SPECIAL OFFERTOTALLY FREE SHIPPING and ASSEMBLY When Shipped To Store See details
Fuji Altamira 1.3 Road Bike - 2013Fuji's flagship Altamira carbon fiber road bikes got the ultimate endorsement during the 2011 Vuelta Espana when Juan Cobo rode his way to victory aboard one. Fuji has been improving things ever since, and the ultimate expression of that innovation is the Fuji Altamira 1.3 road bike, equipped with the all-new Dura Ace 9000. If you demand the absolute best in performance, this is the bike for you.
The Altamira is usually considered a climber's bike, but that's not necessarily true. This is a true all-around performance machine, designed for the sprint finish as much as the 18% grade. The Altamira 1.3 is a pro-level frame, made with High Compaction c15 carbon fiber that delivers a springy, yet stiff fiber blend that feels both lively under the pedals and forgiving on rough roads. The tubing is shaped using monocoque construction for maximum efficiency, with the tubes becoming beefier in highs tress areas like the head tube, down tube and bottom bracket to maintain stiffness, and thinner in areas like the seat stays and the seat tube-top tube junction. The large BB86 bottom bracket shell adds notable stiffness to the frame, and the massive oversized tapered headtube (1-1/8" upper, 1-1/2" lower) ensures that the front end is stiff enough to handle almost any amount of torque. The full carbon fork has been designed for speed and deft handling, with a tight, responsive rake that helps you hug the corners without feeling twitchy or out of control.
The Altamira 1.3 also comes equipped with Shimano's Dura Ace 9000 group, which many have hailed as the ultimate pinnacle of mechanical shifting performance. The most obvious upgrade from 7900 is the switch to 11-speed, which makes a world of difference when it comes to shifting progression. Now instead of sacrificing the 15 or 16-tooth cog and the resulting larger jumps in cadence, you have a cassette that can offer a wider range of gearing options with smooth, incremental progressions as you shift up and down.
The shifters have been completely redesigned from the old 7900 group, and take ergonomic and design cues from Shimano's Di2 components. The hoods have been redesigned to be smaller and sleeker for a more comfortable grip in almost any hand position. SIS indexed shifting gives a new level of precision, giving you crisp, accurate shifting every time. They've also been designed to reduce the amount of force required to throw the levers, so you have fewer mis-timed or inaccurate shifts. The release lever stroke has been reduced by 30% and Shimano has introduced an all-new polymer-coated cable, resulting in a 47% reduction in the force required to execute a shift. Finally, the levers themselves have been redesigned for better ergonomics and reach adjustment to help them fit any sized hand comfortable. And speaking of reach adjust, remember the 7900 shifters? They looked great, but when the reach was adjusted it left a gap at the top of the levers that made them look a little slack-jawed. Shimano has done away with that so these levers always look at their best.
Shimano didn't just stop at the pretty looking shifters though. The 9000 derailleurs have gotten an overhaul as well. The rear derailleur has been updated to be compatible with 11-speed cassettes, and delivers fast, accurate shifting across the entire cassette. The front derailleur has a new pull arm design for more direct and easy shifting. In fact, aside from the move to 11-speeds, the front derailleur might be the most impressive aspect of the new group. Historically a weak point of almost any group, Dura Ace 9000 now takes less effort to shift to the big ring, and there's very little chain rub, even when cross chaining.
The brakes are all-new as well, with a new symmetrical dual pivot design and twin bearings that reduce pivot friction and improve efficiency and controllability. They deliver 10% more power than 7900 brakes, and a smooth, light operation with easily controlled modulation for a consistent, safe braking performance.
The chainring was redesigned with some unconventional, stunning good looks that hide some amazing innovation. The new 4-bolt design certainly stands out from the crowd, but it's not just different for the sake of being different. The new design makes it possible to have a crankset that has no BCD standard, so you can run a 50/34 compact set up or a 53/39 standard ring combo, or any variation thereof, on the same crank. This is truly revolutionary and means it's no longer necessary to change out your cranks if you want to change your front end gearing. The 9000 cranks are made with Hollowtech II construction for maximum stiffness, but shed a few grams over the old version.
Lastly, but certainly not least, the Altamira comes equipped with Oval Concepts stem, handlebars, seatpost and wheels. The handlebars and seatpost are carbon fiber for low weight and superior stiffness, while also improving ride quality. The wheels are lightweight Oval W535 alloy clinchers that deliver superior stiffness and performance in everything from all-out sprints to alpine climbs.
If you're looking for a bike that can do it all and sacrifices nothing for all-out performance, then the Fuji Altamira 1.3 is the ride you've been looking for.
- High Compaction c15 monocoque carbon fiber construction is optimized for stiffness and performance
- Full carbon fiber fork with a 1-1/8"-1-1/2" oversized steer tube for superior handling and stiffness
- Dura Ace 9000 components deliver pro-level, 11-speed performance
- Oval W535 alloy clincher wheels are lightweight, stiff and offer superior braking performance
- Carbon fiber Oval seatpost and handlebars keep the weight low and comfort level high
Fuji Altamira 1.3 Road Bike - 2013
- bottom bracket:
- Shimano Dura Ace press-fit BB86 sealed bearing
- Shimano Dura Ace 9000
- Shimano Dura Ace 9000, 11-25T, 11-speed
- Shimano Dura Ace 9000, 11-speed
- Shimano Dura Ace 9000, 52/36T, 11-speed
- FC-330 carbon monocoque w/ tapered carbon steerer and carbon dropout
- C15 ultra high-modulus carbon with High Compaction Molding System, oversized PIIS BB86 shell, replaceable derailleur hanger, carbon drop outs
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Dura Ace 9000, braze-on mount
- Oval ergo paddle
- Oval R910 carbon, 31.8mm
- SA Orbit C-40, 1 1/8" upper - 1 1/2" lower, integrated with carbon top cover
- Shimano Dura Ace 9000 STI, 22-speed
- rack mounts:
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Dura Ace 9000, 11-speed
- Oval R700 w/ CrMo-Ti hollow rails
- Oval 905, carbon 31.6mm x 350mm
- Shimano Dura Ace 9000 STI, 22-speed
- Oval 713 3D-forged 7050 alloy, 31.8mm, +/- 6 degrees
- Vittoria Rubino Pro Slick, 150 tpi, 700c x 23mm, folding
- Oval W535 alloy clincher, 35mm rim - 700c
You May Also Like
- Fuji Altamira 1.1 Road Bike - 2013 Our Price: $7,499.99 SALE: $5,600.00
- Fuji Altamira SL 1.1 Road Bike - 2014 Our Price: $7,000.00 SALE: $6,999.99
- Kestrel 4000 LTD Triathlon Road Bike - 2013 Ultegra Di2 Our Price: $5,499.99 SALE: $4,199.00