SPECIAL OFFERTotally Free Shipping and Assembly When Shipped To Store See details
Fuji SLM 29 2.3 29er Mountain Bike - 2014The Fuji SLM 29 2.3 D mountain bike is built around Fuji's proprietary lightweight C10 carbon fiber frame, a trail-savvy Shimano Deore/XT 2x10 drivetrain, a Manitou Marvel 29 Comp fork and top notch XC wheels and tires. This is the perfect weekend slayer or cross country bike for epic rides.
Lightweight high-performance and durability are a balancing act. Move too much in either direction and you'll compromise the ride quality. However, when Fuji selected their proprietary C10 high modulus carbon for the SLM, they killed those two birds with one stone. The frame is manufactured with a bladder-style mold, which allows Fuji to use their premium and lightweight carbon material to maximize the SLM's strength to weight ratio. Fuji chose wishbone shaped chainstays for a more forgiving, yet responsive rear triangle ride quality. The SLM's tapered head tube adds stiffness, especially under rider torque, while improving the front-end handling of the bike by making it more predictable with every turn of the bars. The cumulative result of Fuji's design choices is an incredibly well-balanced and race-ready frame.
A hardtail is vastly improved when it is matched with a fork like the Manitou Marvel 29 Comp. The Manitou features 100mm of travel, a tapered steerer and a MILO remote for locking the fork during climbs. The 15mm thru-axle beefs up the front end while the skewer makes wheel changes as easy as can be.
The SLM 29 2.3 D features a custom mix of Shimano Deore and Deore XT drivetrain components. The Deore shifters utilize Rapid Fire technology to deliver precise shifts to the Deore XT Shadow rear derailleur. The Shadow design keeps the rear derailleur away from trail debris and out of harm's way. Hayes Prime Sport hydraulic disc brakes supply enormous stopping power in tight situations and a 180/160 rotor mix allows for greater force up front.
The static handlebar, stem and seatpost components are brought to you by Oval Concepts. Oval has specialized in high-end parts and wheels for many years. While all three components are lightweight aluminum, Fuji paid close attention to the details required to execute a great cross country race machine. The Oval 313 stem has a slight 6 degree rise, while the 710mm wide M250 riser handlebar has a 5mm rise and features a 9 degree sweep. This combination puts your body in a position for better handling and more control over obstacles.
The SLM 29 features a great pair of wheels. Sun Inferno 25 29" rims are laced with Formula hubs. The Inferno/Formula combinations are outfitted with Schwalbe Rapid Rob 29x2.25 tires. These are the old Racing Ralph's tread given a fresh new look. The Rapid Robs are the perfect everyman tire. They provide supreme traction while keeping the rolling resistance low.
- C10 super-light high-modulus carbon with internal shift cable routing, shaped oversized ride-tuned down tube and a tapered 1 1/8" - 1.5" head tube
- Manitou Marvel 29 Comp TS air fork with tapered alloy steerer, lockout, 15mm Thru, 100mm travel, MILO remote
- Shimano Deore/XT 2x10 drivetrain, plus Hayes Prime Sport hydraulic disc brakes
- Sun Inferno 25 rims laced to Formula sealed bearing hubs
- Schwalbe Rapid Rob tires offer great balance and water-shedding traction
Fuji SLM 29 2.3 29er Mountain Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Shimano sealed cartridge
- Hayes Prime Sport, hydraulic disc, 180/160mm rotor
- Shimano Deore HG62, 11-36T, 10-speed
- KMC X10, 10-speed
- Shimano Deore, M615 hollow Tech II w/ integrated spindle, 38/24T
- Manitou Marvel 29 Comp TS air w/ tapered alloy steerer, lockout, 15mm Thru, 100mm travel, MILO remote
- C10 super-light high-modulus carbon w/ internal shift cable routing, shaped oversized ride-tuned down tube, PF30 bottom bracket, tapered 1 1/8" - 1.5" head tube
- front derailleur:
- Shimano M616D, direct-mount
- Oval dual-density Kraton, lock-on
- Oval M250, alloy riser bar, 9° sweep, 31.8mm diameter, 710mm wide, +/- 5mm rise
- FSA 1 1/8" - 1.5", sealed cartridge bearings
- Hayes Prime Sport hydraulic
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Deore XT, M781 SGS Shadow top normal, 10-speed
- rear shock:
- Oval M200 w/ steel rails
- Oval M300, alloy double-bolt micro-adjust, 31.6mm x 350mm
- Shimano Deore, M610 Rapid Fire, 20/30-speed
- Oval M313, 3D-forged alloy, 31.8mm clamp diameter, 6° rise
- Schwable Rapid Rob 26" x 2.25" folding, 50 tpi
- Formula DC-71 sealed bearing front / DHT-142 rear, 32H disc hubs, Sun Inferno 25 rims
You May Also Like
- GT Zaskar Expert 27.5" Mountain Bike - 2015 Our Price: $2,300.00 SALE: $2,299.99