SPECIAL OFFERTotally Free Shipping and Assembly When Shipped To Store See details
Kestrel Talon Road Bike - 2014 Shimano 105Designed for the rider who wants cutting-edge aero design and seat angle adjustability from 72 to 80 degrees, the Kestrel Talon Shimano 105 road bike is ideal for crit racing, fast paced weekend rides, or for simply going out and enjoying the feel of a great road bike. It's the perfect balance of stiffness and power transfer with the added efficiency of a light carbon platform.
Every Kestrel design is proprietary and engineered from scratch in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The process begins with computer-aided design and analysis. Once the modeling is over, Kestrel builds structural prototypes and submits them to a battery of laboratory tests, miles of riding under both sponsored athletes and the highly knowledgeable engineers themselves. The result is a Kestrel carbon frame that is executed with a high degree of engineering mastery. The Talon 105 is made from a special blend of 700k and 800k high modulus carbon fiber. While the 700k material is incredibly stiff, the 800k carbon is 30% more stiff, and allows Kestrel to use 20% less material in the production of the frame. The external bearing bottom bracket and tapered head tube further the amount of frame stiffness.
The Talon Shimano 105 is fueled by a Shimano 105 drivetrain. The 105 shifters, working in tandem with the Tektro brake dual pivot design, allow for a greater level of modulation from the brake hood position, where most roadies ride a majority of the time. The 10-speed SIS 105 rear derailleur integrates the wide link design prominently featured in both Dura-Ace and Ultegra derailleurs to not only promote quick shifting, but to preserve the pivots for greater durability and long term crisp shifting performance.
Oval Concepts has long been revered for producing high quality components. The Oval 327 aero clinchers provide a speed advantage without going overboard and losing comfort. They are outfitted with Vittoria Zaffiro Pro tires that have a slick surface for low rolling resistance and a 23C width for fast cornering. An 300 series road saddle with satin steel rails and a Kestrel EMS Pro seat post add more efficiency to an already streamlined high performance road bike.
- Blend of 700K and 800K High Modulus Carbon Fiber frame and EMS Pro SL Aero, Full Carbon fork supply important stiffness and speed
- Shimano 105 drivetrain with an Oval Concepts 520 Compact 50/34T crank adds efficiency and dependability
- Oval Concepts 310 and 313 handlebar and stem keep you in the proper position for extended comfort
- Oval Concepts 327 Alloy Clinchers adds aerodynamics and stiffness without slowing you down in a crosswind
Kestrel Talon Road Bike - 2014 Shimano 105
- bottom bracket:
- Oval Concepts Integrated, External Bearings
- Tektro Dual Pivot
- Shimano Tiagra, 11-25T
- KMC X10 Nickel-plated 10-sp
- Oval Concepts 520 Alloy Compact 50/34T (48cm, 52cm: 170mm; 55cm, 57cm: 172.5mm; 60cm: 175mm)
- EMS Pro SL Aero, Full Carbon, 1 1/8" - 1 1/4" Tapered Alloy Steerer
- Blend of 700K & 800K High Modulus Carbon Fiber
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Tiagra, Braze-on
- Kestrel Suede Tape
- Oval Concepts 310 6061 Alloy, Ergonomic Fit (48cm, 52cm: 40cm; 55cm, 57cm: 42cm; 60cm 44cm
- FSA Integrated, 1 1/8" Top, 1 1/4" Bottom with 15mm Top Cover
- Shimano 105
- rack mounts:
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano 105, 10-sp
- Oval Concepts 300 w Satin Steel Rails
- Kestrel EMS Pro w/ Ritchey Clamp System
- Shimano 105 STI
- Oval Concepts 313 6061 3D-forged Alloy, 31.8mm +/- 6 degrees (48cm, 52cm: 90mm; 55cm: 100mm; 57cm, 60cm: 120mm)
- Vittoria Zaffiro Pro 700 x 23c Folding
- Oval Concepts 327 Alloy Clincher, 27mm rim, 20H Front, 24H Rear