2014 GT Force Carbon Pro 27.5" Mountain Bike
Rated 4.5 Out of 5 Stars on Bike Radar! Click here to Read the Review.Incredible technology and the latest in cycling innovation and mountain biking philosophy intersect on the 2014 GT Force Carbon Pro 27.5" Mountain Bike. With the 2014 Force and Sensor models, GT launches an all-new AOS system and design philosophy that makes the already popular Independent Drivetrain suspension even better. By making the Force and Sensor 27.5"/650b, GT is able to leverage the best of both the 29er and 26er worlds into one tight package. The Force Carbon Pro version comes with all of the bells and whistles that you'd expect from a high performance, all-mountain rig: an FOC ultra carbon frame with 150mm of travel, 12x142 maxle, Fox Racing front and rear suspension, Shimano Deore XT and RaceFace Turbine components, Formula brakes and burly eThirteen TRS wheels.
The idea behind the Force design begins with what GT calls it's C.O.R. philosophy. "At GT, we know that no two riders are the same. Everyone has their own unique personality and style of riding," says Tim Inall, GT Global General Manager. "That's why, this year, we're here to redefine the ride. GT's new C.O.R. approach means that we build bikes to specifically fit the needs of the rider, whether he or she is looking to race the clock in a DH race or attack singletrack on a trail ride." Click here for more details about C.O.R. Essentially, with a short stem, wide bars, and a long front center geometry you have the control that you need when descending. The Force is incredibly capable when it comes to massive close encounters with obstacles, or on terrain that can change dramatically during a single ride. Plus, the Force has a "roomy" feel on climbs; that translates into confidence, so you can comfortably ride your bike all over the mountain.
The Force FOC ultra frame is at the heart of the Force design. The fabrication process results in minimal flex during pedaling and steering. The force optimized frame has a tapered head tube for maximum stiffness under load. GT's traditional, proven and patented Independent Drivetrain suspension, like the name suggests, operates independently of the drivetrain to minimize pedal bob. The result is a smoother, faster ride that does not compromise on efficiency. It is inherently simple, so set up and maintenance are simple as well. However, specific to the 27.5" wheel design is the all-new AOS system. AOS features optimized bump compliance, delivers more efficient pedaling and decreases the angle of response. The result delivers the pedaling performance of I-Drive, an optimized the bottom bracket path, controlled chain growth and it minimalizes unwanted pedal feedback. Click here to learn more about AOS.
Fox is widely recognized as a leader in fork and rear shock design and performance. The Force Carbon Pro features a Fox 34 Float FIT CTD 27.5" fork with 150mm of travel, FIT damper, lockout and rebound adjust, a tapered head tube and a 15QR thru-axle design. While the CTD name is a convoluted mouthful, the design couldn't have been made easier for any rider to use. Forks in general have become over-complicated to tune. Lockout, rebound, preload, both high speed and low speed compression -- it can be overwhelming. The new CTD design (Climb, Trail, and Descend) utilizes one lever to quickly switch the compression to the ideal setting. The Climb setting adds low-speed compression to diminish bobbing when standing on the pedals. Trail mode presents moderate low speed compression to balance efficiency and the Descend setting features the ideal blend of high and low speed compression for plush action on steep and aggressive sections of trail. Finally, the Fox Racing Shox Float CTD rear shock features a Boost Valve, lockout and rebound adjust. You can customize the sensitivity to each and every trail you encounter.
The Force Carbon Pro is built with Shimano XT components. The triple 40/30/22 XT 3x10 crankset is race optimized and features increased driving efficiency by utilizing CloseStep ratios to maintain momentum. The XT Rapid Fire shift levers deliver crisp response and are matched to a set of Formula T1 brakes with 180 rotors. The Shadow Plus construction of the XT direct mount rear derailleur avoids trail snagging and keeps shifting performance consistent.
Finally, the Force is outfitted with Race Face components. Race Face designed their Turbine lineup to be set-it and forget-it. For all-mountain style riding, you want your components to handle the task at hand without giving them much thought. To this, Race Face succeeded and the 760mm wide bars are the perfect compromise between having descending confidence and being able to navigate through tight spaces without snagging your bars on an outstretched branch.
- Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
- FOC Ultra carbon frame, 150mm ID suspension system with forged linkage
- Fox 34 float 27.5" CTD FIT fork with adjust, 150mm travel
- Fox Racing Shox Float CTD BV rear shock with adjust
- Shimano XT 3x10 drivetrain with Formula T1 hydraulic brakes
- e.thirteen TRS + Alloy 650b Wheelset with 15QR and 12x142 maxle thru-axle
- RaceFace Turbine components with 760mm width bar
- Lightweight Fizik Gobi XM Mg saddle
2014 GT Force Carbon Pro 27.5" Mountain Bike
- bottom bracket:
- Formula T1, w/180mm Alloy Carrier Rotor F/R
- Shimano Deore XT, CS-M771-10, 10-Speed, 11-36T
- KMC X10
- Shimano Deore XT, FC-M782, 40/30/22T, 3x10
- Fox 34 float 27.5" CTD FIT with adjust, 150mm travel, 15 QR, with FIT damper, lockout and rebound adjust, tapered steerer
- FOC Ultra carbon frame, 150mm ID suspension system with forged linkage, pivots, 1.5" to 1.25" tapered integrated headtube, and 12x142mm Maxle rear dropout
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Deore XT, FD-M781-D
- GT Statement Single Lock-On Grips
- RaceFace Turbine, 760mm Width, 1/2" Rise
- Orbit C-40-ACB
- Formula T1, w/TFRA and FCS
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Deore XT Shadow Plus, Direct Mount, RD-M786-D
- rear shock:
- Fox Racing Shox Float CTD BV with adjust, 7.5" x 2" air shock, with lockout and rebound adjust
- Fizik Gobi XM Mg
- RockShox Reverb Stealth, 34.9mm, clamp: All Terra Alloy Bolt-On, 38.1mm
- Shimano Deore XT, SL-M780, Rapid Fire
- RaceFace Turbine, 1-1/8" Threadless, 6° Rise, 31.8mm Clamp, 60mm
- Continental Trail King ProTection 27.5" x 2.4", Folding Bead F/R
- (F) e.thirteen TRS + Alloy 650b Wheelset, 15x100mm Thru Axle, (R) e.thirteen TRS + Alloy 650b Wheelset, 12 x 142mm Thru Axle