SPECIAL OFFERTotally Free Shipping and Assembly When Shipped To Store See details
Kestrel Talon Triathlon Road Bike - 2014The Kestrel Talon Tri 105 bike is highly engineered and spec'd for today's budding triathlete. With a full carbon frame and Shimano 105 and Oval Concepts components, the Talon Tri will keep you moving forward with comfort and confidence.
Every Kestrel design is proprietary and engineered from scratch in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The process begins with computer-aided design and analysis. Once the modeling is over, Kestrel builds structural prototypes and submits them to a battery of laboratory tests, miles of riding under both sponsored athletes and the highly knowledgeable engineers themselves. The result is a Kestrel carbon frame that is executed with a high degree of engineering mastery. The Talon Tri 105 is made from a special blend of 700k and 800k high modulus carbon fiber. While the 700k material is incredibly stiff, the 800k carbon is 30% more stiff, and allows Kestrel to use 20% less material in the production of the frame. The external bearing bottom bracket and tapered head tube further the amount of frame stiffness. The Talon Tri frame is a dormant rocket ship, begging for even a small effort, and it will takeoff.
The Talon Tri Shimano 105 is fueled by a Shimano brand drivetrain. The Microshift shifters, working in tandem with the Tektro brake dual pivot design, allow for a greater level of modulation and power from the Oval Concepts base bar and ergo bend extensions, where most triathletes ride a majority of the time. The 10-speed 105 rear derailleur integrates the wide link design prominently featured in both Dura-Ace and Ultegra derailleurs to not only promote quick shifting, but to preserve the pivots for greater durability and long-term, crisp shifting performance.
Oval Concepts has long been revered for producing high quality components. The Oval 327 aero clinchers provide a speed advantage without going overboard and losing comfort. They are outfitted with Vittoria Zaffiro Pro tires that have a slick surface for low rolling resistance and a 23C width for fast cornering. An 300 series triathlon specific saddle with chromoly rails and a Kestrel EMS Pro Aero seat post add more efficiency to an already streamlined high performance road bike.
- Blend of 700K and 800K High Modulus Carbon Fiber for stiffness, speed
- Shimano drivetrain with 105 rear derailleur and Microshift shifters add efficiency
- Oval Concepts 750 Base Bar & Ergo Bend Extensions for proper position
- Oval Concepts 327 Alloy Clinchers adds aerodynamics and stiffness
Kestrel Talon Triathlon Road Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- Oval Concepts Integrated, External Bearings
- Tektro Dual Pivot
- Shimano Tiagra, 11-25T
- KMC X10 Nickel-plated 10-sp
- Oval Concepts 520 Alloy Compact 50/34T (48cm, 52cm: 170mm; 55cm, 57cm: 172.5mm; 60cm: 175mm)
- EMS Pro SL Aero, Full Carbon, 1 1/8" - 1 1/4" Tapered Alloy Steerer
- Blend of 700K & 800K High Modulus Carbon Fiber
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Tiagra, Braze-on
- Kestrel Suede Tape
- Oval Concepts 350 6061 Alloy Base Bar, Oval Concepts 750 Clip On Ergo Bend Extensions
- FSA Integrated, 1 1/8" Top, 1 1/4" Bottom with 15mm Top Cover
- Oval Concepts 701
- rack mounts:
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano 105, 10-sp
- Oval Concepts 300 Tri w Satin Steel Rails
- Kestrel EMS Pro w/ Ritchey Clamp System
- MicroShift Bar End
- Oval Concepts 313 6061 3D-forged Alloy, 31.8mm +/- 6 degrees (48cm, 52cm: 80mm; 55cm: 90mm; 57cm, 60cm: 100mm)
- Vittoria Zaffiro Pro 700 x 23c Folding
- Oval Concepts 327 Alloy Clincher, 27mm rim, 20H Front, 24H Rear