SPECIAL OFFERTotally Free Shipping and Assembly When Shipped To Store See details
Kestrel 4000 Pro SL Triathlon Road Bike - 2013 105Often, the difference between winning and losing isn't your fault. You probably woke up on time, ate the right breakfast and warmed up enough. While no bike can guarantee that you'll win, if you think that the Kestrel 4000 Pro SL with Shimano 105 components got in the way, you probably did eat the wrong breakfast after all. Supreme aerodynamics and efficient components shave precious time with every on-course pedal stroke. Let's look deeper.
With 20 years of carbon fiber experience, Philadelphia's Kestrel brand bicycles is truly a leader and innovator of race design against the clock. Behind every Kestrel stands a mighty process: meticulous engineering, modeling, computer-simulations and prototypes, subjected to rigorous structural testing, test-ridden, refined and redesigned. Finally, each frame is hand built by Kestrel using the tightest quality control standards in the industry before the bike reaches the Performance Bicycle sales floor, or is delivered to your door from our warehouse. The Kestrel 4000 Pro SL is constructed from 800k High Modulus (high degree of stiffness) carbon, which is 30% more stiff than their 700k carbon, and allows Kestrel to use 20% less material in the production of the frame. The BB30 press fit bottom bracket and tapered head tube further the amount of frame stiffness. The 4000 Pro SL is a dormant rocket ship, begging for even a small effort, and it will takeoff.
The 4000 Pro SL features Shimano's 105 drivetrain. The Microshift shifters, working in tandem with the TRP 920 aero brake design, allow for a greater level of modulation and power from the extensions, where most triathlete's spend a majority of their time. The 10-speed SIS 105 rear derailleur integrates the wide link design prominently featured in both Dura-Ace and Ultegra derailleurs to not only promote quick shifting, but to preserve the pivots for greater durability and long term crisp shifting performance.
Oval Concepts has long been revered for producing high quality components. The Oval 327 aero clinchers provide a speed advantage without going overboard and losing comfort. They are outfitted with Hutchinson Atom Comp tires that have a slick surface for low rolling resistance and a 23C width for fast cornering. An 500 series triathlon specific saddle with chromoly rails and a Kestrel EMS Pro Aero seat post add more efficiency to an already streamlined high performance road bike.
- 800K High Modulus Carbon Fiber frame and Kestrel EMS Pro SL TT Full Carbon fork result in speed, pure and simple
- Shimano 105 drivetrain is durable and efficient when on course, providing easy maintenance before and after race day
- Oval Concepts components featuring 327 aero clinchers provide an effective advantage without being adversely effected by crosswinds.
- Oval 350 and 313 base bar and extensions, coupled with the 500 series triathlon saddle make finding the proper position for speed and comfort a cinch
Kestrel 4000 Pro SL Triathlon Road Bike - 2013 105
- bottom bracket:
- Oval Concepts Integrated, External Bearings
- TRP 920 Forged Aero Center Pull
- Shimano Tiagra, 11-25T
- KMC X10 Nickel-plated 10-sp
- FSA Gossamer 50/34T (48cm, 52cm: 170mm; 55cm, 57cm: 172.5mm; 60cm: 175mm)
- Kestrel EMS Pro SL TT Full Carbon, 1 1/8" - 1 1/4" Tapered Steerer
- 800K High Modulus Carbon Fiber
- front derailleur:
- Shimano 105, Braze-on
- Kestrel Suede Tape
- Oval Concepts 350 6061 Aluminum Base Bar, Oval Concepts 750 60601 Aluminum Clip On
- FSA CX Integrated 1 1/4" Top, 1 1/4" Bottom with 10mm Top Cover and Cable Guide
- Oval Concepts 701
- rack mounts:
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano 105, 10-sp
- Oval Concepts 500 Triathlon w/ Cr/Mo Rails
- Kestrel EMS Pro w/ Ritchey Clamp System
- MicroShift Bar End
- Oval Concepts 313 6061 3D-forged Alloy, 31.8mm +/- 6 degrees (47cm, 50cm: 80mm; 52.5cmcm, 55cm: 90mm; 57.5cm, 59.5cm: 100mm)
- Hutchinson Atom Comp 700 X 23c
- Oval Concepts 327 Alloy Clincher, 27mm rim, 20H Front, 24H Rear
You May Also Like
- Ridley Orion Ultegra Road Bike - 2015 Performance Exclusive Our Price: $2,999.99 SALE: $1,499.00
- Ridley Fenix CR1 Ultegra Road Bike - 2015 Performance Exclusive Our Price: $2,999.99 SALE: $2,399.99
- Fuji Gran Fondo 2.0 LE Road Bike - Performance Exclusive Our Price: $2,999.99 SALE: $1,899.00