SPECIAL OFFERTotally Free Shipping and Assembly When Shipped To Store See details
Fuji Transonic 1.3 Road Bike - 2015An evolution in speed. Unmatched performance.
New for the 2015 season Fuji is unleashing a revolution in speed. The all-new Fuji Transonic Road Bike is the result of years of aerodynamic research and engineering. Fuji was one of the first companies to go "aero" with their beloved SST model. They've evolved the concept further, taking lessons learned from the development of their other super bikes, the Norcom Straight and Track Elite, plus input from their pro riders on the Net-App Endura pro team.
The Fuji Transonic frame has been design to help you cut through the wind. Fuji's engineers spent several years wind-tunnel testing and FEA-modeling the Transonic frame to achieve the right shape to help you gain an advantage on your competitors. They found that while aerofoil shapes may be aerodynamically efficient, they compromise the rigidity of the frame. They also don't perform as well in a cross-wind, and can compromise your control of the bike To solve this problem, Fuji uses a wide cross-section tube shape made from C10 high modulus carbon fiber that cuts through the wind but increases stiffness, and increases your control of the bike at speed.
They also borrowed some of the most successful wind-cheating elements of their hyper-fast Track Elite and Norcom Straight TT models. An aerodynamically contoured head tube-fork-downtube junction blends the frame areas together to ensure smooth, uninterrupted airflow over the front of the bike and across the downtube. The seat tube-seatstay junction is sculpted to reduce turbulent air exiting the seat tube -- in the Transonic's case, contoured around the rear brake to shield it from the wind. An aero seat post with an integrated seat clamp that produces cleaner airflow, plus a roughened surface on the front of the seat post to ensure the post doesn't slip. The seat tube is also contoured around the rear wheel to minimize drag.
Aerodynamics is nothing without superior components. The Fuji Transonic 1.3 is built with Shimano's revolutionary Dura-Ace 9000 11-speed mechanical groupset. Featuring enhanced ergonomics, improved shifting, a best-in-the-business front derailleur, and the game-changing 4-arm crank, Dura-Ace 9000 takes performance to a whole new level.
The rest of the bike is built to be race ready. Oval Concepts R910SL carbon bars, Oval 713 lightweight stem, aerodynamic Transonic seatpost, and a pair of super aerodynamic and ultra-lightweight Oval Concepts 950F carbon clinchers wrapped up in Vittoria Rubino Pro slick tires. Shimano provides direct mount bakes that hide from the wind.
If you're looking for a bike that truly delivers the ultimate in performance in any terrain, from flatland sprints to high mountain passes, the Fuji Transonic is the bike for you.
- Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
- Wide cross-section frame tube shapes for aerodynamic drag reduction, increased rigidity, and unparalleled control
- Integrated chain watcher to ensure smooth shifts without the risk of dropping the chain to the inside of the crank
- Designed with the future in mind, the frame features electronic/mechanical internal cable routing and accommodates wide-rim profile wheels and up to 28mm tires
- Direct-mount front and rear brakes remove the excess material of a carrier plate -- allowing for better frame integration and improved aerodynamics
- Shimano Dura-Ace 11-speed shifting for the ultimate, pro-level performance
Fuji Transonic 1.3 Road Bike - 2015
- bottom bracket:
- Praxis conversion bottom bracket
- Shimano Dura Ace 9010 direct mount
- Shimano Dura Ace 9000, 11-25T, 11-speed
- Shimano Dura Ace 9000, 11-speed
- Shimano Dura Ace 9000, 52/36T
- FC-330 carbon monocoque w/ tapered carbon steerer
- C10 ultra high-modulus carbon, integrated head tube w/ 1 1/2" lower, press fit BB30, double water bottle mounts
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Dura Ace 9000, braze-on mount
- Oval Concepts 300, padded suede
- Oval Concepts R910, carbon, 31.8mm
- FSA, 1 1/8" upper - 1 1/2" lower, integrated w/ carbon top cover
- Shimano Dura Ace, STI 9000
- rack mounts:
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Dura Ace 9000, 11-speed
- Oval Concepts R700 w/ chromoly-Ti hollow rails
- Transonic aero carbon, 300mm (46-52cm), 350mm (54-61cm)
- Shimano Dura Ace 9000, STI, 11-speed
- Oval Concepts 713, 3D-forged 7050 alloy, 31.8mm, +/- 6°
- Vittoria Rubino Pro Slick, 700 x 23, 150 tpi, folding
- Oval 950F carbon / alloy clincher, 18 / 24h