SPECIAL OFFERTotally Free Shipping and Assembly When Shipped To Store See details
Charge Zester City Road Bike - 2013The United Kingdom's Charge is all about classic style with a modern twist. The 2013 Charge Zester is a bit of a departure for them: it's modern style for modern needs. The Zester is a rolling blackout; a glossy black finish and top-notch black components from great brands make this stealthy flat bar road bike cool to view and fun to ride.
At the heart of the Zester you'll find an alloy 6061 double butted frame and aggressive straight bladed fork. 6061 contains both magnesium and silicone and is widely used for its easy handling and welding ability. The tubes are manipulated for the best balance of light weight and durable strength possible. The compact frame geometry of the Charge Zester places the rider in a comfortable, upright position to achieve a better field of vision and increase handling confidence.
Thanks to the component package, this bike is highly efficient and incredibly versatile. SRAM Apex, commonly used on traditional drop bar road bikes and increasingly often on cyclocross bikes, provides power to the Zester. SRAM Apex derailleurs and SRAM flat bar 10-speed shifters supply shifting confidence. The Apex rear derailleur features Exact Actuation and a wide gear range to handle the 11/32 cassette ratio. Exact Actuation helps to simplify and stabilize the uneasy act of balancing rear derailleur hanger design, tight cog spacing and exact cable tension. It means precise, even gear changes throughout the shifting range. An FSA Vero compact crankset gives you a myriad of choices for spinning over hills without sacrificing the fun of sailing back down the other side.
Going fast is a thrill, but you need to feel confident in your braking system or you'll never realize the potential speed of the Zester. That's why Charge chose Avid Elixir 1 hydraulic brakes with Power Reserve Technology and matched them to 160mm rotors. At the end of the day, a brake lever simply multiplies the force your hand generates; just like a nut cracker. Avid's Power Reserve Geometry represents a way of thinking about the physics of leverage and your hand's comfort. This philosophy is fundamentally different than other braking systems. Due to pivot placement, physics dictates that with other brake levers your fingers tend to slip off the ends as you pull. Avid is different. They designed levers with the pivot closer to the handlebar. The resulting lever movement has less inward travel, an arc that's closer to your fingers' natural motion and delivers more force to the brake.
WTB SX19 reinforced double wall rims laced to SRAM Via hubs smooth out the often choppy and pothole sprinkled neighborhood and city streets. Charge utilizes their critically acclaimed Spoon saddle and griddle grips. While they sound delicious, they are simply comfortable and provide you with the confidence to enjoy each and every ride.
- A comfortable 6061 aluminum frame and fork mean everything to comfort and enjoyment.
- A SRAM Apex drivetrain with 10-speed flat bar shifters work together in efficient bliss.
- Tough WTB rims are matched to SRAM Via hubs to keep you headache free for miles to come.
- Avid Elixir 1 hydraulic brakes have significant stopping power and act quickly in a crunch.
- Charge brand components round out a wonderful city or neighborhood bike design.
Charge Zester City Road Bike - 2013
- bottom bracket:
- FSA powerdrive
- Avid Elixir 1
- SRAM PG 1030 11-32t
- YBN S10 CR
- FSA Vero Compact, 46/36t powerdrive
- Alloy 700c, Straight blade, Disc
- Alloy, double butted tubing
- front derailleur:
- SRAM Apex
- Charge Griddle lock-on
- Shield Urban low riser, Double butted, 680mm wide
- FSA No.8, Integrated
- Avid Elixir 1
- Wellgo Alloy trekking
- rack mounts:
- rear derailleur:
- SRAM Apex
- Charge Spoon
- Shield, 15 layback
- SRAM SL700 Flatbar 10/s
- Shield, 31.8mm
- Continental Contact 700x32c
- WTB SX19, double wall, SRAM Via GT hubs
You May Also Like
- Charge Filter Hi Road Bike - 2013 Our Price: $899.00 SALE: $849.00
- Charge Plug Road Bike - 2015 Performance Exclusive Our Price: $1,299.99 SALE: $599.00
- Charge Plug 4 City Bike - 2014 Our Price: $1,499.99 SALE: $1,149.00