2013 GT Zaskar 9R Comp Mountain BikeThe Zaskar is one of the longest running models in mountain bike history. The reason for its longevity and continued success is in its simplicity. The patented Triple Triangle design has proven to be resilient and is outfitted every year with the latest and greatest components like you see on the 2013 GT Zaskar 9R Comp mountain bike.
GT's aluminum version of the Zaskar is made from GT Speed Metal, a light-weight construction designed to be light enough so you can climb quickly and descend comfortably. Hydroformed tubes are reshaped to direct material where it's needed most, allowing the frame to exhibit superior strength-to-weight characteristics. The gussets, or where the tubes are welded together, give added support during extra intensity for your added security.
A hardtail's performance can be beholden to its fork. The Zaskar 9R Comp is outfitted with a Rock Shox Recon Silver TK 29er fork with 100mm of travel. The Recon is well known for an extremely durable spring system called Solo Air. The positive and negative air spring chambers are simultaneously filled to equal air pressures through a single Schrader valve, simplifying suspension setup while retaining a light weight and plush ride quality. Rock Shox Motion Control chews up climbs with incredible efficiency while the patented lockout blow-off valve and threshold control immediately absorb any bumps along the way.
The Zaskar 9R Comp is a competent mixture of great brands including SRAM and Easton. Most notably, the SRAM X5 and X7 drivetrain directly supplies your effort to the trail. Smooth, precise X-Glide shifting and renowned SRAM 10-speed performance brings out the best in this bike. The piston design and geometry of the Avid Elixir 1 hydraulic brakes bring impressive power and uniquely smooth control using TaperBore technology, which saves weight, looks sleek, improves lever feedback and most importantly--gives you more power and control.
Not all 29er hardtails were created equal. The high level of technology and design execution of the GT Zaskar 9R Comp mountain bike will keep you moving over and through terrain with excellent handling, control and speed.
Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
2013 GT Zaskar 9R Comp Mountain Bike
- bottom bracket:
- SRAM GXP
- Avid Elixir 1, w/ 160mm Rotor
- Shimano CS-HG62-10, 11-36T, 10-speed
- KMC X10
- SRAM S1000, 38/24T, 2x10
- RockShox Recon Silver TK 29 Solo Air, 100mm Travel, w/ Rebound Adjust, PopLoc Remote Lockout, & Tapered Alloy Steerer
- NEW GT Speed Metal alloy Hydroformed(TT,DT,CS), Triple Triangle Frame Construction, w/ Post Mount Disc Brake, Replaceable Derailleur Hanger, Forged BB, HT, Dropouts, Tapered 1 1/8" to 1 1/2" HT w/ 9R Specific Geometry
- front derailleur:
- SRAM X5, 2x10
- EVA Foam Superlight GT Wings w/ Waffle
- All Terra Flat Top Riser, Double Butted AL6061, 690mm Width, 15mm Rise, 31.8mm Clamp
- FSA No.42 ACB, Integrated, 1.5" Lower, 1-1/8" Upper
- Avid Elixir 1
- rear derailleur:
- SRAM X7 Medium Cage
- rear shock:
- All Terra Tacoma w/ Cromoly Rail
- All Terra AL6061 w/ Forged Head
- SRAM X5 Trigger
- Easton EA50, 1-1/8" Threadless, 8° Rise, 31.8mm Clamp
- Maxxis Aspen, 29"x2.1", 60TPI, Folding Bead
- Alex MD19 Disc, Double Wall, 32H Rims. All Terra Alloy Sealed Bearing Disc hubs
You May Also Like
- 2013 GT Sensor 9R Comp Mountain Bike Our Price: $1,499.99 SALE: $1,299.99
- 2013 GT Sensor 9r Elite Mountain Bike - Performance Exclusive Our Price: $2,179.99 SALE: $1,649.99
- 2013 GT Zaskar 9R Elite Mountain Bike Our Price: $1,699.99