2013 Breezer Cloud 9 Team Mountain BikeThe 2013 Breezer Cloud 9 Team is incredibly fit for XC. A high-modulus carbon frame, lightweight Shimano XT components and WTB Phase TCS i19 tubeless ready wheels are all that you need to set some singletrack on fire.
While many XC bikes utilize a tapered head tube and an oversized BB92 bottom bracket like the Cloud 9, the Joe Breeze D'Fusion shaped carbon tubes that makeup the high-modulus frame are the key to unlocking both trail speed and power. The unique D-shaped profile on the top and down tubes near the head tube intersection and at the top tube/seat tube intersection strengthens the design. Significant stress travels through these joints and D'Fusion tubing's broader cross-section diffuses that load over a wider area, reducing the risk of fatigue. In the rear triangle, D-Fusion adds rigidity to the chain stays through a wider cross-section, while positioning the broader area outboard to reduce chain suck. D'Fusion tubing eliminates ride-deadening and heavy gussets, and lets the tubing do the lightweight power transferring was designed to do. The Breeze-In dropouts offer twice the rigidity and half the weight of standard dropouts. Breeze-Ins enable the stays to extend as close as possible to the rear axle, making the tubing the rightful star of the show. The dropouts improve shifting, wheel changes and the overall ride quality. Additionally, the Apex disc mount places the rear brake caliper on the chain stay instead of the seat stay. The increased diameter of the chain stay provides a huge increase in torsional stiffness over the smaller seat stay. Not only is braking performance increased and trail chatter decreased, but the brake is also safely protected instead of dangling of the seat stay. Finally, a size Medium frame weighs in at only 1050 grams (published weight).
Fox is widely recognized as a leader in fork design and performance. The Cloud 9 Team features the all-new Fox Float 32 O/C CTD FIT 29 fork with 100mm of travel, a tapered head tube and a 15QR thru-axle design. While the name is a convoluted mouthful, the design couldn't have been made easier for any rider to use. Forks in general have become over-complicated to tune. Lockout, rebound, preload, both high speed and low speed compression -- it can be overwhelming. The new CTD design (Climb, Trail, and Descend) utilizes one lever to quickly switch the compression (while riding) to the ideal setting. The Climb setting adds low-speed compression to diminish bobbing when standing on the pedals. Trail mode presents moderate low speed compression to balance efficiency and the Descend setting features the ideal blend of high and low speed compression for plush action on steep and aggressive sections of trail.
The Cloud 9 Team is built with Shimano XT components. The 38/24 XT silver 2x10 crankset is race optimized and features increased driving efficiency by utilizing CloseStep ratios to maintain momentum. The XT i-spec shift levers, which shave weight by unifying the shifter and brake band clamps for clean, uncluttered cockpit setup, are of course matched to a set of XT brakes with 180/160mm rotors. The Shadow Plus construction of the XT rear derailleur avoids trail snagging and keeps shifting performance consistent.
The Cloud 9 Team is finished off with a host of WTB and Oval Concepts components. Most notably, the WTB Phase TCS i19 tubeless ready wheels and WTB Nano tires simply rip the trail to shreds. The set is the perfect balance of lightweight performance and durability. Phase rims, like most WTB wheels, are stiff, strong and light, and are the proverbial feather in the cap of a remarkable cross country mountain bike design.
- High-Modulus Carbon Fiber frame with tapered head tube and BB92 bottom bracket
- Fox 32 Float 29 O/C CTD fork with 100mm of travel and a 15mm thru-axle design
- Shimano XT 2x10 drivetrain with a 38/24 XT crankset and Shadow Plus Design XT rear derailleur
- Shimano XT hydraulic brakes with 180/160 rotors
- Oval Concepts aluminum handlebar, stem and seatpost
- WTB Phase TCS i19 29" wheels and WTB Nano tires are tubeless ready
2013 Breezer Cloud 9 Team Mountain Bike
- bottom bracket:
- Shimano BB92 Press-Fit Bearing System
- Shimano Deore XT Hydraulic Disc Brake, 180mm Front, 160mm Rear
- Shimano HG-81 10-Speed, 11-36T
- KMC X10
- Shimano Deore XT 10-Speed, Hollowtech II, 38-24T
- Fox 32 Float 29 O/C CTD, 1.5" Taper Steerer, 15QR Axle, 100mm Travel
- High-Modulus Carbon Fiber, Joe Breeze D'Fusion Tube Shaping, Tapered Head Tube, BB92 Press-Fit Bottom Bracket
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Deore XT 10-Speed, Direct Mount
- Breezer Silicone Race Grips
- Oval Concepts 650, 7050 Aluminum, 31.8, 710mm Wide, +/- 5mm Rise, 9° Sweep
- FSA Orbit 1 1/8"-1 1/2", Fully Integrated, 36° ACB-Sealed, 7.8mm Aluminum Top Cover
- Shimano Deore XT Hydraulic Disc Brake
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Deore XT 10-Speed, SGS, Shadow Plus Design
- rear shock:
- WTB Volt, Ti/Cro Tubular Rail
- Oval Concepts 600, 3D-Forged 2014 Aluminum, 31.6mm
- Shimano Deore XT 20-Speed, I-Spec
- Oval Concepts 613, 3D-Forged 7050 Aluminum, 31.8, 6°/84°
- WTB Nano 29x2.1" TCS (Tubeless-Ready)
- WTB Phase TCS i19 29" (Tubeless-Ready)
You May Also Like
- 2013 Breezer Cloud 9 Elite Mountain Bike Our Price: $5,320.00 SALE: $3,989.99