SPECIAL OFFERTotally Free Shipping and Assembly When Shipped To Store See details
Breezer Lightning 29 Team 29er Mountain Bike - 2013The Breezer Lightning 29 Team mountain bike is the best of old and new worlds. A classic Breezer hydroformed chromoly frame and Reba 29 RL fork, outfitted with a Shimano XT 2x10 drivetrain for lightweight speed, is finished off with a tuxedo black and white paint job.
Steel is as genuine as it gets. Steel and cycling's history have been intertwined since the first bicycles appeared on the scene around 200 years ago. Today, having a steel framed road bike is coveted among cyclists, where a cyclist's beat up steel trail bike is emotionally more valuable than their carbon race bike. However, the best of both worlds is preferred, where you take a gorgeous steel frame and outfit it with the best of today's technology. Breezer thought so too and thus the Lightning 29 was born. The process of hydroforming allows the frame's steel material to be shaped and moved to where it is needed the most for the benefit of enhanced stiffness and durability. The bottom bracket is oversized to leverage the Press-Fit BB92 design of the modern age. The BB92 design is lighter than using an external cup design by simply removing the need for external cups. A Rock Reba 29 RL 29er fork handles any cross country obstacle with ease. 100mm of travel and a standard 9mm QR means that it is simple to upgrade to a new wheel set if needed.
The Lightning 29 Team is built with Shimano SLX/XT components. The 38/24 XT silver 2x10 crankset is race optimized and features increased driving efficiency by utilizing CloseStep ratios to maintain momentum. The SLX I-Spec shift levers, which shave weight by unifying the shifter and brake band clamps for clean, uncluttered cockpit setup, are of course matched to a set of powerful SLX brakes with 180/160mm rotors.
Finally, the 2013 Breezer Lightning 29 Team is outfitted with Oval Concepts components, a WTB Volt saddle and wheels. The WTB Frequency i19 TCS rims are tubeless ready and laced to Shimano Deore XT hubs. WTB Bronson 2.2" tires are equally tubeless ready and supply a great balance of low rolling resistance and firm sidewall grip.
- Breezer D'Fusion Hydroformed Custom-Butted Heat-Treated Chromoly frame
- Rock Shox Reba 29 RL fork with a 9mm QR, Lockout, and 100mm of Travel
- Shimano SLX/XT 2x10 drivetrain with a 38/24 XT crankset and Shadow Design XT rear derailleur
- WTB Frequency Race i19 TCS 29" Rims (tubeless ready) and Deore XT hubs with WTB Bronson 2.2" tires
Breezer Lightning 29 Team 29er Mountain Bike - 2013
- bottom bracket:
- Shimano BB92 Press-Fit Bearing System
- Shimano SLX Hydraulic Disc Brake, 180mm Front, 160mm Rear
- Shimano HG-62 10-Speed, 11-36T
- KMC X10
- Shimano Deore XT 10-Speed, Hollowtech II, 38-24T
- Rock Shox Reba 29 RL, 9mm QR, Lockout, 100mm Travel
- Breezer D'Fusion Hydroformed Custom-Butted Heat-Treated Chromoly, Custom-Machined Integrated Head Tube, BB92 Press-Fit Bottom Bracket
- front derailleur:
- Shimano SLX 10-Speed, 28.6mm
- Oval Concepts 600 Locking Grips
- Oval Concepts 650, 7050 Aluminum, 31.8, 710mm Wide, +/- 5mm Rise, 9° Sweep
- FSA IS-3 1 1/8", Fully Integrated, 36° ACB-Sealed, 9mm Aluminum Top Cover
- Shimano SLX Hydraulic Disc Brake
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Deore XT 10-Speed, SGS, Shadow Design
- rear shock:
- WTB Volt, Chromoly Rail
- Oval Concepts 600, 3D-Forged 2014 Aluminum, 27.2mm
- Shimano SLX 20-Speed, I-Spec
- Oval Concepts 213, 3D-Forged 6061 Aluminum, 31.8, 7°/83°
- WTB Bronson 29x2.2" Race
- Breezer Aluminum 9mm Thru-Axle 32H 6-Bolt Front/Shimano Deore XT 32H Centerlock Rear, WTB Frequency Race i19 TCS 29" Rims (Tubeless-Ready)