2013 Scattante CFR Comp Road BikeThe 2013 Scattante CFR Comp blends sophisticated design with practical, modern technology in order to produce the best ride possible. The Comp features a compact Shimano 105 drivetrain and lightweight durable components to be enjoyed no matter your length of ride.
The CFR Comp utilizes our Scattante Carbon Monocoque Technology, or ScMT. Carbon fiber as a material for product development has long been utilized in the aero space industry. The material is highly flexible and lightweight, yet is has high tensile strength for incredible durability. Its high temperature tolerance and low thermal expansion make it a valuable material for high stress, high performance bike frames. ScMT leverages these virtues by allowing for the frame to be reinforced where it matters most, without adding undue weight. The fabrication requires precision tooling to maximize performance, fit and overall ride quality. The ScMT Comp frame features a tapered 1 ¼" head tube, for maximum stiffness and improved handling during sudden accelerations or out of the saddle efforts, and a BB30 bottom bracket shell. The oversized bottom bracket shell allows for direct-fit bearings and a 30mm crank spindle. The system saves weight by eliminating cups that would normally hold the bearings externally and provides more area to attach the larger down tube, seat tube and ScMT 10 chain stays to better resist deflection from pedaling forces. The result is a radically improved torsional stiffness for better pedaling efficiency at a lighter weight. The stiffness of the frame and the efficiency of the power transmission are superb. The stays are shaped to further reduce road vibration; a culprit of premature muscle fatigue.
The Scattante CFR Comp is outfitted with a Shimano 105 drivetrain and an FSA Omega Compact Crankset. Shimano 105 is widely selected for its high function and low weight. The Super SLR shifter design places the brake lever pivot for the best possible mechanical advantage. Great modulation and power are available from the tops of the ergonomic brake hoods, where most people ride a majority of the time. The internal cable routing supplies lighter steering action and a cleaner handlebar area. The Shimano 105 rear derailleur integrates the wide link design prominently featured in both Dura-Ace and Ultegra derailleurs to not only promote quick shifting, but to preserve the pivots for greater durability and long term crisp shifting performance. The FSA Omega compact crank and Shimano cassette offer great versatility in gear selection, no matter what grade you encounter.
The Comp features an oversized handlebar and stem for performance added stiffness and an Alex Race wheel set with sealed cartridge bearing hubs. The Race's are setup with long-wearing Hutchinson Nitro clincher tires. The lower weight Nitro's have a durable 27 TPI casing.
- A full carbon BB30 frame and tapered headtube and full carbon fork and carbon steerer features our Scattante Carbon Monocoque Technology for enhanced, lightweight performance
- Shimano 105 and FSA Omega compact cranks turn out mile after mile of efficient and lightening fast shifts
- Hutchinson Nitro tires and Alex Race 28 wheels are durable and handle well under acceleration
- Velo road-tuned saddle and synthetic grip tape keep you comfortable and focused on the task at hand
- Oversized alloy handlebar, stem and seatpost for added stiffness under torque
2013 Scattante CFR Comp Road Bike
- bottom bracket:
- BB30 Press-Fit
- Alloy, Black, Brake Shoes
- Shimano Tiagra HG 4600, 10- Speed
- KMC, 10-Speed
- FSA Omega Compact, 50/34T, BB30 spindle
- Scattante Carbon Monocoque Technology, ScMT 10 full carbon with tapered to 1 1/4" steerer tube
- Scattante Carbon Monocoque Technology, ScMT 10 carbon stays, BB30, tapered to 1 1/4" head tube, replacable rear derailleur hanger, double water bottle mounts
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Tiagra
- Synthetic, Black
- Alloy, Black 31.8mm
- FSA integrated for tapered headtube
- Shimano 105
- rack mounts:
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano 105
- Velo, Road Tuned
- Alloy, Black 27.2mm
- Shimano 105, 10-speed
- Alloy, Black 31.8mm
- Hutchinson Nitro, 700x23C, Clincher
- Alex Race 28, Formula hubs, sealed cartridge bearings