2013 GT Zaskar Carbon 100 9R Elite Mountain BikeThe mountain bike has come a long way. When you look at even five years ago, technology and material has completely been turned upside down. Like most innovation, as it gains popularity over the years, production increases, but the cost to everyone else goes down. I remember when entry level CD players were $800. The same holds true for a bike like the 2013 GT Zaskar Carbon 100 9R Elite mountain bike. It is simply incredible that a bike like this can sit somewhere in the middle of GT's race-ready XC lineup. It features a state-of-art carbon frame, Fox CTD rear shock and Rock Shox Recon Gold RL fork, a Shimano SLX/Deore drivetrain, and hosts a who's who of great mountain bike brands in components, like Crank Brothers, Avid, Maxxis, Easton, Fizik and more.
Mountain bikes are made of other people's stuff, like SRAM or Easton. What is distinctly GT is what sets this bike apart from the rest. GT uses their patented and proven I-Drive full suspension technology. An Independent Drivetrain requires fewer pivots or less linkage to save precious weight and allows the suspension to focus solely on what it's supposed to do: handle the trail. Regardless of how the rear wheel moves, the I-Drive design won't pull on the chain, crank or pedals. This insulates the rider from suspension induced feedback and results in pedaling efficiency. The rear wheel path is left to follow the force of impact on its own, which means reduced drag, preserved momentum and a faster, smoother ride. Now, let's talk about carbon.
GT's proprietary FOC Ultra carbon frame methodology allows them to make a bike that doesn't flex in ways it shouldn't: while pedaling, steering or from impact forces. They use the fewest layers of high-modulus carbon possible to achieve a stiff, reliable and responsive ride. The Zaskar Carbon 100 frame features 100mm of travel and a tapered 1 ½" head tube improves steering response, reduces flex and provides greater impact deflection at high speeds in rough terrain.
Rock Shox continues to surprise with their ability to stay current with mountain bikers needs. The Recon Gold RL is a perfect example. It features a rebound adjust for custom-tuning to changing terrain, a lockout for hard efforts, climbing, or riding on the road to access the trailhead, and a beefy 15x100 front axle for stiffness and support. The rear shock is handled by Fox and supplies similar features to the Recon. Rebound and compression adjust are available and easy to use.
Finally, the Elite is equipped with a Shimano SLX/Deore drivetrain, Avid Elixir 3 hydraulic brakes, and Crank Brothers static handlebar and seatpost components. Roll it all up and you have a bike that has performance and efficiency as equal parts.
Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location Features:
2013 GT Zaskar Carbon 100 9R Elite Mountain Bike
- bottom bracket:
- Shimano Deore
- Avid Elixir 3, w/ 180mm Rotor F, 160mm R
- Shimano CS-HG62-10, 11-36T, 10-Speed
- KMC X10
- Shimano Deore, FC-M590-10, 42/32/24T, 3x10
- RockShox Recon Gold RL 29, Solo Air, 100mm Travel, 15x100mm Maxle Thru Axle, Rebound Adjust, Lockout, & Tapered Alloy Steerer
- F.O.C. Ultra Speed Blend Carbon Frame, 100mm Travel Independent Drivetrain Suspension System w/ F.O.C. Linkage, Pivots, BB Shell, Dropouts, and 1 1/8" to 1 1/2" Tapered Head Tube, w/ 9R Specific Geometry
- front derailleur:
- Shimano FD-M590-10, 3x10
- GT Wings w/ Waffle Lock-on
- Crankbrothers Cobalt 1 Riser bar, 700mm Width, 31.8mm Clamp
- Integrated, 1.5" Lower, 1-1/8" Upper
- Avid Elixir 3
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano SLX Shadow Plus, RD-M675-SGS
- rear shock:
- Fox Racing Shox Float CTD SV, 6.5"x1.5", w/ Rebound Adjust & Lockout
- Fizik Tundra2 Mg
- Crankbrothers Cobalt 1
- Shimano Deore, SL-M591, Rapid Fire
- Easton EA50, 1-1/8" Threadless, 8° Rise, 31.8mm Clamp
- Maxxis Aspen, 29"x2.1", 60TPI, Folding Bead
- Alex XD-Lite w/ Eyelets, 32H
You May Also Like
- 2013 Breezer Cloud 9 Elite Mountain Bike Our Price: $5,320.00 SALE: $3,989.99