SPECIAL OFFERTotally Free Shipping and Assembly When Shipped To Store See details
Fuji Altamira SL 1.1 Road Bike - 2014Not content to rest on their laurels, Fuji took their Grand Tour winning Altamira and shaved every possible square gram they could without sacrificing safety or performance. The result is a bike that is as light (claimed 15.01 lbs) as it is crammed full of technology advantages: Shimano Dura-Ace 9070 electronic drivetrain, Oval 900 series carbon components and W946 full carbon clinchers, plus Fuji's ultra, high-modulus, high compaction C15 carbon frame and FC-330 carbon fork. The 2014 Fuji Altamira SL 1.1 road bike is simply breathtaking.
About the Frame: Fuji started off by looking at the Altamira frame, and made a few adjustments. They created it using C15 carbon fiber, and their revolutionary high compaction molding process. What this new process does is basically eliminate wrinkles and squeeze out every spare drop of epoxy. This makes for a denser, more consistent and lighter weight carbon layup than is usually found on bikes. They also looked at tube shape and thickness, tapering the top tube near the seat tube junction to save weight in low-stress areas. But this isn't some willowy, flimsy bike. The BB86 bottom bracket shell and oversized 1-1/8" -- 1-1/2" headtube give rigidity and mass to areas that need extra material and reinforcement. The Fork is a FC-330 carbon monocoque with an oversized, tapered full carbon steerer tube for optimal stiffness and handling. The rake provides a level of handling that is impressively responsive without being twitchy or pushing you to the limits of comfort.
About the Drivetrain: A high-performance frame like the Fuji Altamira SL 1.1 deserves top-shelf components, so Fuji spec'd the it with the new Shimano Dura-Ace 11-speed Di2 group. Di2 electronic shifting makes gear changes smooth, precise and effortless. The system features an automatic trimming front derailleur that eliminates chain rub and adjustable-reach levers that can be dialed in to fit any rider's hands perfectly. Wiring is routed through the frame for a clean, uncluttered look and good aerodynamics. The Di2 system is powered by a lithium battery that has a guaranteed range of 1,250 miles. It lets you know when you're running low on juice and it recharges fully in just 90 minutes.
About the Components: To deliver on their promise of a SuperLight bike though, Fuji had to do more than just find a lightweight groupset and pioneer a new carbon layup process. They needed wheels that could leave some grams on the table while still being stiff and lightweight. They turned to their partners at Oval to create a pair of ultra-lightweight full carbon clincher wheels. Equipped with Vittoria Open Corsa CX tires (320 TPI), this is one of the lightest wheel sets you'll tire spec'd on a bike anywhere.
Rounding out the package are a pair of Oval carbon fiber handle bars, an Oval carbon fiber seatpost, and a lightweight carbon matrix stem. If keep the weight to a minimum and flying up the mountains is your only goal, then the Fuji Altamira SL 1.1 is the only bike for you.
- Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
- C15 high compaction carbon fiber frame is super lightweight, stiff and responsive
- Full carbon monocoque fork delivers responsive, nimble handling
- Shimano Dura-Ace 9070 electronic 22-speed components deliver excellent shifting performance and are ultra lightweight
- Low weight Oval W946 full carbon fiber clinchers keep the gram count to a minimum and add a 46mm aero profile advantage
Fuji Altamira SL 1.1 Road Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Shimano Dura-Ace press-fit BB86 sealed bearing
- Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Shimano Dura-Ace 9000, 11-25T, 11-speed
- Shimano Dura-Ace 9000, 11-speed
- Shimano Dura-Ace 9000, 52/36T, 11-speed
- FC-330 carbon monocoque w/ tapered carbon steerer & carbon dropout
- C15 ultra high-modulus carbon w/ High Compaction Molding System, integrated head tube w/ 1 1/2" lower, oversized PIIS BB86 shell, double water bottle mounts
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9070, braze-on mount
- Oval 300 suede-padded tape
- Oval R910 carbon, 31.8mm
- FSA Orbit C-40, 1 1/8" upper - 1 1/2" lower, integrated w/ carbon top cover
- Shimano Dura-Ace STI Di2 9070
- rack mounts:
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9070, 11-speed
- Oval R900 w/ carbon rails
- Oval 950, carbon 31.6mm x 350mm
- Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9070 STI, 22-speed
- Oval 913 carbon matrix 3D-forged 7050 alloy, 31.8mm, +/- 6 degrees
- Vittoria Open Corsa CX, 320 tpi, 700c x 23mm
- Oval W946 full-carbon clincher, 46mm rim - 700c