2013 Fuji Gran Fondo 2.1 C Road BikeThe 2013 Fuji Gran Fondo 2.1 C combines high performance with all-day comfort for rider's of any ability. Using a longer head tube than a traditional race bike, about 10mm on a 55cm frame, the Gran Fondo creates a slightly more upright rider position in order to stave off upper body fatigue on longer rides. Shimano 105 and Oval Concept components add modern technology and maximum efficiency to a great all-around bike.
The Gran Fondo frame is made from Fuji's proprietary C5 high modulus carbon blend. High modulus is an engineering term which defines stiffness in fibers. Therefore, a high modulus frame has a stiffer blend of fibers which results in less flex and better transmission of power spent. Carbon fiber, used for much of its modern life in the aerospace industry, is a valuable high performance product for its lightweight, high temperature tolerance and low thermal expansion properties. The C5 frame is further refined with a Shimano press fit bottom bracket and tapered head tube. The larger press fit design allows Fuji to move the frame material around, thinning out the seat stays and strengthening the chain stays, which puts the carbon where it matters to you most. The tapered head tube stiffens the front end of the bike for better power transmission.
The Gran Fondo 2.1 C is powered by a Shimano 105 drivetrain. The shifters, working in tandem with the Super SLR Brake Design, allow for a greater level of modulation and power from the tops of the brake hoods, where most people ride a majority of the time. The 10-speed SIS 105 rear derailleur integrates the wide link design prominently featured in both Dura-Ace and Ultegra derailleurs to not only promote quick shifting, but to preserve the pivots for greater durability and long term crisp shifting performance.
Oval Concepts has long been revered for producing high quality components. The Oval 327 aero clinchers provide a slight speed advantage without going overboard and losing comfort. They are outfitted with Vittoria Zaffiro Pro tires that have a slick surface for low rolling resistance and a wider 25c profile for greater stability, especially while cornering. An R500 saddle with chromoly rails and a 905 carbon seat post add more comfort to an already relaxed and comfortable carbon performance road bike.
The Fuji Gran Fondo 2.1 C is meant to be enjoyed no matter your length of ride. While it is capable of high speed, you may never need it as you roll down the road in the quiet, zen-like comfort that we call riding a road bike.
Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
2013 Fuji Gran Fondo 2.1 C Road Bike
- bottom bracket:
- Press-fit BB86 sealed bearing
- Shimano 105
- Shimano Tiagra, 12-30T, 10-speed
- KMC X10, 10-speed
- Oval 730 forged alloy, 50/34T
- FC-440 carbon monocoque w/ tapered carbon steerer & carbon dropout
- C5 high-modulus carbon, integrated head tube w/ 1 1/2" lower, internal cable routing, oversized PIIS BB86 shell, double water bottle mounts, C5 high-modulus carbon thin seatstays, oversized ETC chainstays
- front derailleur:
- Shimano 105, braze-on mount
- Oval 300 suede-padded tape
- Oval 310 butted 6061 alloy, 31.8mm
- FSA Orbit C-40, 1 1/8" upper - 1 1/2" lower, integrated
- Shimano 105 STI
- rack mounts:
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano 105, 10-speed
- Oval R500 w/ CrMo hollow rails
- Oval 905, carbon 31.6mm x 350mm
- Shimano 105 STI shifter/brake combo, Flight Deck-compatible, 20-speed
- Oval 313 3D-forged 6061 alloy, 31.8mm, +/- 7 degrees
- Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Slick, 60 tpi, 700c x 25mm, folding
- Oval 327 aero alloy clincher, 20/24H sealed bearing hubs, stainless bladed spokes
You May Also Like
- 2013 Fuji Gran Fondo 2.0 LE Road Bike - Performance Exclusive Our Price: $2,599.99 SALE: $1,899.99
- 2013 Fuji Gran Fondo 1.5 C Road Bike Our Price: $2,599.99 SALE: $2,599.98
- 2013 Scattante CFR Elite Road Bike Our Price: $2,299.99 SALE: $1,899.99