GT Timberline 1.0 29er Mountain Bike - 2013Looking for your first mountain bike? Why not make it a 29er and go to the head of the off-road class from your very first ride? Why a 29er instead of a standard 26" mountain bike? For one thing, larger diameter wheels allow you to roll over obstacles easier and faster. Plus, a larger wheel enables you to carry more momentum, provide better stability, and they have a larger contact patch (the surface area that actually touches the ground at any one time) so they tend to float over soft ground rather than sink in.
The GT Timberline 1.0 mountain bike's advanced technology and quality components make it a great 29er choice. The Timberline 1.0 features GT's hydroformed Speed Metal frame that's both strong and lightweight. An SR Suntour 29er fork with 80mm of travel smoothes out the ride no matter what kind of obstacles stand in your way. The Shimano Acera drive train features 24-speeds and EZ Fire Plus shifters for easy shifting and minimal maintenance. When you need to slow down, Promax disc brakes with 160mm rotors get it done powerfully and reliably.
The Timberline 1.0 mountain bike also features GT waffle wing grips for control, a comfortable saddle and Slim Line pedals that provide plenty of traction, but don't require special shoes or cleats.
This is definitely the era of the 29er, and the GT Timberline 1.0 mountain bike is definitely a worthy choice for your plunge into the big wheel world.
- GT Tachyon compact geometry Speed Metal aluminum frame
- SR Suntour XCT 29er fork with of 80mm Travel
- Shimano 24-speed drivetrain with EZ Fire Plus shifters
- Alex Ace 24 double wall rims provide added resistance to braking wear
- Promax disc brakes supply added stopping power even in wet conditions
GT Timberline 1.0 29er Mountain Bike - 2013
- bottom bracket:
- Cartridge Sealed
- Promax Forged Caliper Cable Disc W/ 160mm Rotor
- Shimano CS-HG31-8, 11-32T, 8-Speed Cassette
- KMC Z72
- Suntour XCC T102 42/34/24T
- SR Suntour XCT w/ 80mm Travel, 29", QR
- GT Tachyon compact geometry Speed Metal aluminum frame with Butted and hydroformed (TT,DT), Internal cable routing, forged drop-outs, all braze ons, replaceable derailleur hanger
- front derailleur:
- Shimano TX51
- GT Wing W/ Waffle
- MTB Riser Bar
- 1 1/8" Ahead
- Shimano EF-51
- GT Slim Line Flat Pedal
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Acera, RD-M360
- rear shock:
- GT MTB Saddle
- Alloy Micro Adjust
- Shimano EF-51 EZ Fire Plus, 8 Speed
- Alloy Ahead
- All Terrain 29X2.10"
- Alex Ace 24, Double Wall, 32H
You May Also Like
- Schwinn Rocket 2 27.5" Mountain Bike - 2014 Our Price: $750.00 SALE: $749.99