SPECIAL OFFERTOTALLY FREE SHIPPING and ASSEMBLY When Shipped To Store See details
GT Zaskar Comp 29er Mountain Bike - 2014The Zaskar is one of the longest running models in mountain bike history. The reason for its longevity and continued success is in its simplicity. The patented Triple Triangle design has proven to be resilient and is outfitted every year with the latest and greatest components like you see on the 2014 GT Zaskar 9R Comp mountain bike.
GT's aluminum version of the Zaskar is made from GT Speed Metal, a light-weight construction designed to be light enough so you can climb quickly and descend comfortably. Hydroformed tubes are reshaped to direct material where it's needed most, allowing the frame to exhibit superior strength-to-weight characteristics. The gussets, or where the tubes are welded together, give added support during extra intensity for your added security.
A hardtail's performance can be beholden to its fork. The Zaskar 9R Comp is outfitted with a Rock Shox 30 Gold TK 29 Solo Airfork with 100mm of travel. This fork is well known for an extremely durable spring system called Solo Air. The positive and negative air spring chambers are simultaneously filled to equal air pressures through a single Schrader valve, simplifying suspension setup while retaining a light weight and plush ride quality. Rock Shox Motion Control chews up climbs with incredible efficiency while the patented lockout blow-off valve and threshold control immediately absorb any bumps along the way.
The Zaskar 9R Comp is a competent mixture of great brands including Shimano, All Terra and Formula. The 38/24 Deore 2x10 crankset is performance optimized and features a lighter weight thanks to the Hollowtech II design. The Deore shift levers, which feature easy to use Rapid Fire tech, are matched to a set of FormulaC1 hydraulic disc brakes with 180/160mm rotors. Finally, the Shadow Plus construction of the SLX rear derailleur avoids trail snagging and keeps shifting performance consistent.
Not all 29er hardtails were created equal. The high level of technology and design execution of the GT Zaskar 9R Comp mountain bike will keep you moving over and through terrain with excellent handling, control and speed.
- Exclusively Available to Ship to Any Retail Location
- GT Speed Metal alloy Hydroformed frame with heavy duty Triple Triangle design
- RockShox 30 Gold TK 29 Solo Air fork with 100mm of Travel and handlebar PopLoc remote lockout
- Shimano Deore/SLX drivetrain features 38/24 2x10 gearing
- Potent Formula C1 hydraulic brakes
- Continental Race King tires are versatile and grip tight corners superbly
GT Zaskar Comp 29er Mountain Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Formula C1, Hydraulic Disc
- Shimano CS-HG62-10, 11-36T, 10-Speed
- KMC X10
- Shimano Deore, FC-M615, 38/24T, 2x10
- RockShox 30 Gold TK 29 Solo Air, 100mm Travel, w/Rebound Adjust, PopLoc Remote Lockout, and Tapered Alloy Steerer
- GT Speed Metal ¨ Alloy Hydroformed(TT,DT,CS), Triple Triangle ¨ Frame Construction, w/Post Mount Disc Brake, Replaceable Derailleur Hanger, Forged BB, HT, Dropouts, Tapered 1 1/8" to 1 1/2" HT w/9R Specific Geometry
- front derailleur:
- Info Not Available
- GT Statement
- Kore XCD-R1, 6061 Aluminum DB, 13mm Rise, 710mm Width
- FSA No.42E ACB, Integrated, 1.5" Lower, 1-1/8" Upper
- Formula C1
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano SLX Shadow Plus, RD-M675-GS
- rear shock:
- All Terra Colorado
- All Terra AL6061 w/Forged Head
- Shimano Deore, SL-M610, Rapid Fire
- Easton EA50, 1-1/8" Threadless, 8-degree Rise, 31.8mm Clamp
- Continental Race King 29" x 2.2", Folding Bead F/R
- Jalco XCD22, Double Wall, 32H
You May Also Like
- GT Sensor 9R 2.0 29er Mountain Bike - 2014 Performance Exclusive Our Price: $1,999.99 SALE: $1,699.99
- GT Sensor 9R 1.0 29er Mountain Bike - 2014 Performance Exclusive Our Price: $2,499.99 SALE: $1,899.99
- GT Zaskar 9r Elite 29er Mountain Bike - 2014 Our Price: $1,900.00 SALE: $1,899.99