SPECIAL OFFERTOTALLY FREE SHIPPING and ASSEMBLY When Shipped To Store See details
Diamondback Axis Sport 27.5" Mountain Bike - 2014For 2014, Diamondback introduces a hardtail that settles a long-standing debate in mountain bike circles: 26 or 29? For the last 10 years, mountain biking enthusiasts have been seeking a way to get more out of their bikes without having to invest in major advances in suspension. There had to be a simple solution to the 26 inch wheel problem. When 29 inch wheels came around, everyone started to get excited. Thanks to advances in frame design and disc brakes, there was no reason to stick to one wheel size. People soon came to realize that 29 inch wheels were heavy however and that they took a lot more energy to spin up. Enter 27.5". Finding that happy medium was easier than anyone would have though. Just split the difference. With 27.5" wheels, you will find the quick acceleration that 29ers just can't match with traction and rolling benefits that 26" wheels only dream of. Enter the Diamondback Axis Sport.
To gain the benefits of the latest in wheel size advances, there is no reason that you have to spring for a bike that costs as much as your car. Instead, take a look at the Diamondback Axis. It starts with a butted 6061 aluminum frame to strike a balance between light weight and durability. That is matched by an SR Suntour XCR-LO fork with 100mm of travel and a lockout. This bike is ready to ride to the trails, tackle the gnarliest lines, and then keep you feeling fresh enough to ride home afterwards.
Tektro's HDC-330 hydraulic disc brakes give you plenty of stopping power and varying size disc rotors promise a balance between power and weight. The Sram X.4 8-speed drivetrain will provide more gearing options than you will ever use and the Schwalbe Rapid Knob 2.26" wide 27.5 tires will grab the trail and never let go.
This solid and reliable mountain bike combines proven drivetrain technology with the latest advances in wheel sizes and geometry. The Axis Sport will take you wherever you want to go and leaving you wanting more after every ride.
- Axis 27.5" Butted 6061-T6 Aluminum Frame
- SR Suntour XCR-LO 27.5 fork with 100mm travel and Speed lock
- Custom 27.5" Diamondback SL-7 Doublewall Wheelset
- Shimano 8 speed drivetrain with Rapidfire shifters
- Tektro Hydraulic Disc Brakes
Diamondback Axis Sport 27.5" Mountain Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Sealed Cartridge
- Tektro HDC-330 Hydraulic Disc w/180mm frt / 160mm rear rotors
- SRAM PG-820 8spd Cassette (11-32t)
- KMC Z82
- SRAM S600 for 8spd, 44/32/22t
- SR Suntour XCR-LO 27.5 100mm travel, 30mm stanchions, Speed Lock, Magnesium Lower, Alloy Crown
- Axis 27" Butted 6061-T6 Aluminum w/ Formed Top / Down Tube, machined headtube, forged drop outs w/replaceable hanger, disc only
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Acera dual pull, top swing 34.9
- DB4L 135mm Kraton
- DB 31.8mm "No Rise" Flat Bar
- Integrated FSA Drop-in ACB upper, Zero Stack lower internal cup and cartridge bearing, 1 1/8"
- Tektro Hydraulic
- Wellgo Alloy forged, CNC MTB
- rear derailleur:
- SRAM X-4 for 8spd
- rear shock:
- DB Race saddle
- DB Micro Adjust 30.9mm
- SRAM X-4 8spd trigger
- DB 3D Forged 7° 31.8mm
- Schwalbe Rapid Rob Kevlarguard, Wire Bead, 27.5X2.26
- 32h Diamondback SL-7 Doublewall
You May Also Like
- Diamondback Apex Elite Mountain Bike - 2015 Performance Exclusive Our Price: $899.99 SALE: $749.99
- 2014 Diamondback Axis Comp 27.5" Mountain Bike Our Price: $999.99 SALE: $899.99
- Fuji Nevada 1.3 29er Mountain Bike - 2014 Our Price: $789.99 SALE: $669.99