SPECIAL OFFERTOTALLY FREE SHIPPING and ASSEMBLY When Shipped To Store See details
Diamondback Overdrive Comp 29er Mountain Bike - 2014 Performance ExclusiveThe Diamondback Overdrive Comp steps up 29er cross country riding with a refined drivetrain and capable suspension. There's no denying the rock crawling, root crushing power of a larger 29" wheel. Making the largest of obstacles the smallest of matters is a defining trait of these bikes. By offering decreased rolling resistance, increased traction when cornering and improved ground clearance, a 29er is sure to sway even the staunchest skeptic.
Here are some of the many benefits of a 29" wheel:
- Angle of Attack -- Larger wheels decrease your angle of attack by allowing you to roll over obstacles easier and faster. Bigger wheel = smaller obstacle.
- Momentum -- A larger wheel enables one to carry momentum easier though obstacles.
- Surface Contact -- 29"wheels are less prone to sinking in soft material such as sand and mud due to the larger contact patch causing lower ground pressure. The longer contact patch increases cornering and straight line traction
- Stability -- The relative position of the bottom bracket/cranks to the axles in the wheels also means that your relative center of gravity is lower. This results in a feeling of riding "in" the bike rather than on top of it.
- Tire Clearance -- with more tire choices than any platform, the 29"wheel easily accommodates off road as well as commuting tires.
- Taller Riders -- 29" bikes tend to offer taller riders a more natural-feel and frame geometry.
The Diamondback Overdrive Comp features a 6061-T6 Aluminum Overdrive series frame with formed top and down tubes, a 1.5" machined headtube for stiffness, and forged drop outs for added strength. The slight sloping top tube provides ample standover clearance. A 71° head tube angle and a 73° seat tube angle create the perfect XC/trail geometry. A Rock Shox XC 30 TK-29 with remote turnkey lockout gives you 100mm of travel that can locked for climbing. It also features external rebound and compression adjust for custom tuning to every trail.
The Shimano Deore front and rear derailleurs, shifters and a Shimano Dyna-Sys 10-speed crank set with sealed cartridge bearing bottom bracket give you all of the power you need to make it up or down any hill. When descending, you'll greatly appreciate the Shimano hydraulic disc brakes with 180/160mm rotors. They will make stopping those big wheels a breeze.
- Overdrive 29" Butted 6061-T6 Aluminum frame
- Rock Shox XC 30, TK-29" fork with turn key lockout
- Shimano Deore 10-speed drivetrain
- Shimano Hydraulic Disc brakes with 180/160 rotors
- WTB Wolverine Comp 29x2.2 tires
Diamondback Overdrive Comp 29er Mountain Bike - 2014 Performance Exclusive
- bottom bracket:
- Sealed Cartridge
- Shimano BR-M445 Hydraulic Disc w/180mm frt / 160mm rear Rotors
- Shimano HG62 10spd Cassette (11-36t)
- Shimano HG54 10spd
- Shimano FCM522 Dyna-Sys 10spd Crankset 24/32/42t
- Rock Shox XC 30, TK-29" w/turn key lockout, 100mm travel, ext. rebound, compression adj.
- Overdrive 29" Butted 6061-T6 Aluminum w/ Formed Top / Down Tube, 1.5" Tapered machined headtube, forged drop outs w/replaceable hanger, disc only
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Deore 10spd, Low clamp, dual pull, 34.9
- DB4L 135mm Kraton
- DB Lazer Series 31.8mm low rise
- FSA No.42 , Sealed ACB for Taper Headtube
- Shimano BR-M446 Hydraulic
- Wellgo Alloy forged, CNC MTB
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Deore 10spd Shadow type
- rear shock:
- DB Race saddle
- DB Micro Adjust 30.9mm
- Shimano Deore 10spd Rapidfire
- DB 3D Forged 7° 31.8mm
- WTB Wolverine Comp 29x2.2
- 32h Diamondback SL-7 Doublewall
You May Also Like
- Diamondback Overdrive Pro 29" Mountain Bike - 2014 Our Price: $1,600.00 SALE: $1,599.99
- Diamondback Mason Comp 29er Mountain Bike - 2014 Our Price: $1,800.00 SALE: $1,799.99
- Diamondback Recoil Pro 29 29er Mountain Bike - 2014 Our Price: $1,500.00 SALE: $1,499.99