SPECIAL OFFERTotally Free Shipping and Assembly When Shipped To Store See details
Fuji Gran Fondo 2.1 C Road Bike - 2014
If you're looking for a carbon fiber bike that has the chops to go fast, but with a geometry that'll keep you comfortable all-day long, then the Fuji Gran Fondo 2.1C is the bike you need. Using a longer head tube than a traditional race bike, about 10mm on a 55cm frame, the Gran Fondo creates a slightly more upright rider position in order to stave off upper body fatigue on longer rides. The longer wheel base make handling snappy, but predictable. Shimano Ultegra 11-speed and Oval Concept components add modern technology and maximum efficiency to a great all-around bike.
The Gran Fondo frame is made from Fuji's proprietary C5 high modulus carbon blend. High modulus is an engineering term which defines stiffness in fibers. Therefore, a high modulus frame has a stiffer blend of fibers which results in less flex and better transmission of power spent. Carbon fiber, used for much of its modern life in the aerospace industry, is a valuable high performance product for its lightweight, high temperature tolerance and low thermal expansion properties. The C5 frame is further refined with a Shimano press fit bottom bracket and tapered head tube. The larger press fit design allows Fuji to move the frame material around, thinning out the seat stays and strengthening the chain stays, which puts the carbon where it matters to you most. The tapered head tube stiffens the front end of the bike for better power transmission.
What really sets this bike head and shoulders above the rest though is the Shimano Ultegra 6800 11-speed drive train. The Ultegra 6800 lever have been completely reengineered, taking design cues from Dura-Ace 9000 and Ultegra 6770 Di2, and features Vivid Index technology that improves shifting feel and performance. The Shimano Ultegra brakes now offer a two-axle symmetric pivot design that tremendously improved modulation over their 6700-series predecessors. The all-new 11-speed Ultegra front derailleur features a long lever arm that reduces shifting effort while improving performance. The rear derailleur has been reengineered to not only accommodate 11-speed shifting, but it also takes about 13% less effort to initiate a shift, meaning cleaning and crisper shifting.
Oval Concepts 527 alloy clincher wheels give you a speed advantage without making you vulnerable to cross winds or sacrificing comfort. They are outfitted with Vittoria Zaffiro Pro tires that have a slick surface for low rolling resistance and a wider 25c profile for greater stability, especially while cornering. An R500 saddle with chromoly rails and a 905 carbon seat post add more comfort to an already relaxed and comfortable carbon performance road bike.
The Fuji Gran Fondo 2.1 C is meant to be enjoyed no matter your length of ride. While it is capable of high speed, you may never need it as you roll down the road in the quiet, zen-like comfort that we call riding a road bike.
- C5 high-modulus carbon frame, press fit bottom bracket and tapered head tube provide exceptional stiffness and acceleration
- Lightweight FC-440 carbon monocoque fork
- Shimano Ultegra components offer 22 speeds and comfortable compact gearing
- Light and durable Oval Concepts components
- Oval 527 aero alloy clincher wheels with responsive, low spoke counts and Vittoria tires
Fuji Gran Fondo 2.1 C Road Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Press-fit BB86 sealed bearing
- Shimano Ultegra
- Shimano Ultegra, 11-28T, 11-speed
- KMC X11L, 11-speed
- Oval 720 hollow forged alloy, 50/34T
- FC-440 carbon monocoque w/ tapered carbon steerer & carbon dropout
- C5 high-modulus carbon, integrated head tube w/ 1 1/2" lower, internal cable routing, oversized PIIS BB86 shell, double water bottle mounts, orged-alloy dropout with replaceable hanger
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Ultegra, braze-on mount
- Oval 300 suede-padded tape
- Oval 310 butted 6061 alloy, 31.8mm
- FSA Orbit C-40, 1 1/8" upper - 1 1/2" lower, integrated
- Shimano Ultegra STI
- rack mounts:
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed
- Oval R500 w/ chromoly hollow rails
- Oval 905, carbon 31.6mm x 350mm
- Shimano Ultegra STI shifter/brake combo, Flight Deck-compatible, 22-speed
- Oval 313 3D-forged 6061 alloy, 31.8mm, +/- 6 degrees
- Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Slick, 60 tpi, 700c x 25mm, folding
- Oval 527 aero alloy clincher, 20/24H sealed bearing hubs, stainless bladed spokes