2013 Fuji SST 2.0 LE Road Bike - Performance ExclusiveThe 2013 Fuji SST 2.0 road bike is lights-out fast and features explosive power for maximum acceleration. Originally designed for the Pro circuit criteriums, the SST series takes an all-business approach to road riding, where the priority order of things to accomplish during a ride are results, results, and more results. Sure, with an amazing C5 carbon hi-mod frame and Shimano Ultegra components, you could just sit up and enjoy a nice day in the saddle, but when you sit down behind the wheel of a Porsche sports car, don't you want to rev the engine? Just a little?
Lightweight high-performance and durability are a balancing act. Move too much in either direction and you'll compromise the ride quality. However, when Fuji selected their proprietary C5 high modulus carbon for the SST, they killed those two birds with one stone. The frame is manufactured with a bladder-style mold, which allows Fuji to use their premium and lightweight carbon material to maximize the SST's strength to weight ratio. Fuji utilizes a tapered head tube to improve both the front-end handling and stiffness during all-out accelerations; the less flex, the better. A Press-Fit Shimano BB86 houses the crankset bearings inside the frame to reduce weight, compared to a standard external bearing crankset, while the larger bottom bracket surface area created allows for an oversized down tube and chain stays for even more lateral stiffness. The SST is mounted with an FC-440 carbon fork to further reduce road vibration and tapered for confident handling.
The Fuji SST 2.0 drivetrain is outfitted with Shimano Ultegra components. Shimano Ultegra features flawless function and lightweight performance. That's why Fuji selected Ultegra and an FSA Gossamer Compact crankset to provide the efficiency that you require for hills and descents alike. The Ultegra 6700 shifter levers are angled outward, which gives a head start on the arc of the shift with optimized hand placement, increasing comfort and efficiency. Ergonomics are further enhanced by a re-profiled perch that reduces overall reach and girth. The wide-link Ultegra rear derailleur's main body was produced with rigid pivots, which creates the foundation for precise shifts. The body and cage design accommodates up to a 28 tooth large cog so any mountain can be attacked with confidence. The SST comes with a more middle-ground 12/25 cassette, so you get the best of both worlds.
Oval Concepts provide the majority of the static component package. Oval 710 and 713 series handlebar and stem are oversized for improved handling and maximum stiffness during acceleration on the drops. The material is leaned out for lighter weight without compromising durability. An improved and lighter Oval carbon aero seatpost is easy to adjust fore and aft to ensure proper pedaling position.
Finally Tektro R340 dual pivot brakes brake upon low spoke count Pro 35 wheels with Hutchinson Equinox 2 tires. The Equinox 2 is designed to provide excellent durability and it's a versatile tire for training, touring and commuting. A dual compound surface provides great grip in all conditions.
- Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
- C5 hi-mod carbon frame with tapered head tube, BB86 for max speed
- FC-440 fork provides incredible strength and improves handling
- Shimano Ultegra drivetrain with advanced shifting, braking performance
- Hutchinson Equinox 2 tires with low rolling resistance, solid grip
2013 Fuji SST 2.0 LE Road Bike - Performance Exclusive
- bottom bracket:
- BB86 Press-Fit cups
- Tektro R340 dual pivot, alloy
- Shimano 105, 12/25
- KMC X1011 10-speed
- FSA Gossamer 50/34 compact
- FC-440 carbon, tapered steerer, 45mm offset
- C5 full carbon frame, tapered 1 1/8" to 1 1/2" head tube, Press-Fit BB86 bottom bracket
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Ultegra 6700, Braze-on
- Velo suede tape
- Oval Concepts 710, alloy, 31.8mm
- FSA integrated, tapered
- Shimano Ultegra 6700
- max. psi:
- rack mounts:
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Ultegra 6700
- Velo Road, satin steel rails
- Oval Concepts aero carbon
- Shimano Ultegra 6700
- Oval Concepts 713, alloy, 31.8mm, +/- 6 degrees
- Hutchinson Equinox 2 clincher, 700x23
- Oval Concepts Pro 35 clinchers, 20/24 spokes, stainless steel spokes
You May Also Like
- 2014 Fuji Altamira SL 1.3 Road Bike Our Price: $4,600.00 SALE: $4,599.99
- 2013 Fuji SST 1.3 C Road Bike Our Price: $3,999.99 SALE: $3,499.99
- 2013 Kestrel 4000 LTD Ultegra Di2 Triathlon Road Bike Our Price: $5,500.00 SALE: $4,124.99