2013 GT Timberline 1.0 Mountain Bike - U.S. ExclusiveThe GT Timberline 1.0 mountain bike is a terrific 29er with advanced technology meant to be ridden on or off the road with ease. Proven brands like Shimano and SR Suntour provide a solid foundation for each and every ride.
29ers are all the rage and for good reason. The benefits of larger wheels on mountain bikes are being reaped by beginners and experts alike. Larger wheels decrease your angle attack by allowing you to roll over obstacles both easier and faster. A larger wheel enables you to carry more momentum, better stability, and are less prone to sink in the dirt due to a larger contact patch which causes lower ground pressure.
The Timberline 1.0 features GT's hydroformed Speed Metal frame. The hydroforming process moves aluminum material to all the right places for support and stiffness while keeping a lower overall weight. An SR Suntour 29er fork with 80mm of travel absorbs trail obstacles and pavement crevices with confidence. The Shimano Acera drive train features 24-speeds and EZ Fire Plus shifters function superbly and with low maintenance. Promax disc brakes supply firm stopping power on 160mm rotors.
GT uses their waffle wing grips and MTB saddle to provide maximum comfort and support. Their Slim Line pedals make it easy to hop on and off the bike without the worry of special shoes or clipping in, but if you are a beginner, you will find this to be an advantage as you get more comfortable with mountain biking.
The GT Timberline 1.0 mountain bike is both a versatile and capable ride with great components, frame and drive train technology.
- 29er 6061 T6 Aluminum Triple Triangle frame design absorbs trail vibration
- SR Suntour XCT 29er fork with of 80mm Travel
- Shimano 24-speed drivetrain with EZ Fire Plus shifters
- Alex double wall rims provide added resistance to braking wear
- Promax disc brakes supply added stopping power even in wet conditions
2013 GT Timberline 1.0 Mountain Bike - U.S. Exclusive
- bottom bracket:
- Cartridge Sealed
- Promax Forged Caliper Cable Disc W/ 160mm Rotor
- Shimano CS-HG31-8, 11-32T, 8-Speed Cassette
- KMC Z72
- Suntour XCC T102 42/34/24T
- SR Suntour XCT w/ 80mm Travel, 29", QR
- NEW 29" 6061-T6 Aluminum Triple Triangle Frame, w/ Replaceable Derailleur Hanger, and 1 1/8" Head Tube
- front derailleur:
- Shimano TX51
- GT Wing W/ Waffle
- MTB Riser Bar
- 1 1/8" Ahead
- Shimano EF-51
- GT Slim Line Flat Pedal
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Acera, RD-M360
- rear shock:
- GT MTB Saddle
- Alloy Micro Adjust
- Shimano EF-51 EZ Fire Plus, 8 Speed
- Alloy Ahead
- All Terrain 29X2.10"
- Alex Ace 24, Double Wall, 32H