2013 Charge Filter SRAM Apex Cyclocross BikeThe Charge Filter with Apex is a great match for road riding, commuting, or as a dedicated cyclocross bike. It's capable of so many things all at once thanks to the United Kingdom headquartered Charge Bikes versatile design. They selected Tange Infinity steel for the frame; no ordinary steel. It has forgiving, shock absorbing properties without compromising on weight, strength, and overall responsiveness and stiffness.
Charge adjusted the geometry to be commuter friendly and suitable for fenders and racks. A more upright, confident position gives you greater visibility of the road and surer handling. Unlike a brake pad that engages the rim directly, disc brakes grant greater stopping power, especially in poor weather conditions, and prolong the overall life of the wheels, by braking on a rotor independent of the wheel.
While you can commute on the Charge Filter with Apex, make no mistake, this bike is race ready. It has heaps of mud clearance and top tube mounted cables for portaging over obstacles, or if you're just plain stuck in the mud. The Tange Prestige tubing is light and responsive; perfect for managing through tight turns or over rocks and roots.
SRAM Apex provides its well known wide gear range. An 11/28 cassette ratio was chosen to handle anything from a steep descent to an all-out, leg-busting slog of a climb. The DoubleTap levers supply smooth up and down shifts in only one motion along with an independent reach adjust. The ergonomic hoods are intuitively shaped, comfortable and the autonomously dedicated brake levers, coupled with the Avid BB7 disc brakes to 160mm rotors, provide excellent stopping power.
The multi-award winning Charge Spoon saddle is a perfect match for the Filter because of its XC/Enduro design. While it is low on weight, the real benefit is in the supportive shape and pressure relief channel.
Any way you slice it, the Charge Filter with SRAM Apex is a light weight, hi-tech machine that can be quickly adapted to on road or off road use.
- SRAM Apex 10-speed drive train
- Avid BB5 Cabled Disc Brakes
- Fully sealed cross disc hubs
- Compact Shield Lite drop bar
- Includes Crank Bros. Eggbeater 1 pedals
2013 Charge Filter SRAM Apex Cyclocross Bike
- bottom bracket:
- Truvativ GXP Outboard
- Avid BB5 Road, 160mm rotors, cabled
- SRAM PG 1050, 11-28T
- YBN S10 CR
- SRAM Apex 46/38T
- Tange cromoly, cyclocross disc
- Tange Infinity, Seamless, double butted cromoly
- front derailleur:
- SRAM Apex
- Charge U-Bend
- Shield Lite Compact Bar
- FSA Orbit MX, SB
- SRAM Apex
- Crank Bros. Eggbeater 1
- rack mounts:
- rear derailleur:
- SRAM Apex, Max 32T, 10-speed
- Charge Spoon
- Shield 3D Lite, 31.8mm
- SRAM Apex
- Shield Lite 31.8mm
- Kenda Small Block 8, 700x32
- Alex XD-Lite Disc Rims, Shield Disc hubs
You May Also Like
- 2013 Fuji Cross 1.3 Cyclocross Bike - Performance Exclusive Our Price: $1,699.99 SALE: $1,499.99
- 2013 Fuji Altamira CX 1.3 Cyclocross Bike Our Price: $2,829.99 SALE: $2,829.98
- 2013 Fuji Altamira CX 2.1 Cyclocross Bike Our Price: $2,099.99 SALE: $2,099.98