: Breezer D'Fusion Hydroformed Custom-Butted 6066 Aluminum, Tapered Head Tube, BB92 Press-Fit Bottom Bracket; Rear Triangle: Breezer D'Fusion Asymmetrical Chainstays, Breeze-In Dropouts, Apex Disc Mount
- front derailleur:
- Shimano SLX 10-Speed, 34.9mm
- Oval Concepts 600 Locking Grips
- Oval Concepts 650, 7050 Aluminum, 31.8, 710mm Wide, +/- 5mm Rise, 9° Sweep
- FSA Orbit 1 1/8"-1 1/2", Fully Integrated, 36° ACB-Sealed, 7.8mm Aluminum Top Cover
- Shimano SLX Hydraulic Disc Brake
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Deore XT 10-Speed, SGS, Shadow Plus Design
- rear shock:
- WTB Volt, Chromoly Rail
- Oval Concepts 750, 3D-Forged 7050 Aluminum, 27.2mm
- Shimano SLX 20-Speed, I-Spec
- Oval Concepts 713, 3D-Forged 7050 Aluminum, 31.8, 6°/84°
- WTB Nano 29 x 2.1" Race
- Shimano Deore XT 15mm Thru-Axle 32H 6-bolt Front / Shimano Deore XT 32H 6-bolt Rear, WTB Frequency Race i19 TCS 29" Rims (Tubeless-Ready)
You May Also Like
- GT Sensor 9R 1.0 29er Mountain Bike - 2014 Performance Exclusive Our Price: $2,699.99 SALE: $1,899.00