2014 GT Force Carbon Expert 27.5" Mountain Bike2014 GT Force Carbon Expert 27.5" Mountain Bike With the 2014 Force and Sensor models, GT launches an all-new AOS system and design philosophy that makes the already popular Independent Drivetrain suspension even better. Incredible technology and the latest in cycling innovation and mountain biking philosophy intersect on the 2014 GT Force Carbon Expert 27.5" Mountain Bike. By making the Force and Sensor 27.5"/650b, GT is able to leverage the best of both the 29er and 26er worlds into one tight package. The Force Carbon Expert version comes ready to roll with everything you'd expect from a high performance, all-mountain rig: an FOC ultra carbon frame with 150mm of travel, 12x142 maxle, Rock Shox front and Fox Racing rear suspension, Shimano SLX and Kore components, Formula brakes and WTB ST i23 TCS 650b wheels.
The idea behind the Force design begins with what GT calls it's C.O.R. philosophy. "At GT, we know that no two riders are the same. Everyone has their own unique personality and style of riding," says Tim Inall, GT Global General Manager. "That's why, this year, we're here to redefine the ride. GT's new C.O.R. approach means that we build bikes to specifically fit the needs of the rider, whether he or she is looking to race the clock in a DH race or attack singletrack on a trail ride." Click here for more details about C.O.R. Essentially, with a short stem, wide bars, and a long front center geometry you have the control that you need when descending. The Force is incredibly capable when it comes to massive close encounters with obstacles, or on terrain that can change dramatically during a single ride. Plus, the Force has a "roomy" feel on climbs; that translates into confidence, so you can comfortably ride your bike all over the mountain.
The Force FOC ultra frame is at the heart of the Force design. The fabrication process results in minimal flex during pedaling and steering. The force optimized frame has a tapered head tube for maximum stiffness under load. GT's traditional, proven and patented Independent Drivetrain suspension, like the name suggests, operates independently of the drivetrain to minimize pedal bob. The result is a smoother, faster ride that does not compromise on efficiency. It is inherently simple, so set up and maintenance are simple as well. However, specific to the 27.5" wheel design is the all-new AOS system. AOS features optimized bump compliance, delivers more efficient pedaling and decreases the angle of response. The result delivers the pedaling performance of I-Drive, an optimized the bottom bracket path, controlled chain growth and it minimalizes unwanted pedal feedback. Click here to learn more about AOS.
A Rock Shox Revelation RL Solo Air was chosen to handle the fork duties. The Solo Air design lets you add air to your forks through a single Schrader valve, filling both the positive and negative air spring chambers simultaneously. So they're always in perfect equilibrium. It gives you a plush, predictable ride you can set up in seconds, with the lightest weight air spring on the market. Finally, the Fox Racing Shox Float CTD rear shock features a Boost Valve, lockout and rebound adjust. You can customize the sensitivity to each and every trail you encounter.
The Force Carbon Expert is built with Shimano SLX/XT components. The triple SLX 40/30/22 3x10 crankset is durable enough to take trail impact while keeping the overall weight manageable. The SLX Rapid Fire shift levers deliver crisp response and are matched to a set of Formula T1 brakes with 180 rotors. The Shadow Plus construction of the XT direct mount rear derailleur avoids trail snagging and keeps shifting performance consistent.
Finally, the Force is outfitted with Kore components. This set-it and forget-it handlebar and stem provide strength and dependability in even the rockiest terrain. For all-mountain style riding, you want your components to handle the task at hand without giving them much thought. A set of 760mm Kore Mega bars are the perfect compromise between having descending confidence and being able to navigate through tight spaces without snagging your bars on an outstretched branch.
- Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
- FOC Ultra carbon frame, 150mm ID suspension system with forged linkage
- Rock Shox Revelation RL fork with lockout and rebound adjust, 150mm travel
- Fox Racing Shox Float CTD BV rear shock with adjust
- Shimano SLX 3x10 drivetrain with Formula T1 hydraulic brakes
- WTB ST i23 TCS 650b Wheelset with 15QR and 12x142 maxle thru-axle
- Kore handlebar and stem components with 760mm width bar
- Lightweight Fizik Gobi XM Mg saddle
2014 GT Force Carbon Expert 27.5" Mountain Bike
- bottom bracket:
- Formula T1S, w/180mm Rotor F/R
- Shimano CS-HG81-10, 10-Speed, 11-36T
- KMC X10
- Shimano SLX, FC-M672, 40/30/22T, 3 x 10
- RockShox Revelation RL Solo Air 27.5, 150mm Travel,15 x 100mm Maxle, w/Rebound Adjust, Lockout, and Tapered Alloy Steerer
- COR All Mountain Philosophy, FOC Ultra Carbon Frame, 150mm Travel Independent Drivetrain Suspension System w/Forged Linkage, Pivots, 1.5" to 1 1/8" Integrated Head Tube, and 12 x 142mm Maxle Dropouts
- front derailleur:
- Shimano SLX, FD-M671A-D
- GT Statement Single Lock-On Grips
- Kore Mega AL7050 TB, 760mm
- Orbit C-40-ACB
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Deore XT Shadow Plus, Direct Mount, RD-M786-D
- rear shock:
- Fox Racing Shox Float CTD BV Adjust, 7.5" x 2" Air Shock, w/Rebound Adjust and Lockout
- Fizik Gobi XM Mg
- KS LEV Integra, 34.9mm, w/Remote
- Shimano SLX, SL-M670, Rapid Fire
- Kore Cubix, 1-1/8" Threadless, 6° Rise, 31.8mm Clamp, 80mm
- Continental Trail King ProTection 27.5" x 2.4",Folding Bead F/R
- WTB ST i23 TCS 650b, 32H, HUBS: (F) All Terra Tall Flange Alloy, Sealed Bearing, Disc, 15 x 100mm Thru Axle, (R) All Terra Tall Flange Alloy, 4 Sealed Bearing, Disc, Cassette, 12 x 142mm Thru Axle