2013 Scattante CFR Elite Road BikeThe 2013 Scattante CFR Elite road bike is lightweight performance personified. With features like ScMT carbon technology, a Shimano Ultegra drivetrain and high-end components from FSA, Hutchinson and more, it's easy to see why the long-running Elite continues to be a road favorite.
The CFR Elite utilizes our Scattante Carbon Monocoque Technology, or ScMT. Carbon fiber as a material for product development has long been utilized in the aero space industry. The material is highly flexible and lightweight, yet is has high tensile strength for incredible durability. Its high temperature tolerance and low thermal expansion make it a valuable material for high stress, high performance bike frames. ScMT leverages these virtues by allowing for the frame to be reinforced where it matters most, without adding undue weight. The fabrication requires precision tooling to maximize performance, fit and overall ride quality. The ScMT Elite frame features a tapered 1 ¼" head tube, for maximum stiffness and improved handling during sudden accelerations or out of the saddle efforts, and a BB30 bottom bracket shell. The oversized bottom bracket shell allows for direct-fit bearings and a 30mm crank spindle. The system saves weight by eliminating cups that would normally hold the bearings externally and provides more area to attach the larger down tube, seat tube and ScMT 10 chain stays to better resist deflection from pedaling forces. The result is a radically improved torsional stiffness for better pedaling efficiency at a lighter weight. The stiffness of the frame and the efficiency of the power transmission are superb. The stays are shaped to further reduce road vibration; a culprit of premature muscle fatigue.
Shimano Ultegra features flawless function and lightweight performance. That's why we selected Ultegra and an FSA Gossamer Compact Triple crankset to provide the efficiency that you require for hills and descents alike. The Ultegra 6700 shifter levers are angled outward, which gives a head start on the arc of the shift with optimized hand placement, increasing comfort and efficiency. Ergonomics are further enhanced by a re-profiled perch that reduces overall reach and girth. The wide-link Ultegra rear derailleur's main body was produced with rigid pivots, which creates the foundation for precise shifts. The body and cage design accommodates a 28 tooth large cog so the mountain stages can be attacked with confidence.
The Scattante CFR Elite continues to impress with an FSA Gossamer handlebar, OS-150 oversized stem and FSA Gossamer brakes. The brakes have a compact dual pivot design and cold forged caliper arms. Their geometry is optimized for powerful braking and superior modulation and feature rustproof chromoly hardware for even the worst of cycling climates. The Alex 28 wheels with sealed cartridge hubs setup with Hutchinson Equinox tires and the perfect blend of durability and performance. The CFR Elite is dialed-in from head toe and is ready for the road that lies ahead.
- A full carbon BB30 frame and tapered headtube and full carbon fork and carbon steerer features our Scattante Carbon Monocoque Technology for enhanced, lightweight performance
- Shimano Ultegra and FSA Gossamer compact triple cranks turn out mile after mile of efficient and lightening fast shifts
- Hutchinson Equinox tires and Alex Race 28 wheels are durable and handle well under acceleration
- Prologo Navo Evo saddle and synthetic grip tape keep you comfortable and focused on the task at hand
- Oversized FSA Gossamer handlebar, OS-150 stem and SL-250 seatpost for added stiffness under torque
2013 Scattante CFR Elite Road Bike
- bottom bracket:
- FSA Gossamer
- Shimano HG 4600, 11/25
- KMC X chain, 10-speed
- FSA Gossamer Compact Triple, 50/39/30
- Scattante Carbon Monocoque Technology, ScMT 10 full carbon with tapered to 1 1/4" steerer tube
- Scattante Carbon Monocoque Technology, ScMT 10 carbon stays, BB30, tapered to 1 1/4" head tube, replacable rear derailleur hanger, double water bottle mounts
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Tiagra
- Synthetic, Black
- FSA Gossamer, alloy 31.8mm
- FSA integrated for tapered headtube
- Shimano Ultegra
- rack mounts:
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Ultegra
- Prologo Navo Evo
- FSA SL-250
- Shimano Ultegra STI
- FSA OS 150, 31.8mm
- Hutchinson Equinox, 700x23C
- Alex Race 28, sealed hubs