2013 GT Zaskar 9R Elite Mountain BikeIf you love red white and blue or Evel Knievel, then maybe the 2013 GT Zaskar 9R Elite mountain bike paint job caught your eye. If you love the thrill of whipping through tight singletrack or pounding out a long climb on a terrific lightweight hardtail, then read on my friend. The GT Zaskar 9R delivers.
GT's aluminum version of the Zaskar is made from GT Speed Metal, a light-weight construction designed to be light enough so you can climb quickly and descend comfortably. Hydroformed tubes are reshaped to direct material where it's needed most, allowing the frame to exhibit superior strength-to-weight characteristics. The gussets, or where the tubes are welded together, give added support during extra intensity for your added security.
A hardtail's performance can be indebted to its fork. The Zaskar 9R Elite is outfitted with a Rock Shox Recon Gold TK 29er fork with 100mm of travel. The Recon Gold, about 400 grams lighter than the Silver version, is well known for an extremely durable spring system called Solo Air. The positive and negative air spring chambers are simultaneously filled to equal air pressures through a single Schrader valve, simplifying suspension setup while retaining a light weight and plush ride quality. Rock Shox Motion Control chews up climbs with incredible efficiency while the patented lockout blow-off valve and threshold control immediately absorb any bumps along the way.
The Zaskar 9R Elite is a performance-oriented mixture of great brands including Shimano and Fizik. Most notably, the Shimano SLX drivetrain and Deore XT Shadow rear derailleur directly supplies your effort to the trail. The Shadow construction positions your derailleur away from harm and its Dyna-sys cable pull improves stability and ease of adjustment. The Formula RX brakes features a radial master cylinder that combines with a one-piece caliper equipped with 22 mm diameter pistons. This translates into lots of power and modulation while leading its category at a low 337 grams.
The 2013 GT Zaskar 9R Elite is a no-nonsense cross country bike that features industry leading technology and patented and proven GT design. It will keep you moving over and through terrain with exceptional handling, control and speed.
Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
2013 GT Zaskar 9R Elite Mountain Bike
- bottom bracket:
- Shimano SLX
- Formula RX, w/ 160mm Rotor
- Shimano CS-HG62-10, 11-36T, 10-speed
- KMC X10
- Shimano SLX, FC-M675, 40/28T, 2x10
- RockShox Recon Gold TK 29 Solo Air, 100mm Travel, w/ Rebound Adjust, PushLoc Remote Lockout, & Tapered Alloy Steerer
- NEW GT Speed Metal alloy Hydroformed(TT,DT,CS), Triple Triangle Frame Construction, w/ Post Mount Disc Brake, Replaceable Derailleur Hanger, Forged BB, HT, Dropouts, Tapered 1 1/8" to 1 1/2" HT w/ 9R Specific Geometry
- front derailleur:
- Shimano SLX, FD-M675, 2X10
- EVA Foam Superlight GT Wings w/ Waffle
- All Terra Flat Top Riser, Double Butted AL6061, 690mm Width, 15mm Rise, 31.8mm Clamp
- FSA No.42 ACB, Integrated, 1.5" Lower, 1-1/8" Upper
- Formula RX
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Deore XT Shadow, RD-M781-GS
- rear shock:
- Fizik Tundra2 Mg
- Crankbrothers Cobalt 1
- Shimano SLX, SL-M670, Rapid Fire
- Easton EA50, 1-1/8" Threadless, 8° Rise, 31.8mm Clamp
- Maxxis Aspen, 29"x2.1", 60TPI, Folding Bead
- Alex MD19 Disc, Double Wall, 32H
You May Also Like
- 2013 GT Sensor 9r Elite Mountain Bike - Performance Exclusive Our Price: $2,179.99 SALE: $1,649.99
- 2013 GT Sensor 9R Expert Mountain Bike Our Price: $2,499.99 SALE: $1,999.99
- 2013 GT Sensor 9R Pro Mountain Bike Our Price: $3,299.99 SALE: $2,499.99