2013 Breezer Venturi Road BikeThe Breezer Venturi road bike is nothing but class. And style. Oh, and high technology. A classic Breezer hydroformed steel frame and carbon fork, outfitted with a Shimano Ultegra 6700 20-speed drivetrain for lightweight speed, is finished off with a stylish lightening blue and white paint job; see what I mean? While the Venturi may display a unique blend of old and new world, it works and here's why.
They say, "steel is real"; mostly because saying, "custom heat treated chromoly with hydroformed tubing dissipates impact feedback due to steel's intrinsic properties", is too hard to remember. However, both are true. Steel is as genuine as it gets. Steel and cycling's history have been intertwined since the first bicycles appeared on the scene around 200 years ago. Today, having a steel framed road bike is coveted among cyclists, where a cyclist's beat up steel rain bike is emotionally more valuable than their carbon race bike. However, the best of both worlds is preferred, where you take a gorgeous steel frame and outfit it with the best of today's technology. Breezer thought so too and thus the Venturi was born. The process of hydroforming allows the frame's steel material to be shaped and moved to where it is needed the most. Ultimately, for the benefit of enhanced stiffness and durability. The bottom bracket is oversized to leverage the Press-Fit BB86 design of the modern age. By housing the cups inside the frame, the downtube and chainstays have a larger surface area by which they can be attached. More surface area means larger tubes and more stiffness under load. The BB86 design is lighter than using an external cup design as well by simply removing the need for external cups. A carbon fork with a custom 40mm offset slackens the steering and elongates the wheel base. The result is better steering and more predictable handling.
The Venturi drivetrain is outfitted from head-to-toe in Shimano Ultegra components. Shimano Ultegra features flawless function and lightweight performance. That's why Breezer selected Ultegra, including a compact crankset, to provide the efficiency that you require for hills and descents alike. The Ultegra 6700 shifter levers are angled outward, which gives a head start on the arc of the shift with optimized hand placement, increasing comfort and efficiency. Ergonomics are further enhanced by a re-profiled perch that reduces overall reach and girth. The wide-link Ultegra rear derailleur's main body was produced with rigid pivots, which creates the foundation for precise shifts. The body and cage design accommodates a 28 tooth large cog so any mountain can be attacked with confidence.
Finally, the 2013 Breezer Venturi features Oval Concept components and Shimano RS61 wheels with Hutchinson Equinox 2 folding tires. Shimano's updated aluminum rims feature 21 and 24mm respective front/rear profiles to offer an superb balance of weight savings, strength and aerodynamics. At nearly 21mm wide, the new design follows the industry trend, delivering a wider, more stable tire contact patch and further aerodynamic efficiency when paired with the Equinox 2 road tires. As a bonus, the RS61 wheels are tubeless ready.
- Custom-Butted Heat-Treated Chromoly frame with an oversized BB86 bottom bracket, plus a Breezer Carbon Fiber fork with a Custom 40mm Offset
- Shimano Ultegra compact 50/34 crankset and 20-speed drivetrain with 11/25 cassette
- Shimano RS61 wheels are Road Tubeless-Ready
- Oval Concepts 310 handlebar and 700 seatpost provide needed durability
2013 Breezer Venturi Road Bike
- bottom bracket:
- Shimano BB86 Press-Fit Bearing System
- Shimano Ultegra 6700, Super SLR Dual Pivot
- Shimano 5700 10-Speed, 11-25T
- KMC X10
- Shimano Ultegra 10-Speed, Hollowtech II, 50-34T
- Breezer Carbon Fiber, Custom 40mm Offset
- Breezer D'Fusion Hydroformed Custom-Butted Heat-Treated Chromoly, Custom-Machined Integrated Head Tube, BB86 Press-Fit Bottom Bracket
- front derailleur:
- Shimano 5700 10-Speed, 28.6mm
- Oval 300, Perforated
- Oval 310 Ergo, 6061 Aluminum, 31.8
- FSA Orbit IS-3 1 1/8", Fully Integrated, 36° ACB-Sealed, 15mm Aluminum Top Cover
- Shimano Ultegra 6700, STI
- rack mounts:
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Ultegra 10-Speed, SS
- Oval R700, CrN/Ti Rails, Light PU Foam
- Oval 700, 2014 Aluminum, 27.2mm
- Shimano Ultegra 20-Speed, STI
- Breezer 3D-Forged 6061 Aluminum, 31.8, 12°/78°
- Hutchinson Equinox 2 Folding, 700Cx23
- Shimano RS61, Road Tubeless-Ready