SPECIAL OFFERTotally Free Shipping and Assembly When Shipped To Store See details
GT Karakoram Hans Rey 29er Mountain Bike - 2014This extremely limited edition Hans Rey Karakoram is spec'd with excellent components and a custom paint job. Hans Rey's famed insight lifts this 29er hardtail above all others and it's sure to deliver an outstanding overall ride quality.
The hydroformed triple triangle aluminum frame has transcended its role as just another tech story and is identified industry wide as an icon of GT. The triple triangle specifically stiffens the rear triangle which creates a faster, more responsive ride that can keep you moving forward even while taking a beating from the trail.
The Rock Shox XC28 TK fork has a cross country friendly 100mm of travel. It's hydraulically damped, with magnesium lowers and chrome steel uppers. It feaures a handy turn key lockout for long climbs and a rebound adjust for going gets rough.
A Shimano 24-speed drive train gives you plenty of versatility and the Deore XT Shadow rear derailleur is proven to supply exquiste shifts every time. Alivio Rapid-Fire shifters respond well in and out of tight singletrack. Shimano BR-M395 hydraulic brakes with 160mm rotors provide firm stopping power even in less than ideal weather conditions.
Burly Kenda Honey Badger tires are fitted to Jalco double-wall rims for maximum grab, dig, and go. However, the 2.2 width is narrow enough to cut down on unwanted rolling resistance.
Crank Brothers Cobalt series components were chosen by Hans because they offer the greatest balance of low weight to durability. The Cobalt 1 riser has a 15mm rise and a 700mm width in order to navigate tree-crowded single track effectively.
The 2014 GT Karakoram Hans Rey Limited Edition mountain bike is superb and features top notch Shimano and Crank Brothers components. Only a limited number are available worldwide.
- Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
- Hans Rey limited edition design
- 29er triple triangle design is exceptional at mowing down obstacles
- Hydraulic disc brakes
- 27-speed drivetrain to get you through any terrain
- 100mm front fork with lockout capability
GT Karakoram Hans Rey 29er Mountain Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Tange Sealed
- Shimano BR-M395, Hydraulic Disc, w/160mm Rotor F/R
- Shimano CS-HG30-9, 11-34T, 9-Speed
- KMC X9 SL Ti
- Shimano Alivio FC-M430, 44/32/22T
- Rock Shox XC28 TK Mg w/100mm Travel, 29", Hydraulically Damped, Magnesium Lowers, 28mm Chrome Steel Uppers, Forged Crown, Post Mount Disc Brake, Turn Key Lock Out, Rebound Adjust, QR
- 29" Hydroformed and Butted Speed Metal Aluminum (TT/DT) Frame, w/Triple Triangle, Replaceable Derailleur Hanger, Disc Brake Mounts, and Zerostack 1 1/8" Head Tube
- front derailleur:
- not listed
- GT Statement
- Crankbrothers Cobalt 1 Riser, 700mm Width, 15mm Rise, 31.8mm Clamp
- FSA No.10 1 1/8" Threadless, Zerostack
- Shimano BL-M395 Hydraulic
- GT Slim Line Flat Pedal, Cast Alloy
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Deore XT Shadow, RD-M772-SGS
- rear shock:
- All Terra Hans Rey Edition
- Crankbrothers Cobalt 1, 30.9mm x 400mm
- Shimano Alivio, Sl-M430, Rapid Fire
- Crankbrothers Cobalt 1 1/8" Threadless, 70mm x 6-degree; Rise, 31.8mm Clamp
- Kenda Honey Badger, 60TPI, 29 x 2.2" F/R
- Jalco XCD22, Double Wall, 32H 29"