SPECIAL OFFERTotally Free Shipping and Assembly When Shipped To Store See details
Fuji Outland 29 1.1 D 29er Mountain Bike - 2014The Fuji Outland series was designed for high-powered, XC 29er performance. The Fuji Outland 29 1.1 mountain bike pulls out all the stops for 2014, featuring an ultra-light aluminum frame, FSR suspension design, and components from Shimano, Fox Racing and Schwalbe.
Frame and Suspension: Every great XC bike begins with a sound frame and suspension design. For the Outland, Fuji utilized their proprietary Altair A6 SL aluminum tubing on an FSR suspension platform. Made of 6066 aluminum, Altair 6 has a high yield value (increased strength), and an ultra-light, butted tube profile that boasts increased wall thicknesses in high-stress areas and shaves material where it's not needed. The result is a ride with a spritely-feel, but doesn't compromise on strength, rigidity and agility. Thanks to the FSR suspension, the Outland delivers more control, comfort and efficiency to every ride by isolating chain torque and brake loads. The FSR design is independent of brake forces, so it's free to compress and rebound over terrain features whether you're braking or not; allowing the tires to maintain contact with the ground a greater percentage of the time. The rear brake and drivetrain are decoupled on "floating" seatstays, keeping the FSR suspension active under braking to provide maximum control when it's most needed. Maximum control means greater traction. Finally, the FSR drivetrain is independent of the suspension, so pedal stroke is not affected. Chain torque won't engage the suspension, so as a rider puts effort into the pedals the bike will propel forward, not up and down.
Shocks: The Outland 1.1 is equipped with a Fox fork and rear shock. Fox is widely recognized as a leader in fork design and performance. The Fox Float 32 CTD Evolution 29er fork features 100mm of travel, a tapered head tube and a 15QR thru-axle design. While the name is a complex mouthful, the design couldn't have been made easier for any rider to use. Forks in general have become over-complicated to tune. Lockout, rebound, preload, both high speed and low speed compression; it can be overwhelming. The new CTD design (Climb, Trail, and Descend) utilizes one lever to quickly switch the compression to the ideal setting. The Climb setting adds low-speed compression to diminish bobbing when standing on the pedals. Trail mode presents moderate low speed compression to balance efficiency and the Descend setting features the ideal blend of high and low speed compression for plush action on steep and aggressive sections of trail. The Fox Float Evolution CTD rear shock supplies air spring pressure, the same customization as the fork, plus an independent rebound adjust.
Drivetrain: A custom mix of Shimano SLX/XT components are race ready and incredibly efficient. The 38/24 SLX 2x10 crankset is race optimized and features a lighter weight thanks to the Hollowtech II design. The SLX shift levers are of course matched to a set of powerful SLX M675 hydraulic disc brakes with 180/160mm rotors. Finally, the Shadow Plus construction of the XT rear derailleur avoids trail snagging and keeps shifting performance consistent.
Components: The static handlebar, stem and seatpost components are brought to you by Oval Concepts. Oval has specialized in high-end parts and wheels for many years. Fuji paid close attention to the details required to execute a great cross country race machine. The Oval M713 stem has a slight 6 degree rise, while the 710mm wide M650 handlebar is flat as a pancake and features a 9-degree sweep. This combination puts your body and weight further forward on the bike. The end result is better handling and more control over obstacles. Sun Inferno 25 29" rims are laced with SLX hubs. The Inferno/SLX combinations are outfitted with Schwalbe Nobby Nic 29x2.25 tubeless ready tires. Don't let the name fool you. The Nobby Nic's, while indeed knobby, are the perfect everyman tire. They provide supreme traction by spacing the knobs out, which creates enough void space for soft soil and increases the tire's mud-shedding capabilities.
- Proprietary A6-SL alloy frame, custom-butted, semi-integrated tapered headtube and FSR suspension design
- Fox 32 FLOAT 29 Evolution CTD fork and Fox Float Evolution CTD rear shock are race ready
- Shimano SLX/XT drivetrain is custom equipped for lightweight and high efficiency
- Oval Components supply strength and durability to every ride
Fuji Outland 29 1.1 D 29er Mountain Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Shimano BB91 press-fit
- Shimano SLX M675, hydraulic disc, 180mm/160mm rotor
- Shimano Deore HG62, 11-36T, 10-speed
- KMC X10, 10-speed
- Shimano SLX, M675 hollow Tech II w/ integrated spindle, 38/24T
- Fox 32 FLOAT 29 Evolution CTD w/ 15mm thru axle, tapered alloy steerer, 100mm travel
- A6-SL alloy, custom-butted, semi-integrated tapered headset w/ 1.5" lower bearing, hydroformed top and down tube
- front derailleur:
- Shimano SLX, M676, high direct mount
- Oval dual-density Kraton, lock-on
- Oval M650, alloy riser bar, 9° sweep, 31.8mm diameter, 710mm wide, +/- 5mm rise
- FSA 1 1/8" - 1.5", sealed cartridge bearings
- Shimano SLX M675 hydraulic disc w/ Inspec
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Deore XT, M786 SGS Shadow plus, 10-speed
- rear shock:
- Fox Float Evolution CTD
- Oval M600 w/ hollow CrMo rails
- Oval M750, alloy double-bolt micro-adjust, 31.6mm x 350mm
- Shimano SLX, M670 Rapid Fire, 20/30-speed
- Oval M713, 3D-forged alloy, 31.8mm clamp diameter, 6° rise
- Schwalbe Nobby Nic, 29" x 2.25" folding, 67 tpi
- Shimano SLX M678 32H Center Lock disc hubs, Sun Inferno 25 rims