Fuji Norcom Straight 1.1 Triathlon Road Bike - 2016
Save $2,021.00 (27%) $5,349.00 MSRP $7,370.00
The Norcom Straight's C10 carbon frame and FC-330 carbon fork technology represent an amazing jump in stiffness, steering response, and of course, aerodynamics. Norcom was engineered largely in the legendary A2 Wind Tunnel facility in North Carolina, where designers were able to significantly reduce the drag on every yaw angle on the frame and fork, and incorporate the most developed shaping techniques in the industry. The result is an ultra-light, ultra stiff full monocoque carbon frame with race-friendly adjustable vertical dropouts.
Norcom Straight's designers placed the rear brake cavity directly behind the bottom bracket (as opposed to being on the seat tube in previous bikes), and opted to go with a BB86 bottom bracket which moves the bearings outward on the crank axle, dramatically improving the stiffness of both the frame -- through a greater cross-sectional width at the BB shell -- and the crank itself. The result was a surprising 26% increase in stiffness in the BB area, which to a triathlon or time trial rider equals faster times.
Using Fuji's newest carbon fiber tubing marvel, Reinforced I-beam (RIB) Technology, designers were able to optimize Norcom's downtube and fork blade stiffness, and couple it with a beefed up 1 1/8" head tube achieving an overall front-end stiffness increase of 20% that was reported by pro riders to deliver "crisp and predictable steering" like no other bike had ever offered.
Given the knowledge that aerodynamics are also critical for the rider, Fuji paid specific attention to the adjustability of the rider's position on the Norcom Straight. As input from their top-level riders indicated, an aero bike is an absolute necessity, but a bike must have the versatility to get any rider into an optimized aero position while still maintaining a position in which the rider can run for extended periods of time comfortably and efficiently--designers and athletes agree that this is among the greatest feats achieved on the Norcom Straight project, producing a bike that any rider can race on and reap its greatest benefits.
Nothing on the Norcom 1.1's parts roster is left to chance--the components list is top-to-bottom state-of-the-art, pro-level gear. The drivetrain is Shimano's top offering, Dura-Ace DI2 9070--electronic shifting that is so finely tuned and perfectly responsive as to provide seamless adjustments in gearing, at the rider's command, with zero interruptions in the watts going to the rear wheel.
The Norcom Straight's own TRP aero TTV brakes provide outstanding stopping power and modulation, modulation being a critical asset to time trial/triathlon riders. TRP aero TTV brake modulation responds to the rider's subtle pressure at the levers, affording the rider cornering and descent control that shave the seconds that can literally mean the difference between a win and a loss.
Oval Concepts delivers the ultimate in aerodynamics, light weight, and rider adjustability with adjustable carbon aero bars, multi-position carbon seat post, carbon railed saddle, all riding on a pair of Oval 980 full carbon clincher wheels which boast 80mm of dish depth for excellent overall power transfer and unparalleled wind cutting.
From tire to top tube, the Norcom Straight 1.1 is Fuji's answer to pro-level time trial/triathlon racing. No detail has been left unaddressed, and every attribute, angle, and component points you directly at the podium.
- Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
- Full Monocoque C10 Carbon fiber RIB technology frame with integrated head tube, seat clamp, and adjustable rear dropouts is ultra stiff, responsive, light, and aero
- Straight 1 1/8" head tube creates seamless interface with fork increasing aerodynamics, stiffness, and steering response
- FC-330 full carbon fork with carbon steerer delivers crisp, instantaneous steering response
- nFull Dura-Ace DI2 9070 drivetrain is at the cutting edge of industry's race-level shifting technology
- TRP aero TTV brakes deliver modulation response directly from your finger to the wheels to eliminate over-braking while also providing full stopping power
- Oval Concepts 980 full carbon aero wheels reduce drag and deliver excellent power transfer
- Adjustable carbon seat post, bars, and seat create rider-focused fit for optimized comfort and power delivery on sprints or long rides