SPECIAL OFFERTotally Free Shipping and Assembly When Shipped To Store See details
GT Sensor Expert 27.5" Mountain Bike - 2014If you love going up the trail as much as coming down it, the GT Sensor series is perfect for you. Incredible technology and the latest in cycling innovation and mountain biking philosophy intersect on the 2014 GT Sensor Expert 27.5" Mountain Bike. With the 2014 Force and Sensor models, GT launches an all-new AOS system and design philosophy that makes the already popular Independent Drivetrain suspension even better. By making both the Force and Sensor 27.5"/650b, GT is able to leverage the best of both the 29er and 26er worlds into one tight package. The Sensor Expert version comes ready to roll with everything you'd expect from a high performance, trail rig: a 6069 Hydroformed Aluminum Frame with 130mm of travel, 12x142 maxle dropouts, Rock Shox front and Fox Racing rear suspension, a Shimano SLX/Deore drivetrain, Race Face and Kore components, Formula brakes and WTB ST i23 TCS 650b wheels.
The idea behind the Sensor design begins with what GT calls it's C.O.R. philosophy. "At GT, we know that no two riders are the same. Everyone has their own unique personality and style of riding," says Tim Inall, GT Global General Manager. "That's why, this year, we're here to redefine the ride. GT's new C.O.R. approach means that we build bikes to specifically fit the needs of the rider, whether he or she is looking to race the clock in a DH race or attack singletrack on a trail ride." Click here for more details about C.O.R. Essentially, with a short stem, wide bars, and a long front center geometry you have the control that you need when descending. The Sensor is designed for the aggressive trail rider who is ripping singletrack, occasionally testing their race skills, or managing their way through an endurance race. With a long front center geometry, shorter stem and wider bars, you will have all of the control you need on descents, without compromising the ability to climb. A 3x10 drivetrain, 180mm disc rotors and premium suspension give this bike the ability to attack a wide range of trail environments.
About the Frame: The 6069 aluminum frame is at the heart of the Sensor design. Hydromforming allows the designer the flexibility to move the aluminum material around the frame to reinforce and thin out specific areas on the frame. GT's traditional, proven and patented Independent Drivetrain suspension, like the name suggests, operates independently of the drivetrain to minimize pedal bob. The result is a smoother, faster ride that does not compromise on efficiency. It is inherently simple, so set up and maintenance are simple as well. However, specific to the 27.5" wheel design is the all-new AOS system. The system features optimized bump compliance, delivers more efficient pedaling and decreases the angle of response. The result delivers the pedaling performance of I-Drive, an optimized the bottom bracket path, controlled chain growth and it minimalizes unwanted pedal feedback.
About the Suspension: A Rock Shox Sektor Gold RL Solo Air was chosen to handle the fork duties. The Solo Air design lets you add air to your forks through a single Schrader valve, filling both the positive and negative air spring chambers simultaneously. So they're always in perfect equilibrium. It gives you a plush, predictable ride you can set up in seconds, with the lightest weight air spring on the market. The fork features both rebound adjust and lockout, and a 15x100mm thru-axle. Finally, the Fox Racing Shox Float CTD rear shock features a Boost Valve, lockout and rebound adjust. You can customize the sensitivity to each and every trail you encounter.
About the Components: The Sensor Expert is built with Shimano SLX/Deore components. The Race Face Ride 42/32/22 3x10 crankset is durable enough to take trail impact while keeping the overall weight manageable. The SLX Rapid Fire shift levers deliver crisp response and are matched to a set of Formula RX brakes with 180 rotors. The Shadow Plus construction of the SLX direct mount rear derailleur avoids trail snagging and keeps shifting performance consistent.
Finally, the Sensor is outfitted with Kore components and a KindShock Lev Integra dropper seatpost with remote and 125mm of travel. The set-it and forget-it Kore handlebar and stem provide strength and dependability in even the rockiest terrain. For all-mountain style riding, you want your components to handle the task at hand without giving them much thought. A set of 740mm Kore Durox bars are the perfect compromise between having descending confidence and being able to navigate through tight spaces without snagging your bars on an outstretched branch.
- Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
- 6069 Hydroformed Aluminum Frame, 130mm Travel Independent Drivetrain AOS Suspension System
- RockShox Sektor Gold RL 27.5 Solo Air, 130mm Travel, 15 x 100mm Maxle, w/Lockout & Rebound Adjust
- Fox Racing Shox Float CTD BV rear shock with rebound adjust and lockout
- Shimano SLX, Deore and Race Face 3x10 drivetrain with Formula RX hydraulic brakes
- WTB ST i23 TCS 650b Wheelset with 15QR and 12x142 maxle thru-axle
- Kore handlebar and stem components with 740mm width bar
- Lightweight Fizik Tundra2 Mg saddle
GT Sensor Expert 27.5" Mountain Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Formula RX, w/180mm Rotor
- Shimano CS-HG81-10, 10-Speed, 11-36T
- KMC X10
- RaceFace Ride, 42/32/22T, 3 x 10
- RockShox Sektor Gold RL 27.5 Solo Air, 130mm Travel,15 x 100mm Maxle, w/Lockout & Rebound Adjust, Tapered Alloy Steerer
- COR Trail Philosophy, 6069 Hydroformed Aluminum Frame, 130mm Travel Independent Drivetrain AOS Suspension System w/Forged Linkage, Pivots,1 1/8" -1 1/2" Integrated Head Tube, and 12 x 142mm Maxle Dropouts
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Deore, FD-M611-D
- GT Statement Single Lock-on Grips
- Kore Durox AL6061 DB, 740mm
- Orbit C-40-ACB
- Formula RX w/TFRA and FCS
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano SLX Shadow Plus, Direct Mount, RD-M675-D
- rear shock:
- Fox Racing Shox Float CTD BV, 7.25" x 1.75" Air Shock, w/Rebound Adjust and Lockout
- Fizik Tundra2 mg
- KS LEV Integra w/Remote, 34.9mm, 125mm Drop
- Shimano SLX, SL-M670, Rapid Fire
- Kore Cubix, 1-1/8" Threadless, 6° Rise, 31.8mm Clamp, 80mm
- (F) Continental X-King 27.5" x 2.4", Folding, (R) Continental X-King 27.5" x 2.2", Folding
- WTB ST i23 TCS 650B, 32H, HUBS: (F) All Terra High Flange Alloy Disc, Sealed Bearing,15 x 100mm Thru Axle, (R) All Terra High Flange Alloy Cassette Disc, Sealed Bearing, 12 x 142mm Thru Axle
You May Also Like
- GT Sensor Carbon Expert 27.5" Mountain Bike - 2014 Our Price: $3,299.00 SALE: $2,999.00
- GT Force Carbon Expert 27.5" Mountain Bike - 2014 Our Price: $3,499.00 SALE: $3,299.00
- GT Force Carbon Pro 27.5" Mountain Bike - 2014 Our Price: $3,999.00 SALE: $3,799.00