SPECIAL OFFERTotally Free Shipping and Assembly When Shipped To Store See details
Diamondback Steilacoom RCX Pro Disc Cyclocross Bike - 2014The 2014 Diamondback Steilacoom RCX Pro Disc cyclocross bike is taking the course by storm. Designed and developed in some of the wettest, muddiest terrain in the world, the Steilacoom RCX Pro Disc is ready for primetime, anytime. Thanks to a lightweight stiff alloy frame, an Easton fork and mechanical disc brakes, this is a bike that's built to rack up some "W"s.
At its core, the bike is built around the phenomenal DBR CX Pro frame, constructed with fully butted 7005 alloy. The bike is stiff, lightweight, extremely durable and resistant to corrosion--a must when competing in wet, muddy conditions. The rear dropouts feature disc tabs, and have been stiffened to handle the extra forces without flexing. The geometry and straight top tube are optimized to accommodate portaging, and the bike is easy to sling over your shoulder. The BB386 bottom bracket helps stiffen up the BB shell, so more of your power goes into making the bike go forward. Up front the frame is paired to an Eason EC-90XD carbon fork that exceptionally strong and stiff, thanks to a tapered 1.5" carbon steerer and disc brake tabs.
The bike comes built up with SRAM's ever-impressive 10-speed Force group--the go-to standard for cross. With its bombproof construction, intuitive DoubleTap shifting performance and lightweight materials, Force gives you everything you need to take your racing to the next level. The crank is a SRAM S950 with carbon monocoque crankarms (which was the design basis for the new Force 22 crank, by the way) that are exceptionally stiff and very lightweight. The 46/36T double ring gives you plenty of gearing options for hardpack or the wettest mud. Braking is handled by Avid BB7 mechanical disc brakes, which provide exceptional modulation and powerful, all-weather performance.
Finally, the bike rolls on a set of EA90-XD Disc wheels and Michelin Cyclocross Mud 2 700x30c tires. The build is finished off with an FSA SL-K handlebars, stem, seatpost and a WTB Silverado saddle to keep the weight to a minimum and the small, premium details maxed out.
- Diamondback DBR CX Pro cyclocross frame is made with fully-butted 7005 alloy to be stiffer, lighter and faster
- Easton EC-90XD carbon fiber disc fork gives you a smoother, more responsive ride
- SRAM Force 10-speed group delivers pro-level performance and bombproof construction
- Easton EA90-XD wheels are gluttons for punishment, but spin up quickly and power through the mud
- FSA SL-K carbon fiber stem, seatpost, and handlebars shed weight and give the bike a premium feel
Diamondback Steilacoom RCX Pro Disc Cyclocross Bike - 2014
- bottom bracket:
- AVID Mech. BB7 Cross Brakes w/160mm frt, 140mm rear rotors
- Sram 1070 10-speed (12-26t)
- Sram 1071 10spd
- SRAM S950 10-speed Carbon Monocoque Arm, Cross Crankset BB386 46,36t
- Easton EC-90XD Carbon w/Tapered 1.5 Carbon Steerer for Disc Brake
- DBR CX PRO Spec. Fully Butted 6061-T6 Alloy Competition Cyclocross Geometry, Formed Top tube w/integrated Tapered Headtube, lightwieght formed Down tube, with Formed and butted seat tube with Brazon FD hanger, Disc Specific Drop out
- front derailleur:
- Sram FORCE, Braze-on type
- DBR Cork w/Gel
- FSA SLK COMPACT, UD Carbon, 125MM Drop, 31.8
- FSA NO.42 Sealed Angular Contact Bearings, for 1.5 Taper
- Sram FORCE double tap
- rack mounts:
- rear derailleur:
- Sram FORCE 10-speed
- WTB Silverado Team Black, Nicro tubular rails
- FSA SLK, 27.2 Carbon post
- Sram FORCE double tap 10-speed shifter
- FSA SLK Carbon, 31.8
- Michelin Cyclocross Mud 2 700x30
- Easton EA90-XD DISC Specific, Road tubless, (F) Easton EA90-XD, 20h, 9mmx100mm QR w/6-bolt CNC machined rotor mount, sealed cartridge bearing (R) Easton EA90-XD 24H, 10mmx135mm QR w/6 bolt CNC machined rotor mount, sealed cartridge bearing