2013 GT Zaskar Carbon 100 9R Expert Mountain BikeThe GT Zaskar Carbon 100 9R Expert features cutting-edge technology from outstanding brands to bring you the best and most versatile cross country experience possible.
SRAM, Easton and other brands can be found on many bikes, but what is distinctly GT is what sets this bike apart from the rest. GT uses their patented and proven I-Drive full suspension technology. An Independent Drivetrain requires fewer pivots or less linkage to save precious weight and allows the suspension to focus solely on what it's supposed to do: handle the trail. Regardless of how the rear wheel moves, the I-Drive design won't pull on the chain, crank or pedals. This insulates the rider from suspension induced feedback and results in pedaling efficiency. The rear wheel path is left to follow the force of impact on its own, which means reduced drag, preserved momentum and a faster, smoother ride.
GT's proprietary FOC Ultra carbon frame methodology allows them to make a bike that doesn't flex in ways it shouldn't: while pedaling, steering or from impact forces. They use the fewest layers of high-modulus carbon possible to achieve a stiff, reliable and responsive ride. The Zaskar Carbon 100 frame features 100mm of travel and a tapered 1 ½" head tube improves steering response, reduces flex and provides greater impact deflection at high speeds in rough terrain.
The Rock Shox Reba RL 29er Solo Air fork features 100mm of travel and external rebound and low speed compression. The tool-free Rock Shox Maxle Lite brings exceptional stiffness and durability to your ride in the lightest, easiest-to-use 15x100 thru axle system. The Reba RL Motion Control feature chews up climbs with incredible efficiency, while the patented lockout blow-off valve and threshold control immediately absorb any bumps along the way. It's an elegant design in a simple and lightweight package.
The Shimano SLX drivetrain delivers great lightweight and dependable performance. An upgrade of note is the Deore XT rear derailleur and its stabilizer switch. When engaged, this switch helps to eliminate chain slap and dropped chains by increasing spring tension. This is a valuable option for suspension systems that require chain stays and pivots located close to the rear derailleur, like the Zaskar. It also includes a direct cable path to allow your shift housing to enter the stop on the derailleur without the traditional loop of excess housing that often was the victim of contamination and a source of poor performance.
The details on the Expert are almost too many to recount; components from Crank Brothers, Fizik and high performing XC specific Easton 29er wheels. The Zaskar Pro also includes Formula RX hydraulic brakes which feature a radial master cylinder that combines with a one-piece caliper equipped with 22 mm diameter pistons to produce lots of power and modulation while leading its category at a low 337 grams per set.
The 2013 GT Zaskar Carbon 100 9R Expert is the perfect mountain bike for fast, flowy singletrack or wide open fire roads.
Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
2013 GT Zaskar Carbon 100 9R Expert Mountain Bike
- bottom bracket:
- Shimano SLX
- Formula RX, w/ 180mm Rotor F, 160mm R
- Shimano CS-HG62-10, 11-36T, 10-Speed
- KMC X10
- Shimano SLX, FC-M675, 38/24T, 2x10
- RockShox Reba RL 29, Solo Air, 100mm Travel, 15x100mm Maxle Thru Axle, w/ Rebound Adjust & Tapered Alloy Steerer
- F.O.C. Ultra Speed Blend Carbon Frame, 100mm Travel Independent Drivetrain Suspension System w/ F.O.C. Linkage, Pivots, BB Shell, Dropouts, and 1-1/8" to 1-1/2" Tapered Head Tube, w/ 9R Specific Geometry
- front derailleur:
- Shimano SLX, FD-M675, 2X10
- GT Wings w/ Waffle Lock-on
- Crankbrothers Cobalt 2 Riser bar, 700mm Width, 31.8mm Clamp
- Integrated, 1.5" Lower, 1-1/8" Upper
- Formula RX w/ TFRA
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Deore XT Shadow Plus, RD-M786-GS
- rear shock:
- Fox Racing Shox Float CTD BV, 6.5"x1.5", w/ Rebound Adjust & Lockout
- Fizik Tundra2 Mg
- Crankbrothers Cobalt 2
- Shimano SLX, SLM670, Rapid Fire
- Easton EA50, 1-1/8" Threadless, 8° Rise, 31.8mm Clamp
- Maxxis Aspen, 29"x2.1", 60TPI, Folding Bead
- Easton XC 29" Wheelset
You May Also Like
- 2013 Breezer Cloud 9 Elite Mountain Bike Our Price: $5,320.00 SALE: $3,989.99