2013 Breezer Cloud 9 Pro Mountain BikeThe 2013 Breezer Cloud 9 Pro Mountain Bike is one mean, green machine. The Pro features a high-end blend of Shimano SLX and XT components and WTB Speed TCS i19 tubeless ready wheels mounted to a high-modulus carbon Breezer XC frame. The result is a bike that accelerates in and out of corners like a tiger fast on the trail of a scent.
While many XC bikes utilize a tapered head tube and an oversized BB92 bottom bracket like the Cloud 9, the Joe Breeze D'Fusion shaped carbon tubes that makeup the high-modulus frame are the key to unlocking both trail speed and power. The unique D-shaped profile on the top and down tubes near the head tube intersection and at the top tube/seat tube intersection strengthens the design. Significant stress travels through these joints and D'Fusion tubing's broader cross-section diffuses that load over a wider area, reducing the risk of fatigue. In the rear triangle, D-Fusion adds rigidity to the chain stays through a wider cross-section, while positioning the broader area outboard to reduce chain suck. D'Fusion tubing eliminates ride-deadening and heavy gussets, and lets the tubing do the lightweight power transferring was designed to do. The Breeze-In dropouts offer twice the rigidity and half the weight of standard dropouts. Breeze-Ins enable the stays to extend as close as possible to the rear axle, making the tubing the rightful star of the show. The dropouts improve shifting, wheel changes and the overall ride quality. Additionally, the Apex disc mount places the rear brake caliper on the chain stay instead of the seat stay. The increased diameter of the chain stay provides a huge increase in torsional stiffness over the smaller seat stay. Not only is braking performance increased and trail chatter decreased, but the brake is also safely protected instead of dangling of the seat stay. Finally, a size Medium frame weighs in at only 1050 grams (published weight).
The Rock Shox Reba RL 29er fork features 100mm of travel and a PushLoc remote. The tool-free Rock Shox Maxle Lite brings exceptional stiffness and durability to your ride in the lightest, easiest-to-use 15x100 thru axle system. The Reba RL Motion Control feature chews up climbs with incredible efficiency, while the patented lockout blow-off valve and threshold control immediately absorb any bumps along the way. It's an elegant design in a simple and lightweight package. Just push the handlebar remote and your fork is instantly locked out for the climb or road ride ahead.
The Cloud 9 Pro is built with Shimano SLX/XT components. The 38/24 SLX 2x10 crankset is race optimized and features a lighter weight thanks to the Hollowtech II design. The SLX i-spec shift levers, which shave weight by unifying the shifter and brake band clamps for clean, uncluttered cockpit setup, are of course matched to a set of M596 hydraulic disc brakes with 180/160mm rotors. The Shadow construction of the XT rear derailleur avoids trail snagging and keeps shifting performance consistent.
The Cloud 9 Pro is finished off with a host of WTB and Oval Concepts components. Most notably, the WTB Speed TCS i19 tubeless ready wheels and WTB Nano tires simply rip the trail to shreds. The set is the perfect balance of speed and durability. Speed rims, like most WTB wheels, are stiff, strong and light, and are the proverbial feather in the cap of a remarkable cross country mountain bike design.
- High-Modulus Carbon Fiber frame with tapered head tube and BB92 bottom bracket
- Rock Shox Reba 29 RL fork with pushloc remote, 100mm of travel and a 15mm thru-axle design
- Shimano SLX/XT 2x10 drivetrain with a 38/24 SLX crankset and Shadow Design XT rear derailleur
- Shimano M596 hydraulic brakes with 180/160 rotors
- Oval Concepts aluminum handlebar, stem and seatpost
- WTB Speed TCS i19 29" wheels and WTB Nano tires are tubeless ready
2013 Breezer Cloud 9 Pro Mountain Bike
- bottom bracket:
- Shimano BB92 Press-Fit Bearing System
- Shimano M596 Hydraulic Disc Brake, 180mm Front, 160mm Rear
- Shimano HG-62 10-Speed, 11-36T
- KMC X10
- Shimano SLX 10-Speed, Hollowtech II, 38-24T
- Rock Shox Reba 29 RL, 1.5" Taper Steerer, 15mm MAxle, PushLoc Remote, 100mm Travel
- High-Modulus Carbon Fiber, Joe Breeze D'Fusion Tube Shaping, Tapered Head Tube, BB92 Press-Fit Bottom Bracket
- front derailleur:
- Shimano SLX 10-Speed, Direct Mount
- Breezer Silicone Race Grips
- Oval Concepts 650, 7050 Aluminum, 31.8, 710mm Wide, +/- 5mm Rise, 9° Sweep
- FSA Orbit 1 1/8"-1 1/2", Fully Integrated, 36° ACB-Sealed, 7.8mm Aluminum Top Cover
- Shimano M596 Hydraulic Disc Brake
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Deore XT 10-Speed, SGS, Shadow Design
- rear shock:
- WTB Volt, Satin Steel Rail
- Oval Concepts 600, 3D-Forged 2014 Aluminum, 31.6mm
- Shimano SLX 20-Speed, I-Spec
- Oval Concepts 613, 3D-Forged 7050 Aluminum, 31.8, 6°/84°
- WTB Nano 29x2.1" TCS (Tubeless-Ready)
- WTB Speed TCS i21 29" (Tubeless-Ready)
You May Also Like
- 2013 Breezer Cloud 9 Elite Mountain Bike Our Price: $5,320.00 SALE: $3,989.99